Sign in to follow this  
morbidillo

Frazer Hines

This is the thread to discuss Frazer Hines. ;)

Why? Is there something you're not telling us?

OK, how about

*Frazer Hines (born 22 September 1944, Horsforth, Leeds, Yorkshire) is a British actor best known for his roles as Jamie McCrimmon in the BBC science fiction television series Doctor Who, and Joe Sugden in Emmerdale.

At the age of eight, after studying acting at the Corona Stage Academy, he made his acting debut. He was thirteen when he appeared in Charlie Chaplin's A King in New York (1957) and by the age of fifteen, he had appeared in six films. In 1960 he appeared in the eight-part serial The Young Jacobites. His television roles included Jan in The Silver Sword (1957-8), Tim Birch in Emergency Ward 10 (1963-4), and Roger Wain in Coronation Street (1965).

In Doctor Who he played the part of Jamie McCrimmon, a companion of the Second Doctor, from 1966 to 1969 as well as reappearing in The Five Doctors (1983) and The Two Doctors (1985). Though much of his work on Doctor Who has been lost, he appeared in more episodes than any other actor, save for those playing the first four Doctors. In terms of screen-time, he is easily the longest-serving co-star, although Nicholas Courtney appeared regularly over a greater number of years. This phenomenon is due to the fact that during the 1960s, the show had a much higher episode count than in the 1970s and 1980s.

After his three-year stint as Jamie in Doctor Who he resumed the life of a jobbing actor until 1972, when he was cast in the soap opera Emmerdale Farm as Joe Sugden — a role he played until 1994. In between making episodes of Emmerdale, as it was renamed in the 1980's, he has continued a career in the theatre and made occasional appearances in other TV shows

Nothing much else to discuss then

* taken from wiki

eeerm ......He is playing Alderman Fitzwarren in Dick Whittington this year? Will that suffice?

He is also getting on a tad ;)

OK, how about

*Frazer Hines (born 22 September 1944, Horsforth, Leeds, Yorkshire) is a British actor best known for his roles as Jamie McCrimmon in the BBC science fiction television series Doctor Who, and Joe Sugden in Emmerdale.

At the age of eight, after studying acting at the Corona Stage Academy, he made his acting debut. He was thirteen when he appeared in Charlie Chaplin's A King in New York (1957) and by the age of fifteen, he had appeared in six films. In 1960 he appeared in the eight-part serial The Young Jacobites. His television roles included Jan in The Silver Sword (1957-8), Tim Birch in Emergency Ward 10 (1963-4), and Roger Wain in Coronation Street (1965).

In Doctor Who he played the part of Jamie McCrimmon, a companion of the Second Doctor, from 1966 to 1969 as well as reappearing in The Five Doctors (1983) and The Two Doctors (1985). Though much of his work on Doctor Who has been lost, he appeared in more episodes than any other actor, save for those playing the first four Doctors. In terms of screen-time, he is easily the longest-serving co-star, although Nicholas Courtney appeared regularly over a greater number of years. This phenomenon is due to the fact that during the 1960s, the show had a much higher episode count than in the 1970s and 1980s.

After his three-year stint as Jamie in Doctor Who he resumed the life of a jobbing actor until 1972, when he was cast in the soap opera Emmerdale Farm as Joe Sugden — a role he played until 1994. In between making episodes of Emmerdale, as it was renamed in the 1980's, he has continued a career in the theatre and made occasional appearances in other TV shows

* taken from wiki

Thats the problem with Wiki, all those words when all it needed was four.

He is a twat.

OK, how about

* taken from wiki

Thats the problem with Wiki, all those words when all it needed was four.

He is a twat.

eeerm ......He is playing Alderman Fitzwarren in Dick Whittington this year? Will that suffice?

Getting on a bit? He's only 63

Im on a bit of a quest to track down ex Emmerdale Farm cast members this week. I recently saw an advert on tv starring Jean Rogers AKA Dolly Skillbeck racing around in a stannah stairlift and it got me to thinking...

Did,nt Matt Skilbeck become a monk after he left the show?

And now it seems Amos Brierley has died:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6983016.stm

I guess you must be around that age too then.

Im on a bit of a quest to track down ex Emmerdale Farm cast members this week. I recently saw an advert on tv starring Jean Rogers AKA Dolly Skillbeck racing around in a stannah stairlift and it got me to thinking...

Well not very now, as he died a few weeks ago...

Frazier Hines seems in good nick to me, judging by his appearances on recent Doctor Who DVD docs...

Now that wasnt the greatest move you will ever make ;)

As for a "Where are they now?" quest, I can save you much time and effort.

They are either: a) Dead or z) Appearing at their local Soup kitchen ( assuming that Stannah have finally managed to procure the talents of Mr "Police Stop!" Alistair Stewart)

Hope this helps

Yours

LFN

Well not very now, as he died a few weeks ago...

Its new to me as a few weeks ago I would,nt have been interested.

Frazier Hines seems in good nick to me, judging by his appearances on recent Doctor Who DVD docs...

Havent you heard of sudden death?

Nope! If you read my profile, you'll see I'm only 49 ;)

Does battling bowel cancer involve fisting?

• Like 1

Does battling bowel cancer involve fisting?

I suppose it does...if it helps keep your lower intestine "north of the sphincta".

How about Frazer Hines who played Ma Sugden's son Joe Sugden?

Has suffered with colorectal cancer, although not life threatening, I accept.

A fictional Mother/Son Combo for 2013!

Has suffered with colorectal cancer, although not life threatening, I accept.

A fictional Mother/Son Combo for 2013!

Always the possibility of a relapse

Wasn't he also an early Doctor Who companion?

Wasn't he also an early Doctor Who companion?

Yes he played Jamie McCrimmon from 1966-69...

Aye, he was indeed; Patrick Troughton vintage Dr Who.

Bugger me, he's turned up on today's Doctors!

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Bugger me, he's turned up on today's Doctors!

He's got history...

• Like 1