Godot

Ask A Deathlister

6 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

But, didn't he die before his time? 

That wasn't the question.  But I think you're trolling me now.

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

That wasn't the question.  But I think you're trolling me now.

He's a Scot, its Hogmanay, I suspect:

kUAjvO.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, msc said:

He's a Scot, its Hogmanay, I suspect:

kUAjvO.jpg

How the hell did you get into my kitchen? 

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, msc said:

Well, there is a grim one. Robert Lees was a screenwriter who worked with Abbott and Costello and withstood McCarthy era blacklisting, only to be gruesomely murdered by a spree killer on the verge of his 92nd birthday.

Also that Polish plane crash in 2010 that wiped out the entire government also killed a WW2 resistance leader vet who was in his 90s.

Thx that was What i was Waiting ! If you have some more I’d love :P

This is probably just me, but when unread topics are displayed they are showing in the Expanded form instead of Condensed.

I have clicked the Condensed button, but it's not changing anything.

Anyone else got this?   I've tried in Firefox and Chrome, with the same result.

@Cat O'Falk  any ideas?

18 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Frère Roger was murdered in 2005 at the age of 90 by a mentally ill women. He was the founder of the Taizé Community.

Rudolf Heß (last member of the Nazi Government) commited suicide by hanging at the age of 93 in 1987.

20 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

While not  quite as old,  America actor Victor Kilian was beaten to death in his home by burglars. In a morbid coincidence one of his co-stars in his last television outing was another elderly actor , Charles Wagenheim who was also beaten to death in his home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Kilian

Then there is Erich Loest, German writer who committed suicide by defenestration aged 87 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_Loest

This guy was another who jumped to his death, aged 91

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirko_Ellis

3 hours ago, Toast said:

This is probably just me, but when unread topics are displayed they are showing in the Expanded form instead of Condensed.

I have clicked the Condensed button, but it's not changing anything.

Anyone else got this?   I've tried in Firefox and Chrome, with the same result.

@Cat O'Falk  any ideas?

I've always had it set to expanded and it displays it for a fleeting moment before displaying condensed. I've just toggled it from one to the other but it still displays condensed no matter where it's set. :scratchhead:

Still expanding for me, no matter what I press.

21 minutes ago, Toast said:

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, Toast said:

I been having that issue as well when posting.  However when I come back to the site all my posts look normal.

On 31/12/2019 at 17:01, Lafaucheuse said:

A few more examples of unnatural deaths of people older than 90:

Mario Monicelli, Italian screenwriter, jumped out of a window aged 95 after being hospitalized for cancer

Joe Rollino, bodybuilder who was either 93 or 104, died after being hit by a car

Scott Nearing, activist, refused all food once he turned 100 and died 18 days after

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Death Impends said:

Mario Monicelli, Italian screenwriter, jumped out of a window aged 95 after being hospitalized for cancer

Joe Rollino, bodybuilder who was either 93 or 104, died after being hit by a car

Scott Nearing, activist, refused all food once he turned 100 and died 18 days after

Terminally ill people who die by their own hands are not uncommon. Some practice even in workshops organized by activists like Chris Docker. (Who wrote the useless "Five last acts". He recommends self-starvation & unobtainable drugs).

2 hours ago, Death Impends said:

And I bet you'd have Scott Nearing for the DDP if it was around - exactly the kind of lowbrow, encyclopediac cancer mum knowledge pick that's up an undeserved winner like you's street. Cunstain. Ruining a good deadpool....

Here's another weird thing that's started happening.

If I copy a list from a spreadsheet and paste it into a post, the site treats it as an image. 

It still asks if you want rich text or plain text, but whichever you choose, it posts as an image, not text.

Mary One 1 Edited
Had Two 2 Edited
A Three 3 Edited
Little Four 4 Edited
Lamb Five 5 Edited

@Toast  Re: If I copy a list from a spreadsheet and paste it into a post, the site treats it as an image. 

I just posted the first three columns and then edited in the fourth. No Problems.  :scratchhead:

33 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:
Mary One 1 Edited
Had Two 2 Edited
A Three 3 Edited
Little Four 4 Edited
Lamb Five 5 Edited

@Toast  Re: If I copy a list from a spreadsheet and paste it into a post, the site treats it as an image. 

I just posted the first three columns and then edited in the fourth. No Problems.  :scratchhead:

Example here:

Windows 10, Firefox.

That happens for me too if I copy directly from Excel to the forum. What I do is copy and paste the spreadsheet section to Word, and then copy and paste it from there to the forum. Sometimes I use the "Keep Text Only" option if it's only one column that I'd rather not have display as a table.

38 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

That happens for me too if I copy directly from Excel to the forum. What I do is copy and paste the spreadsheet section to Word, and then copy and paste it from there to the forum. Sometimes I use the "Keep Text Only" option if it's only one column that I'd rather not have display as a table.

Glad it's not just me.  It's a new quirk though, has only started happening in the last couple of weeks.

BIB, that's what I've been doing.  I just left that last one as an example to demonstrate the issue.

And I still can't get the list of unread posts to display in condensed form.  That's recent too.

16 hours ago, Toast said:

Here's another weird thing that's started happening.

If I copy a list from a spreadsheet and paste it into a post, the site treats it as an image. 

It still asks if you want rich text or plain text, but whichever you choose, it posts as an image, not text.

This should solve the problem:

Cells Copied From a Spreadsheet Get Converted into an Image - Workaround

How to Customize Numbers Format on Windows 10

I've not tried it as I'm on Windows 8.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Cat, I'll try that.

Doesn't seem to have worked, unfortunately.  Says it's a Firefox bug, so it may get sorted out.

Another question. 

Is there any option to add or change the post reactions?  'Thank You' is useful, and the like and laugh get used a lot.  I don't have much occasion to use the others but a OMG!  one and a FFS-type eyeroll would probably get more use, if such are available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Another question. 

Is there any option to add or change the post reactions?  'Thank You' is useful, and the like and laugh get used a lot.  I don't have much occasion to use the others but a OMG!  one and a FFS-type eyeroll would probably get more use, if such are available.

I have the power to add reactions so could look for a couple useful new ones over the weekend.

• Thanks 2

I wonder why so many Americans die of cancer, since it's so easy to buy a gun in this country. Does this disease progress so quickly towards the end, or does the last phase come so surprisingly that it's no longer possible to react? I can't believe that people prefer an agonizing death, if they have a choice.

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

I wonder why so many Americans die of cancer, since it's so easy to buy a gun in this country. Does this disease progress so quickly towards the end, or does the last phase come so surprisingly that it's no longer possible to react? I can't believe that people prefer an agonizing death, if they have a choice.

I see what you’re doing, trying to paint us Americans as big dummies.  
Everyone knows you’d LEASE the gun.

• Haha 1