Godot

Ask A Deathlister

16 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Just wondering:  If I started a deathpool/DL podcast, would you actually tune in?  Oh sure it could be done daily, but thinking weekly at this point.  But if there's no market then no sense in doing it, and if YOU aren't going to tune in, then there's no market.

SirC

I'd listen. But it depends what and whom you discuss.

In other words, if you do obituaries for community college deans from Oklahoma, as well as local folk painters from Vermont, no thanks.

But if you do updates on, you know, relevant people such as Tony Booth or George Bush, and talk about the DDP, then sure.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Now have images of Sir Creep interviewing Forum members but due to the anonymity:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Podcast doesn't sound to bad provided it's about celebrity deaths, I think doing it on Dead Pools in themselves would be too narrow.

2 hours ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

I'd listen. But it depends what and whom you discuss.

In other words, if you do obituaries for community college deans from Oklahoma, as well as local folk painters from Vermont, no thanks.

But if you do updates on, you know, relevant people such as Tony Booth or George Bush, and talk about the DDP, then sure.

well exactly -- updates on prominent folks (not Shameless sorry lol), such as on our DL or Drop 40s, and maybe obits about interesting people and who they were what they did.  I think you are spot on.  It's an idea in progress.  Make it call in show so I can find out what some of you wankers sound like, as I don't have a visual LOL>
SC

(Edit: I'd also mix in a few goofy death related things such as in Extra-curricular, I think that would fill out an hour)

(Edit 2: In fact, I could update on some of our DPs on this website, new leaders etc, and draw attention and traffic to it.  Put all the other sites in our rearview mirror as it were).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

Now have images of Sir Creep interviewing Forum members but due to the anonymity:

msc you're my first guest!  Start prepping, you MoFo.
SC

Anyone on here a linux user? Any idea how to get Ubuntu Software Center working in xfce so that it doesn't produce authentication errors?

6 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Anyone on here a linux user? Any idea how to get Ubuntu Software Center working in xfce so that it doesn't produce authentication errors?

That just sound like a load of old gibberish bollocks.

Are you pissed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Is Linux some sort of feminine sanitary product?

A Dundee shower as far as I mind ,is a scoosh under both arms with a stolen can of Linux. I think....

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

That just sound like a load of old gibberish bollocks.

Are you pissed?

Where's Cat O'Falk when you need him. He'd understand this issue.

It's an operating system (like Windows or Mac); it doesn't have many real world uses among the plebs (although is particular well-used among autists in the 25-40 range who see it as a rebellion against commercial alternatives (it's open source); but one thing it's really useful for is running actual programs (and in my case Minecraft) on a chromebook by utilising developer mode (basically when you tell your computer your fed up with only being able to browse the internet). I've managed to resolve the issue and am now able to play minecraft on my computer, after 4 hours of typing commands, waiting for files to execute themselves and screaming at the computer. I'm also now using firefox on a chromebook to satisfy the inner edgy 12 year old lol.

The kicker is it's been so long since I played the fecking game I've forgotten the password, security questions and password to the email I used to set it up when I was 16. so have had to buy it again.

In case another linux user ever frequents this thread and has the same issue the solution was to type sudo su in the terminal followed by software center on the next line of the terminal,

Never mind, I spoke to soon. The computer can't fucking run it. Well at least I have Linux I suppose.

2 hours ago, Deathray said:

I am a Linux user (amd64, Mint 18.2, MATE, Gnome desktop). I don't have XFCE but I peeked at some advice online. I'm not promising anything other than a little time investigating, copying and pasting.

What is your system configuration?

Do the following terminal commands succeed at installing applications?

1. gksu software-center
  2. gksu synaptic

I think I've had a stroke, I can see that individually these words are actual real English words but put them all together and they are making no sense at all.  Also I can only do a half smile and I can't lift my left arm above my head. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Do you have someone with you to get assistance?

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Do you have someone with you to get assistance?

Yes. A partially disabled boyfriend with manflu and a 20 year old bellend daughter that can only communicate via the mediums (media? media?) of Snapchat and Coco Pops.

12 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Yes. A partially disabled boyfriend with manflu and a 20 year old bellend daughter that can only communicate via the mediums (media? media?) of Snapchat and Coco Pops.

I'd say get the paramedics out to check you over. Straight away. Safe than sorry.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, charon said:

A Dundee shower as far as I mind ,is a scoosh under both arms with a stolen can of Linux. I think....

So that's what they call a Glasgow shower in Glasgow!

I under it but I've been up since 1:00am so I would recommend a shotgun. 

Final update. Never buy a fecking Chromebook. Selling it.

• Like 1

To update. I now have a PC that can run minecraft. I am unlikely to post on DL forums for somewhere in the region of two to three months....

5 minutes ago, Deathray said:

To update. I now have a PC that can run minecraft. I am unlikely to post on DL forums for somewhere in the region of two to three months....

I'll wish you a Merry Christmas now then....:D

• Like 2

Ok, so whe know about and worship the Church of Brinsworth House.

We also know about Denville Hall, another place revered by serious Dead pooling aficionados or summat.

The question is, as we know both these places of rest are south of Watford, are there any other similar entertainment venues in the north?

What happens to northern entertainers who have to end their careers in communal TV rooms with audiences of half asleep 92 yr olds?

Does Wales have a place for Tom Jones to retire to?

Will Scotland have a nice communal garden for Salmond to go and spend his last days in?

• Haha 1

Hey any of you happen to have astronomy as a hobby of sorts?  Wondering what a good brand / size / attributes / cost of a telescope I might look for.  I'm out here in west texas and seems a shame I don't take advantage what with being able to see the Milky Way if you drive a few miles to the right location.  

Thanks in advance as always.
SC

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Hey any of you happen to have astronomy as a hobby of sorts?  Wondering what a good brand / size / attributes / cost of a telescope I might look for.  I'm out here in west texas and seems a shame I don't take advantage what with being able to see the Milky Way if you drive a few miles to the right location.  

Thanks in advance as always.
SC

Are you on Twitter? Follow @virtualastro. 

Surprised you need a telescope.....

# stars at night, are big and bright, deep in the heart of Mexas.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1