Godot

Ask A Deathlister

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Just wanted to know : who was the most heartbreaking hit ever for you ?

Do you mean on the DL list, or something like your DDP team?

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

Do you mean on the DL list, or something like your DDP team?

On the dl list !

29 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

On the dl list !

Oh.  I don't think there have been any whose demise I've found actually heartbreaking. 

Quite a few I was sorry to see go, but mostly they had lived long lives, or death was a merciful release. 

Anyone know anything about birds? Specifically when I can get the noisy cunts moved out of my attic? I’ve googled but am still not clear on the rules. I’m laid here in bed and they are running round above my head like a herd of buffalo. 

15 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Anyone know anything about birds? Specifically when I can get the noisy cunts moved out of my attic? I’ve googled but am still not clear on the rules. I’m laid here in bed and they are running round above my head like a herd of buffalo. 

You have cats FFS!!

Stop feeding the cunts smoked salmon and make them earn their fucking keep!

7 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You have cats FFS!!

Stop feeding the cunts smoked salmon and make them earn their fucking keep!

The birds are in the roof but the cats are old and don’t move anywhere let alone up a roof. The lazy wankers sleep on the fucking dining table all day long and only move to shit and eat.  A somewhat familiar routine in our house, I must admit. 

I'm trying to find the Zorders meltdown when Phantom swatted him away like a fly.

It was, like, pages long.

It was hysterical (to me) and I could do with a laugh now but I am fucked if I can find it.

Help!

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I'm trying to find the Zorders meltdown when Phantom swatted him away like a fly.

It was hysterical (to me) and I could do with a laugh now but I am fucked if I can find it.

Help!

I think the majority of it got deleted.

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Help!

It went on for like 6 months, you need to be more specific!

There's the time he got upset at the oxymoron and it went on for a bit.

There's also the time in February 2016 which led to this putdown about Milton Keynes teens which was class:

The time he told Phantom to kill himself was here. Well, one of them.

But for all I know you could be talking about yet another one of his hissy fits. There were a lot of them.

Also, imagine having a problem with Phantom, FFS. He's like the least offensive chap on the entire forum. That's like being chased off the forum because Toast teased you. Oh wait, that happened in 2016 too...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, msc said:

But for all I know you could be talking about yet another one of his hissy fits. There were a lot of them.

Also, imagine having a problem with Phantom, FFS. He's like the least offensive chap on the entire forum. That's like being chased off the forum because Toast teased you. Oh wait, that happened in 2016 too...

'Kill Yourself' was 

Thanks for the help people.

Yes, unfortunately, much of his rants have been deleted just leaving the odd text being quoted by others.

I find this bone crushingly sad that one of the most open, or so I used to think, forums have people running it who think it is a good idea to try and erase history and pretend it never happened.

It is happening in the real world too and it is beyond ridiculous.

Fucking hell! :angry:

On 04/05/2020 at 23:10, Lard Bazaar said:

Wait until mating season is over and then they will have vacated the next. You then find out where the holes are and cover them up.

Don't need to tell me, my General Tetchy Thread didn't survive 20 minutes. I was quite tetchy about it tbh.

There was also a time last year when some big name died and everyone was making pun jokes about it then Paul woke up and deleted it all as spam! Franco Zeffirelli iirc. All a bit fun police imo.

8 minutes ago, msc said:

Don't need to tell me, my General Tetchy Thread didn't survive 20 minutes. I was quite tetchy about it tbh.

There was also a time last year when some big name died and everyone was making pun jokes about it then Paul woke up and deleted it all as spam! Franco Zeffirelli iirc. All a bit fun police imo.

It reminds me of that lady in that Spanish Chapel who decided to 'clean up' that 19th century fresco of Christ and absolutely destroyed it.

Too much tinkering, banning, deleting, sanitising is going to utterly ruin this place, and it's already heading down the 'fucked forum frequented by too much dross' route.

As a point of fact, it was me who drew PBs attention to Zorders request that Phantom do unmentionable things to his kids on a particularly vile post.

He was thrown off because of me, basically.

His perma ban was inevitable and, honestly, it was justified.

That is just to clarify that I don't think that anything should go, you have to draw a line somewhere.

Thing is, Deathsperm was fucking harmless, you ban him every so often for a few weeks and he returns with a degree of normality about him.

You don't ban the kid for all time just because some of the complaints are from members that make mogadon look like a particularly strong amphetamine.

The rubbing out of the past because it is unsavoury is crazy and, in a societal sense, dangerous and unhealthy.

Anyway, I am writing even more garbled bollocks than I normally do but you get the gist, hopefully.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

It reminds me of that lady in that Spanish Chapel who decided to 'clean up' that 19th century fresco of Christ and absolutely destroyed it.

Too much tinkering, banning, deleting, sanitising is going to utterly ruin this place, and it's already heading down the 'fucked forum frequented by too much dross' route.

As a point of fact, it was me who drew PBs attention to Zorders request that Phantom do unmentionable things to his kids on a particularly vile post.

He was thrown off because of me, basically.

His perma ban was inevitable and, honestly, it was justified.

That is just to clarify that I don't think that anything should go, you have to draw a line somewhere.

Thing is, Deathsperm was fucking harmless, you ban him every so often for a few weeks and he returns with a degree of normality about him.

You don't ban the kid for all time just because some of the complaints are from members that make mogadon look like a particularly strong amphetamine.

The rubbing out of the past because it is unsavoury is crazy and, in a societal sense, dangerous and unhealthy.

Anyway, I am writing even more garbled bollocks than I normally do but you get the gist, hopefully.

Also people should have to deal and live with the consequences of their posts. Who knows if Zorders in a few years came back and viewed these forums and saw some of the things he was writing maybe he might of apologised and realise how awful some of the things he said were. Especially the comment in bold! After apologising if he requested it to be removed then I have no issue.

3 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Also people should have to deal and live with the consequences of their posts. Who knows if Zorders in a few years came back and viewed these forums and saw some of the things he was writing maybe he might of apologised and realise how awful some of the things he said were. Especially the comment in bold! After apologising if he requested it to be removed then I have no issue.

Oh, I suspect he is a frequent, non participating, visitor anyway.

Or.....he could quite possibly by one of the newer members on here who have joined up in the last few years, and he wouldn't be the only one.

It's not like he hasn't tried before, is it.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree that offending posts should be left to stand, for reasons already given.

Also as a demonstration of what is deemed unacceptable.

Plus it stands as an answer to people who wonder "Why did X get banned, I didn't think s/he said anything that bad".

(This is mainly a criticism of other forums.  Not much gets nuked here.)

• Like 2

I’m limiting this question to Scots DLers.

I'm looking for confirmation or a disavowing of the following ‘review’ I found re: HP Sauce.  I don’t want this guy speaking on behalf of all of Scotland (as he avers).

”Being Scottish I grew up having porridge (oatmeal) every morning. We even added a dollop or two [of HP] to our hot porridge, then stirred it all up. Now THAT'LL get you going on a cold, frosty morning. (But then again, we Scots like to put salt in our porridge ... much to the shock of our American cousins when they come visit! Hoot, mon!”

The fuck?  Just cuz HP and Hot Porridge have the same initials.... so does Horse Pucky.

Step forward, Scotty.  

Is anyone else having issues with Wikipedia not updating after the latest iOS update?

I’m not having any issues. Maybe it’s a device thing? 

I wonder if any of the members here are celebrities themselves, lol?

15 minutes ago, markb4 said:

I wonder if any of the members here are celebrities themselves, lol?

Well, it depends what you mean by 'celebrity'.

We do have one published author, scriptwriter, journalist etc on here......and one old bird that was on Countdown but did not win.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well, it depends what you mean by 'celebrity'.

We do have one published author, scriptwriter, journalist etc on here......and one old bird that was on Countdown but did not win.

There's a user on here who used to write professional obituaries isn't there? 

35 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

There's a user on here who used to write professional obituaries isn't there? 

I think so.

Looking back at this, I think I need a history lesson on Zorders. So he was like a Trump supporter with ego trip? Dont get the deal of why he's so widely talked about to this day even though he was banned nearly 4 years ago.