My new Avatar has not gone down very well, so I'm taking heed. If anyone has any suggestions on a suitable Avatar please post here. I only ask so that i do not have to change it for a third time.

How about rotating pics of each of the winners of FHM's coveted "sexiest woman alive" award?

That way we can compare the one of Britney Spears then to the train wreck she has become, and wonder how.

I like that idea, maybe i could tweak it to have pictures of all the people in VSBfromH self destruction thread? The way they were before they got corrupt on alcohol, drugs and a lack of personal hygiene.

Splendid new avatar MPFC.

Any reason for your fine choice? More THFC than MPFC :unsure: .

It's a tribute, no bullshit.

I've been onto Kevan Jones MP lately, along with a few others, suggesting as veterans' minister he does something about the posthumous Military Cross for Walter Tull. Going to Northampton Town last Saturday and walking to the ground down Walter Tull Way reminded me of the whole thing.

This matters.

Walter Tull

Kevan Jones MP - sadly no direct e-mail from his site, but bother him by post, tell him who you are and tell him you support the Military Cross campaign and the statement in Early Day Motion 1851, he'd love to hear from you, and he - just about - has the power to do something about it.

Oh aye and....Early Day Motion 1851

Tabled by Northampton MP Brian Binley and signed by the 54 MPs below. Assuming your MP isn't a minister and isn't listed on the names below, you could always get on his/her case and ask them to get behind it. You could probably do that by e-mail via their site but you have to give them your address to prove you are a genuine constituent and not that mad bastard from Maryport who keeps bothering them.

Binley, Brian

That this House remembers Walter Tull for his contribution to British sport as a professional footballer for Tottenham Hotspur and Northampton Town football clubs; expresses its sincere gratitude for his lesser-known role as a soldier who fought in the 17th Middlesex Regiment during the First World War; notes that he was accepted for Officer Training and appointed to a Commission in the Special Reserve of Officers in 1917; remembers that he sadly lost his life as an officer of the 23rd Middlesex regiment in 1918; notes that his Commanding Officer mentioned him in despatches for his `gallantry and coolness' on the Italian Front and recommended him for a Military Cross; regrets that he was not awarded the Cross because, as a British citizen of non-European descent, he should not have been commissioned at all; and calls upon the Government to right this sizeable injustice by posthumously awarding him the Military Cross for his gallantry.

Signatures( 54)

Standard Order Party Groups Alphabetical Order Party Totals

Status

Open signatures All signatures

Binley, Brian

Hepburn, Stephen

Illsley, Eric

Jenkins, Brian

Lancaster, Mark

Holloway, Adam

Kumar, Ashok

Evans, Nigel

Fraser, Christopher

Walker, Charles

Scott, Lee

Hunter, Mark

Hoyle, Lindsay

Cryer, Ann

Campbell, Gregory

Corbyn, Jeremy

Stringer, Graham

Wareing, Robert N

Simpson, David

McCrea, Dr William

Bottomley, Peter

Pope, Greg

Hopkins, Kelvin

Hancock, Mike

Simpson, Alan

Vis, Rudi

Pound, Stephen

Purchase, Ken

Hayes, John

Meale, Alan

Campbell, Ronnie

Clappison, James

Etherington, Bill

Goodwill, Robert

Bailey, Adrian

Boswell, Tim

Syms, Robert

Winterton, Nicholas

Wright, Anthony D

Bone, Peter

Davies, Philip

Dorries, Nadine

Hands, Greg

Jackson, Stewart

Timpson, Edward

Russell, Bob

Keen, Alan

Duncan Smith, Iain

Wallace, Ben

Browne, Jeremy

MacNeil, Angus

Farron, Timothy

Grogan, John

Webb, Steve

Bet you're sorry you asked about the Avatar now, eh?

Unfortunately, all your good efforts are somewhat diluted by the comments directly under your avatar..... :unsure:

PS: I'm all for your recognition/support of what Mr Tull acheived (and how he did it).

It's a tribute, no bullshit.

I've been onto Kevan Jones MP lately, along with a few others, suggesting as veterans' minister he does something about the posthumous Military Cross for Walter Tull. Going to Northampton Town last Saturday and walking to the ground down Walter Tull Way reminded me of the whole thing.

This matters.

Walter Tull

Kevan Jones MP - sadly no direct e-mail from his site, but bother him by post, tell him who you are and tell him you support the Military Cross campaign and the statement in Early Day Motion 1851, he'd love to hear from you, and he - just about - has the power to do something about it.

Oh aye and....Early Day Motion 1851

Tabled by Northampton MP Brian Binley and signed by the 54 MPs below. Assuming your MP isn't a minister and isn't listed on the names below, you could always get on his/her case and ask them to get behind it. You could probably do that by e-mail via their site but you have to give them your address to prove you are a genuine constituent and not that mad bastard from Maryport who keeps bothering them.

Binley, Brian

That this House remembers Walter Tull for his contribution to British sport as a professional footballer for Tottenham Hotspur and Northampton Town football clubs; expresses its sincere gratitude for his lesser-known role as a soldier who fought in the 17th Middlesex Regiment during the First World War; notes that he was accepted for Officer Training and appointed to a Commission in the Special Reserve of Officers in 1917; remembers that he sadly lost his life as an officer of the 23rd Middlesex regiment in 1918; notes that his Commanding Officer mentioned him in despatches for his `gallantry and coolness' on the Italian Front and recommended him for a Military Cross; regrets that he was not awarded the Cross because, as a British citizen of non-European descent, he should not have been commissioned at all; and calls upon the Government to right this sizeable injustice by posthumously awarding him the Military Cross for his gallantry.

Signatures( 54)

Standard Order Party Groups Alphabetical Order Party Totals

Status

Open signatures All signatures

Binley, Brian

Hepburn, Stephen

Illsley, Eric

Jenkins, Brian

Lancaster, Mark

Holloway, Adam

Kumar, Ashok

Evans, Nigel

Fraser, Christopher

Walker, Charles

Scott, Lee

Hunter, Mark

Hoyle, Lindsay

Cryer, Ann

Campbell, Gregory

Corbyn, Jeremy

Stringer, Graham

Wareing, Robert N

Simpson, David

McCrea, Dr William

Bottomley, Peter

Pope, Greg

Hopkins, Kelvin

Hancock, Mike

Simpson, Alan

Vis, Rudi

Pound, Stephen

Purchase, Ken

Hayes, John

Meale, Alan

Campbell, Ronnie

Clappison, James

Etherington, Bill

Goodwill, Robert

Bailey, Adrian

Boswell, Tim

Syms, Robert

Winterton, Nicholas

Wright, Anthony D

Bone, Peter

Davies, Philip

Dorries, Nadine

Hands, Greg

Jackson, Stewart

Timpson, Edward

Russell, Bob

Keen, Alan

Duncan Smith, Iain

Wallace, Ben

Browne, Jeremy

MacNeil, Angus

Farron, Timothy

Grogan, John

Webb, Steve

Not at all. I did know who he was, I just wondered as to your reason of choice. My son played at the Stade Jacques Chaban-Delmas last year with a THFC shirt under his club shirt. This year he will have one with Walter's name on the back. Better that than the Berbatov one.

Terminator has a point about the comments under the avatar. Perhaps a campaign can be started to have the 'sad W**ker' title changed while Walter Tull's picture is above. Perhaps to 'sad Walter'. Obviously it should be changed back if the avatar is changed :)

"....regrets that he was not awarded the Cross because, as a British citizen of non-European descent, he should not have been commissioned at all."

I'm surprised the British army didn't send his family a bill for the uniform he got all dirty when he was killed.

Perhaps a campaign can be started to have the 'sad W**ker' title changed while Walter Tull's picture is above.

Doubtless it will be changed to something even more demeaning when I hit 7000 posts, obviously, BS and Windsor may be Sad w**nkers by next Christmas, or soon after. It's our reward for sticking around to hit the magic 6000.

It's a fair point though, re Walter Tull and the words beneath.

I'm guessing where he was concerned there may be more of the story unrecorded. The 'European descent' element and the way it was worded seem to suggest it hadn't occured to the bigots in charge that a man of mixed race, i.e. partly European, might be officer material. The television drama this year started with him already selected, I've found myself wondering if those nominating him looked at the regulations and said something like; 'Damn it all, his mother was English!'

As a rule I find it easy to resist the kind of bleeding heart liberalism that wants to right every historic wrong, but in Walter Tull's case I think the campaign matters to leave a historical record of this country admitting to wrongs, and creating a story with a decent hero that could be told to every school kid, in a way that got the message across in simple and effective terms. Or summat.

Let us give his brother Jethro a medal too

What happens when I hit sad W**ker status, I'm a girl, do I still count as a sad W**ker? I don't mind if I do, because I am indeed a W**ker, I'm just wondering.

What happens when I hit sad W**ker status, I'm a girl, do I still count as a sad W**ker? I don't mind if I do, because I am indeed a W**ker, I'm just wondering.

Can't girls wink then?

Can't girls wink then?

I thought it was walker. As in, "That was a cracking cheese documentary, Grommit. I'm just taking this bag of Wotsits and going for a quick walk upstairs."

or, "What's all that noise coming from Johnny's bedroom?" "Oh, nothing to worry about, he's just having a crafty walk."

Can't girls wink then?

I thought it was walker. As in, "That was a cracking cheese documentary, Grommit. I'm just taking this bag of Wotsits and going for a quick walk upstairs."

or, "What's all that noise coming from Johnny's bedroom?" "Oh, nothing to worry about, he's just having a crafty walk."

Is Johnny's walk an ingredient in Johnny Walker's famed distillation? I'm not surprised, although I've always thought it tastes more like piss.

Can't girls wink then?

A pedant writes - Couldn't be "walker" as what you become is "Sad W*nker" not Sad W**ker" :-)

Can't girls wink then?

A pedant writes - Couldn't be "walker" as what you become is "Sad W*nker" not Sad W**ker" :-)

Perhaps its Wonker, as in someone who works for Mr Wonka?

Re avatars, BBC 4 are devoting 2 hours to repeating their programmes on Walter Tull, on Boxing Day.

Highly recommended, especially the documentary.

Just happened upon this wee beauty from a Deathlister I hadn't been aware of.

av-490.gif

A work of genius, I'm sure you'll agree.

Sir Creep, you have the greatest avatar in the history of DL.

• Thanks 1

Debateable, I'll confess a certain fondness for Josco, Lardy and DDT's avatars, and Eejit's little movie never got tiresome for me either.

Debateable, I'll confess a certain fondness for Josco, Lardy and DDT's avatars, and Eejit's little movie never got tiresome for me either.

Mass-debateable? Well you've given us so many to choose from there...

No I'm sorry. S-C wins. Johnny Sauce Pants second, my Xmas avatar from last year gets the bronze. Also I guess Stayin Alive has to be in there somewhere.....

Why thanks. They're all my own, you know.

On 1/16/2015 at 06:05, Dr. Zorders said:

Why thank you!

I've had this photo in my 'meme' possibilities for a few months now, and figured it was a winner.

SC

You cant beat a good old masturbating Chimpanzee.

I'll stick with my toasty bed, ta.

• Like 1

Why dont you find a pic of one then.

Why dont you find a pic of one then.

photo-thumb-8762.jpg?_r=0

• Like 7