Did you notice that my avatar is an animation? It has 8 frames (made with GIMP2.2, which I highly recommend and it's free) but you would have to look very carefully to see the far too subtle effect. It's easy to do - the fact that I can do it proves that!

I don't want to give the game away but is it all in the eyes?

Either that or your laying the foundations for the 1st of next month!

Did you notice that my avatar is an animation? It has 8 frames (made with GIMP2.2, which I highly recommend and it's free) but you would have to look very carefully to see the far too subtle effect. It's easy to do - the fact that I can do it proves that!

I don't want to give the game away but is it all in the eyes?

Either that or your laying the foundations for the 1st of next month!

Does the fish's eye change colour? It sure looks like it. :lol:

Was that just to get me to stare wide-eyed at my computer screen for 5 mins so everyone in the office will think I've had a nervous breakdown?

If so, it worked; I see no animation!

Anyway, I've forwarded a GIMP link to my laptop & I'll have a look at it in the next couple of days, ta.

You perv.

Anyway, I've forwarded a GIMP link to my laptop & I'll have a look at it in the next couple of days, ta.

You perv.

GIMP 2.2 is even dirtier you'll be pleased to know, makes up for the huge disappointment of so-called 'flash animation' turning out to be some sort of bloody graphics programming tool... :lol:

No I've no idea what I'm talking about either, far too late to let that stop me though.

]

I'll be aiming to get a confused mess of black lines to wobble a bit on a 5 second loop, just so you'll know when I've got my .gif right... :lol:

i would say easier than flash.. all depends which programme you're using. and how complicated you want the .gif - my flag is only 4 or 5 frames of the same image with varied transparency on a loop.

i'm impressed... never saw that before

All right - I can't see it and I'm too damn impatient to stare for long. Is this like that damn mosquito ringtone - the one you can't hear if you're over 30? Like, if you are old enough to have teenagers you can't see the avatar move?

All right - I can't see it and I'm too damn impatient to stare for long. Is this like that damn mosquito ringtone - the one you can't hear if you're over 30? Like, if you are old enough to have teenagers you can't see the avatar move?

Don't panic, folks! It doesn't move, it's only the colours that change and Monoclinic is correct - it's all in the eyes.

As HCW spotted, the fish eye changes from red to yellowish and the cat's eyes glow just a bit brighter. It's quite hard to see both changes at the same time on my monitor.

CA, if you can't see the Jumblie waving, then it's probably just your browser that's too old, and nothing to do with your offspring or any of their friends. :lol:

Don't panic, folks! It doesn't move, it's only the colours that change and Monoclinic is correct - it's all in the eyes.

As HCW spotted, the fish eye changes from red to yellowish and the cat's eyes glow just a bit brighter. It's quite hard to see both changes at the same time on my monitor.

CA, if you can't see the Jumblie waving, then it's probably just your browser that's too old, and nothing to do with your offspring or any of their friends. :crossbone:

No, I can see the jumblie waving - I stay up to date on my Firefox. :crossbone: I can't, however, see squat happening with your avatar.

My new Avatar has not gone down very well, so I'm taking heed. If anyone has any suggestions on a suitable Avatar please post here. I only ask so that i do not have to change it for a third time.

Guest Guest_Olveres_*

Why not be a C-word like me and have an annoying, moving, silent-shouting avatar?

Why not be a C-word like me and have an annoying, moving, silent-shouting avatar?

Its a possibility, but I'm not technical enough to know how you even get things moving. But in regards to the C-word, i have not been on this site long and already members think I'm a C-word so i guess it fits! :o

Something entertaining that - sort of - celebrates life and hints at mortality usually works. Pookah's - for example - is a corker because everyone knows the real Peter Wyngarde is a very old gay man who was - sort of - misrepresented as the dandy ladies-man secret agent he's portraying in the picture. Mine's not bad either. Infamous criminals also go well. Just a suggestion, like, get a picture of Des O' Connor, deface it with devil horns or summat, and use that.

Something entertaining that - sort of - celebrates life and hints at mortality usually works. Pookah's - for example - is a corker because everyone knows the real Peter Wyngarde is a very old gay man who was - sort of - misrepresented as the dandy ladies-man secret agent he's portraying in the picture. Mine's not bad either. Infamous criminals also go well. Just a suggestion, like, get a picture of Des O' Connor, deface it with devil horns or summat, and use that.

Again my technical ability's come into play when starting to play with Photo shop or any other picture defacing programs.

Is pooka's the best one on DL of all time? or does any others stick out in anyones memory?

I didn't actually mind the dead chicken avatar to be honest. No suggestions. I've changed my avatar often, mostly it's been someone who is dead and I admire or someone whose death is significant to me for whatever reason.

I didn't actually mind the dead chicken avatar to be honest. No suggestions. I've changed my avatar often, mostly it's been someone who is dead and I admire or someone whose death is significant to me for whatever reason.

It was the Des O'Connor one that really got up a few noses, oh well im up for constructive critism as long as it does not go too far.

Again my technical ability's come into play when starting to play with Photo shop or any other picture defacing programs.

Yeah but a picture of Des, defaced with a felt pen and scanned.....easy eh?

Yeah but a picture of Des, defaced with a felt pen and scanned.....easy eh?

You make it sound so easy! Ill wait til i get some alone time in the office and have a go.

I'm loving your picture, and your name, I wish I could have thought of something clever like that. I think you're trying too hard to please other people, so what if some don't like your picture? Stuff em! If you like it, have it.

My new Avatar has not gone down very well, so I'm taking heed. If anyone has any suggestions on a suitable Avatar please post here. I only ask so that i do not have to change it for a third time.

A Penis.

A very small Penis.

I'm loving your picture, and your name, I wish I could have thought of something clever like that. I think you're trying too hard to please other people, so what if some don't like your picture? Stuff em! If you like it, have it.

Wise words thank you LB

How about rotating pics of each of the winners of FHM's coveted "sexiest woman alive" award?

That way we can compare the one of Britney Spears then to the train wreck she has become, and wonder how.

A Penis.

A very small Penis.

Self portrait LFN?

I wouldn't bother if I were you.

You are going to be banned soon anyway.

I wouldn't bother if I were you.

You are going to be banned soon anyway.

hahaha well i did not start it, I just don't want to take any more crap. I have been good I'm sorting out my spelling and my avatar because i have caused offense, so please give me a break.