Banshees Scream

Sydney Pollack

After being active in the film industry for over forty years as an 'actor' 'producer' and 'director' various rumors tell us that he might have terminal cancer. Pollack definitely meets the fame requirements and after most recently appearing in 'Entorage' 'The Soprano's' and for films 'The Interpreter' he has vanished from the spot light and I think he fits the criteria of a prime candidate. Anybody agree or disagree? We need take on this.

After being active in the film industry for over forty years as an 'actor' 'producer' and 'director' various rumors tell us that he might have terminal cancer. Pollack definitely meets the fame requirements and after most recently appearing in 'Entorage' 'The Soprano's' and for films 'The Interpreter' he has vanished from the spot light and I think he fits the criteria of a prime candidate. Anybody agree or disagree? We need take on this.

In terms of people not 80+, I think Pollack (along with Christodoulos and Fawset) are my top picks.

In terms of people not 80+, I think Pollack (along with Christodoulos and Fawset) are my top picks.

There doesn't seem to be enough evidence that he has got terminal cancer, unless someone can oblige overwise.

Over to you DDT... :lol:

The feedback here is very balanced so far and I can't blame you for questioning the reliability of sources that have made these claims but the media is the media 'The National Enquirer' and I'm inclined to think Sydney Pollack makes a much better candidate then Roddy Roddy Piper 'if you get my tone' so I think he is definitely essential material.

The feedback here is very balanced so far and I can't blame you for questioning the reliability of sources that have made these claims but the media is the media 'The National Enquirer' and I'm inclined to think Sydney Pollack makes a much better candidate then Roddy Roddy Piper 'if you get my tone' so I think he is definitely essential material.

I also think that if you were a big celebrity that disappears and quits all his projects, and rumors of your terminal illness surfaces that aren't true you may be inclined to deny those rumors. Hell, even Elizabeth Taylor went on Larry King to show that she is okay. Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

Interesting to bring him in at number 2. He is in my Rotten.com squad but since I've heard little more about him I've not put him in any of my other teams this xmas time. Will he be my worst miss this year? Only time will tell.

Pollack brings the real gamble into Deathlist this year since I expect when 'or If' he dies it will be rude and sudden. In reality he is like my second Joker for DDP.

I like this pick.

I like this pick.

As do I, number 2 might be a tad high though. :banghead:

looking at the "big-hitters" signatures , Ol' Syd seems a VERY popular pick.... :lol:

His "Michael Clayton" pic was nominated and no-one has heard or seen him. Total radio silence. :rolleyes:

His "Michael Clayton" pic was nominated and no-one has heard or seen him. Total radio silence. :rolleyes:

Little titbit here about whether Pollack would get an award at the Oscars, which he didn't. Did anyone spot him at the Oscars?

Was he there?

Pollack to get special award?

Little titbit here about whether Pollack would get an award at the Oscars, which he didn't. Did anyone spot him at the Oscars?

Was he there?

Pollack to get special award?

I didn't see him anywhere at the Oscars.

If he was there, he kept a very low profile

If he was there, he kept a very low profile

No doubt. I watched some of the awards and my favorite winner was Marion Cotillard (beautiful girl) it gives you a chill and I also thought John Stewarts 'Tom Hanks isn't even nominated for an award tonight, so there for he shouldn't even be here' was pretty funny but otherwise getting back on subject I heard his name mentioned towards the end. I might have seen him once but I can't be positive.

We will see.

Pollack hospitalized?

For what its worth....

http://www.emulsioncompulsion.com/2008/02/...ll-with-cancer/

hmmm that article is dated from a month ago. It's strange how no other publications seem to be carrying the same report.

Then again the same thing did happen with Sidney Sheldon where only one publication had reported that he was hospitalised and nothing until he died 6 months later.

So even as the National Enquirer was never the most trusted name in news I guess they weren't bullshit when they come out with this story six months ago. Sydney Pollack's curtain is about to hit the floor.

Or in other words for people who take this as entertainment

It's ... Show Tiiiiiiiiiime.

Poor Syd....he was one of my favorite authors.

((Yes, I know he wasn't a registered author))

Perhaps he'll pull it together and rally up the neeeded strength for a full recovery.

Guest guest

Sydney Pollack was one of the producers on Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency alongside Anthony Minghella. Perhaps this production was cursed in some way, so hopefully only a matter of time before Richard Curtis (writer of said screenplay) cops it too.

Hmm..

Interesting.

As far as I can see, Pollack has only given a short statement on Minghella's death, but revealed that Minghella's death stopped them "from doing many many more movies".

So, you think, hmm.. irons to the fire, he's okay.

But when a tome like Variety say he's gravely ill, says this blog, in a tribute to Minghella, you have to still favour the National Enquirer's report last year.

Another acknowledgement in a review of Leatherheads....

But it does look good, and it often sounds good too, with subsidiary performances from Keith Loneker and others that are equal to the dialogue thrown at them. The executive producer is Sydney Pollack, one of Hollywood’s best, who is now unfortunately gravely ill in Los Angeles. <_<

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/film/film-23...viewId=23476623

Another acknowledgement in a review of Leatherheads....

But it does look good, and it often sounds good too, with subsidiary performances from Keith Loneker and others that are equal to the dialogue thrown at them. The executive producer is Sydney Pollack, one of Hollywood’s best, who is now unfortunately gravely ill in Los Angeles. <_<

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/film/film-23...viewId=23476623

Is it the same person, as they've spelt his name as Pol-lack? <_<