Godot

Ask A Deathlister

Need help with another film title.  A comedy horror about a couple of hillbillies whom, I think, own a country shed.  A group of teenagers are in the area and jump to the wrong conclusion about the hillbillies trying to kill them.  Turns out they try to kill them (?) but only end up killing themselves.  Alan Tudyk (Harry in resident alien) is one of the hillbillies.  

Help? 

19 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Need help with another film title.  A comedy horror about a couple of hillbillies whom, I think, own a country shed.  A group of teenagers are in the area and jump to the wrong conclusion about the hillbillies trying to kill them.  Turns out they try to kill them (?) but only end up killing themselves.  Alan Tudyk (Harry in resident alien) is one of the hillbillies.  

Help? 

Tucker And Dale Vs Evil.

Anyone would be interested in sharing my personnal list of more than 300 names ? I can put it on a Google drive so everyone can add an update it :) 

088B2272-0DD4-4FF9-BB09-4903B591CF7C.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Anyone would be interested in sharing my personnal list of more than 300 names ? I can put it on a Google drive so everyone can add an update it :) 

088B2272-0DD4-4FF9-BB09-4903B591CF7C.jpeg

Vitti and White are dead.

14 minutes ago, TQR said:

Vitti and White are dead.

Yeah I’m just updating it I’ve haven’t Done in it in like… a yeah ! 

On 02/03/2022 at 20:41, Handrejka said:

A bit of both. I know some overlap is bound to happen on a small island without a huge amount of shops and that's fine. One example is that she never used to wear red, it's a colour I wear quite a lot and now when we meet up she is almost always in red. She even bought us matching sunglasses,  gave me a blue pair (a colour I do not wear and she does) and kept the red pair for herself. 

Today she gave me a headband, added that she bought one for herself as well and we should wear them together when we next to out.

I know it's not that big a deal, but something similar happened to me at university and that ended up escalating to other stuff so I am on my guard a bit.

She has now bought us matching ponchos!

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

If you turn 100 this week, do you still get a card from the Queen? :ghost5:

1 hour ago, Windsor said:

Only if there's a clerical error, so I doubt it.

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Only if there's a clerical error, so I doubt it.

What I mean is they surely didn't have a stack of them with the King on them. Therefore there must be some centenarians recieved a message from the dead Queen, or got no message at all. 

17 minutes ago, Windsor said:

What I mean is they surely didn't have a stack of them with the King on them. Therefore there must be some centenarians recieved a message from the dead Queen, or got no message at all. 

Oh, I see what you mean.  So I guess it depends on how many had been signed and ready to go.

Someone must be keeping tabs on how many 100th birthdays are in the pipeline.  I wonder how many get signed at once in a batch.

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oh, I see what you mean.  So I guess it depends on how many had been signed and ready to go.

Someone must be keeping tabs on how many 100th birthdays are in the pipeline.  I wonder how many get signed at once in a batch.

Autopen...

Ok, who knows who this ' well known' celebrity paedo, who is about to be outed, is?

• Confused 1

On 21/09/2022 at 17:34, Windsor said:

Coincidentally, I met a couple celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary a few days after you posted this.

I asked, no card!

• Shocked 1

is there any chance that an Android/IOS application will be created someday ? It would be way more convenient and interesting to have notification straight on my phone.

I am gathering some more names to be put down for consideration by me, in anticipation of the coming year. I have tried some searches for somebody I recall being mentioned on the forum last year, whose name has escaped me, to no avail. 

From what I can remember, they are/were a French politician born in circa 1920-1925 who seemed to be in rather good health for their age, and still politically active at the time of the mention. I also recall them not having an English Wikipedia page, largely why I did not note them down at the time, because my French is a tad rusty. That, and they probably won't Obit in Britain. 

Any help in uncovering their identity shall be appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

I am gathering some more names to be put down for consideration by me, in anticipation of the coming year. I have tried some searches for somebody I recall being mentioned on the forum last year, whose name has escaped me, to no avail. 

From what I can remember, they are/were a French politician born in circa 1920-1925 who seemed to be in rather good health for their age, and still politically active at the time of the mention. I also recall them not having an  English Wikipedia page, largely why I did not note them down at the time, because my French is a tad rusty. That, and they probably won't Obit in Britain. 

Any help in uncovering their identity shall be appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

Could it have been Marcel Berthomé, longtime Mayor of Saint-Seurin-sur-l'Isle? Fits all the criteria, was mentioned in the 100 Club around July 2021.. Here's Berthomé in April:

berthome.thumb.jpg.c941f9a62ef9bada7c81246e4411d472.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arghton said:

Could it have been Marcel Berthomé, longtime Mayor of Saint-Seurin-sur-l'Isle? Fits all the criteria, was mentioned in the 100 Club around July 2021.. Here's Berthomé in April:

berthome.thumb.jpg.c941f9a62ef9bada7c81246e4411d472.jpg

I've had a look at the posts surrounding his mention, and it does seem to be, thank you very much. 

• Like 1

In my "history of fashion class", I have a memoire to do this year around the theme of "the art and the manieres of grieving" and I'm a bit stuck in choosing a subject. Does anyone have an idea of an interesting subject on which there is some articles and universitarian works ? I was thinking of "the royal tradition of mourning in the XXth century" or "the victorian way of mourning" but I'm not sure about it… 

anyway, as a deathlister, my supervisor could not have found a better topic for me, I'm thrilled about it hence my need to find the perfect subject !

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

In my "history of fashion class", I have a memoire to do this year around the theme of "the art and the manieres of grieving" and I'm a bit stuck in choosing a subject. Does anyone have an idea of an interesting subject on which there is some articles and universitarian works ? I was thinking of "the royal tradition of mourning in the XXth century" or "the victorian way of mourning" but I'm not sure about it… 

anyway, as a deathlister, my supervisor could not have found a better topic for me, I'm thrilled about it hence my need to find the perfect subject !

Definitely Victorian mourning customs!  They went to some extremes including taking photos of their dead as if they were still alive.  :wacko:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36389581

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I'm with the post  above - the Victorians created a plethora of visual and elaborate activities around death, much of which is easily Googled nowadays - there's also a substantial amount of literature on the dark undercurrents of the age - notably stuff on seances. Their literature was fond of elaborate ghost stories with the top talent (Dickens etc.) willing to wade in. If we're thinking in academic terms the gift here is that much of the rituals and trappings they created has a sense of agency (i.e. a country presuming to mark its own achievements in its own way and bringing the right behaviours into being along with fashions, and accompanying fancy work. Start by asking a goth (assuming you can catch one out and about in daylght!)

• Like 1

This is one of those questions it's impossible to google, but I'm hoping someone British and between the ages of 40-60 will have the answer somewhere at the back of the brain.

What product did "We Do It" by R&J Stone advertise in the late 80s/early 90s? It might have been an altered lyrics version or it might have been the original, I can't remember. Part of me thinks it was a delivery company? DHL or something? I may be miles off on that though.

14 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

This is one of those questions it's impossible to google, but I'm hoping someone British and between the ages of 40-60 will have the answer somewhere at the back of the brain.

What product did "We Do It" by R&J Stone advertise in the late 80s/early 90s? It might have been an altered lyrics version or it might have been the original, I can't remember. Part of me thinks it was a delivery company? DHL or something? I may be miles off on that though.

• Like 1

It wasn't that advert in particular, but I think you're right it was Do It All.

Facebook ads is pushing v i a g r a  and pile cream onto my feed.

Is this as a result of entering the targeted age bracket, or have they been snooping in my internet search history? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1