Lady Die

The Deathlist Christmas Special!

Sound the alarms…it has started.

49578986-42C6-4F39-BD8D-CCD4ADFBA17E.thumb.jpeg.6ee4bee988bf11044d180d998fa3c76c.jpeg

Best of luck everyone!

• Like 7

At a time of year where we’ll all be spammed with Christmas songs, a TikTokist has mashed one up with a more normal song for those who aren’t quite in the festive spirit yet.

And the other way around!

(TikTok doesn’t embed on Deathlist dot net because it’s still 2012 here)

EDIT: Don’t worry, it’s not a Wham. I’m not that much of a dick.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TQR said:

At a time of year where we’ll all be spammed with Christmas songs, a TikTokist has mashed one up with a more normal song for those who aren’t quite in the festive spirit yet.

And the other way around!

(TikTok doesn’t embed on Deathlist dot net because it’s still 2012 here)

EDIT: Don’t worry, it’s not a Wham. I’m not that much of a dick.

That's actually quite great! Works much better than I expected.

• Like 1

Sorry to be a Christmas thread post whore, but...

The Kunts, off of two almost-successful Christmas No.1 efforts with the tunes ‘Boris Johnson Is A Fucking Cunt’ and latterly ‘Boris Johnson Is Still A Fucking Cunt’, have teased TWO new songs; a snippet of their main 2022 No.1 effort ‘Fuck The Tories’ and some lyrics to a LadBaby-inspired second track they’re working on:

• Like 1

Please tell me LadBaby has fucked off this year.

4 hours ago, TQR said:

49578986-42C6-4F39-BD8D-CCD4ADFBA17E.thumb.jpeg.6ee4bee988bf11044d180d998fa3c76c.jpeg

Best of luck everyone!

Thought for sure I already failed yesterday while doing groceries. But the game only starts today, and it was a cover version anyway. So still in it.

8 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Thought for sure I already failed yesterday while doing groceries. But the game only starts today, and it was a cover version anyway. So still in it.

Yes, I had that same feeling late last week (but with the OG version), shat myself until I checked the rules.

Went back in this thread to see where I got caught in previous years and came across this video originally posted by @Sir Creep

Now I know he stirs some people up the wrong way a lot, but credit where credits due, this just cracks me up. 

Oh if only there was a way to get this on a loop at your local Tesco. It's genuinely catchy, and not awful to my ears.

Much better than Wham or bloody Maria Carey.

• Haha 2

If you think your local council is a bit stingy with the Christmas decorations just be thankful you don't live in a village near me. I thought this was a joke when I first saw it on Bakebook but I've driven past it and it's real, although there (understandably) has been so much kick up it's being replaced.

FB_IMG_1669909027507.jpg

On 01/12/2022 at 07:41, TQR said:

Best of luck everyone!

I'm out. I got a whammed yesterday at work.  

• Like 1
  • Shocked 3

I was shopping this afternoon in the birthplace of Alfred the Great.  I didn't hear any Christmas music at all.  :D

Mind you, they were setting up a fair in the market place, so it would only have been a matter of time.

The "Santa Bus" passed me earlier, blasting out a familiar seasonal tune by a well-known band beginning with W; fortunately, it was Wizzard, not Wham.

On 01/12/2022 at 07:41, TQR said:

Best of luck everyone!

I'm out, radio 2 didn't give a warning, first time out of the house in 5 days (covid) drove 1/2mile and bang.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, One shot Paddy said:

I'm out, radio 2 didn't give a warning, first time out of the house in 5 days (covid) drove 1/2mile and bang.

Sounds like they know of the game and are trying to get people out 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Sounds like they know of the game and are trying to get people out 

There were a lot of people text in giving off that they had been eliminated, normally they give a warning that they are going to play it as do the local station. Mrs OSP thought I had forgotten something when I went SHIT as I recognised it :lol:

They can Whamp up the pressure, I still haven't heard it.

Don't get out much. :lol:

On 01/12/2022 at 08:41, TQR said:

Best of luck everyone!

And I'm out. Had a Sinterklaas-party with my in-laws (could you call it that? Girlfriends family) yesterday evening, and the consensus happened to be "since there are virtually no Sinterklaas-songs tolerable for sane adults, let's play a christmas-playlist instead". About halfway through dinner, not a cloud in sight. Well, I'd probably heard up to five Bublé versions of classics at that point, which must be four too many at least, but not a single sound of our infamous English pop duo. Then it all went down suddenly. As I went for a second round of meat with some salad and baguette, I heard the vaguest beginnings of a song, which I suddenly realised turned out to be the all too well known song by George and Andrew. I silently accepted my defeat. Oh well. Had a fun evening anyway! :D

And for whom the above seemed way too over the top and dramatic, just wait till you hear Wham! once released a christmas song :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ThereWillBeDeaths7 said:

I silently accepted my defeat.

Respect for this. A couple of years ago I walked into Tesco while it was playing and, loudly and on my own, exclaimed “Oh for fuck sake” to the bewilderment of loads of passers by.

• Haha 2

I'm out.Some guy was cycling around London yesterday with an enormous speaker in his basket blaring out Christmas classics.

And Wham!...

• Angry 1

9 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

I'm out.Some guy was cycling around London yesterday with an enormous speaker in his basket blaring out Christmas classics.

And Wham!...

That guy definitely knows he’s a troll. 100%.

• Like 1

Out Christmas shopping this afternoon, but suffered nothing worse than a couple of blasts of Wizzard.

I bought a copy of The Very Best Of Fesshole as a present for a friend, and have been perusing it.  This particular confession should please DL members.

"During the 90s as a student, I worked in Wetherspoons and we had a dead pool, in which you could 'buy' one of the regulars - usually pensioners - for £3.

If you 'owned' the next person to die, you collected the pool.  I won a few times."

• Like 3