Godot

Ask A Deathlister

Anyone know how to neutralize the smell of Febreeze? You know, that air freshener that smells like rotting pears?

Oh, and this is second hand Febreeze fumes, because I don't use it. It's either coming from the vents in the apartment building or the hall.

Lots of fresh air - courtesy of hurricane Irene- worked great but now it's ba---ack.

Are you sure it's passive febreeze fumes you're breathing in? Maybe your neighbour has a bowlfull of pears and went on a holiday forgetting all about them.

Hehe, it does smell that way, but it ain't pears. I'm not allergic to pears, but I am sensitive to certain accessories of modern post-industrial revolution life, like Febreeze, Tide, certain perfumes, hairspray, bug spray, scented candles, etc. The usual stuff (pollen, dust, mold, cat and dog fur, etc.) doesn't seem to bother me at all.

I have discovered some Febreze which is called "cascades de Nouvelle Zealande", it doesn't smell like rotten pears and it covers up the smell of sick. I don't know whether it smells like "cascades de Nouvelle Zealande" because I've never been to Nouvelle Zealande.

Anyone know how to neutralize the smell of Febreeze? You know, that air freshener that smells like rotting pears?

Oh, and this is second hand Febreeze fumes, because I don't use it. It's either coming from the vents in the apartment building or the hall.

Lots of fresh air - courtesy of hurricane Irene- worked great but now it's ba---ack.

Are you sure it's passive febreeze fumes you're breathing in? Maybe your neighbour has a bowlfull of pears and went on a holiday forgetting all about them.

Hehe, it does smell that way, but it ain't pears. I'm not allergic to pears, but I am sensitive to certain accessories of modern post-industrial revolution life, like Febreeze, Tide, certain perfumes, hairspray, bug spray, scented candles, etc. The usual stuff (pollen, dust, mold, cat and dog fur, etc.) doesn't seem to bother me at all.

I have discovered some Febreze which is called "cascades de Nouvelle Zealande", it doesn't smell like rotten pears and it covers up the smell of sick. I don't know whether it smells like "cascades de Nouvelle Zealande" because I've never been to Nouvelle Zealande.

I have. I'd love to smell it to see if it's true.

I have. I'd love to smell it to see if it's true.

Ah, this must be Nouvelle Zealande, 'cause that's what my air freshener smells like.

regards,

Hein

The young 'un just told me that able-bodied people are allowed to buy tickets and get in to watch paralympic events.

It's a wind-up, right?

The young 'un just told me that able-bodied people are allowed to buy tickets and get in to watch paralympic events.

It's a wind-up, right?

Buy is the important thing here. Before Atlanta (1996?) they used to just give them away.

A serious question:

How can the long-term unemployed be too busy to cut their f***in' fingernails?

A serious question:

How can the long-term unemployed be too busy to cut their f***in' fingernails?

How can the long-term unemployed be too busy for anything ?

unless they have alot of kids or are working on the side.

If they cut their fingernails, what would they use to scratch their arses with?

• Like 1

Cheers Toast, I think you've solved the mystery!

Pardon my ignorance and I apologise for being a worm,but is there a topic on here where we can post about people in our lives who have died??? or is that too morbid/outlandish??? because I just found out my ex mother-in-law died 2 years ago and I'm fucking overjoyed!!!!!!

Pardon my ignorance and I apologise for being a worm,but is there a topic on here where we can post about people in our lives who have died??? or is that too morbid/outlandish??? because I just found out my ex mother-in-law died 2 years ago and I'm fucking overjoyed!!!!!!

Yes, there is. Here. You might want to read a few pages before deciding to post.

What ever happened to The Pooka? Who was The Pooka?

Anybody?

Anybody?

Was he the one that was sometimes holidaying at Her Majesty's Pleasure?

Anybody?

Was he the one that was sometimes holidaying at Her Majesty's Pleasure?

Yeah thats the fella.

He was as funny as fook and a wordsmith of Sid Waddell/MPFC proportions.

Is anyone bothering to vote in these PCC elections?

No. And when I say no, I don't mean 'no, I'm not bothering', I mean, 'no, NOBODY is bothering'. Wish I'd volunteered to do the count now, what a piece of piss. I would have got paid for counting nothing overnight, and given tomorrow off on full pay to sleep.

I just did, although I'd completely forgotten about it and only remembered as I passed the polling station on my way home. I was number 47, apparently. I voted because I don't think this should be a party political appointment, so I voted for the two Independent candidates just to make a point. In fact one of them sounds like a genuinely good choice.

Its got to be one of the biggest jokes evah!!

Basically, you vote for either an ex Politician or a fucking Freemason. Either one will trouser a small fortune and fuck you up the arse when you are not looking. We have been given the democratic right to elect somebody who will change absolutely fuck all and will cost the taxpayer and arm and a leg.

How much is this whole voting process costing us anyway?

Its got to be one of the biggest jokes evah!!

Basically, you vote for either an ex Politician or a fucking Freemason. Either one will trouser a small fortune and fuck you up the arse when you are not looking. We have been given the democratic right to elect somebody who will change absolutely fuck all and will cost the taxpayer and arm and a leg.

How much is this whole voting process costing us anyway?

Move to Uruguay?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20243493

Meet El Presidente.....

_63994996_mujhome.jpg

Just did, but it was a hard decision. I've used every voting opportunity I've ever had in my life and on this one I think the whole idea such cak I was underwhelmed to the point of thinking abstention the only viable option, or summat. But Mrs MPFC decided she was going and I knew there were two independents on the list, so opted first and second choice for them. Still hope the turnout is a joke and that fact forces a rethink on the whole mess.

Just did, but it was a hard decision. I've used every voting opportunity I've ever had in my life and on this one I think the whole idea such cak I was underwhelmed to the point of thinking abstention the only viable option, or summat. But Mrs MPFC decided she was going and I knew there were two independents on the list, so opted first and second choice for them. Still hope the turnout is a joke and that fact forces a rethink on the whole mess.

One of my friends is a Presiding Officer in Northumberland. He says turnout has just crept over 10% at his station...

I did go and vote, as I'd feel too hypocritical not to, as I'm always encouraging others to vote.

I'm going to be very interested in a) the turnout and b ) the percentage of spoilt ballots.

From what I read in the local press, there is much apathy/antipathy towards these elections, at least here in the 'city' of Brighton & Hove, but I'm wouldn't necessarily assume that that extends to the rest of the county.

Working away from home and I was too busy with work (and typing stuff here) to apply for a postal or proxy vote.

Pointless exercise by all accounts since on the face of it, its just a rubber stamping job for the jobs worth types without any real power. God forbid we should give them any real power...

Went and wrote "waste of money" on the voting slip. IMHO all elections should have a "None of the above" box to register the votes properly.

• Like 2