Godot

Ask A Deathlister

Did that shit Yewtree thread get pulled?

Sadly no. I wish it did close though.

How many Presidents have been sworn in with less votes gained than their rival?

A few :) , that's not how it works.

How many English PMs got elected with 20 votes North of the Wall?

You hear me complaining?

Lol.

• Like 1

In recent times, only George W Bush who lost the popular vote to Al Gore and the margin was a lot smaller than Trump/Clinton. You have to go back over 100 years to the previous ones.

In recent times, only George W Bush who lost the popular vote to Al Gore and the margin was a lot smaller than Trump/Clinton. You have to go back over 100 years to the previous ones.

Ok so it has happened before.

Say no more.

Anyone able to help with division by zero? Does it equal infinity (as Google calculator suggests) or 0?

No. It is indeterminate. Example: 6 / 2 = 3. Then working back 3 x 2 =6. 6/0 = ?. But ? x 0 = 0. Any number multiplied by zero is zero so you can't work back therefore it's indeterminate.

The limit (right or left) of a positive number divided for a positive zero (or 0+) is positive infinity. The limit of a positive number divided for negative zero (0-) is a negative infinite. Anyway it's not and indetermination form as the function does not exist in the point you are considering (discontinuity on R) but you can still calculate left/right limits which don't require the function's existence in that point. 0/0, inifinity/infinity, inifinity*0, 1^infinity, inifinity less/plus infinity are forms of indetermination that remain even after the partial aritmetization of inifinity simble.

Anyone able to help with division by zero? Does it equal infinity (as Google calculator suggests) or 0?

No. It is indeterminate. Example: 6 / 2 = 3. Then working back 3 x 2 =6. 6/0 = ?. But ? x 0 = 0. Any number multiplied by zero is zero so you can't work back therefore it's indeterminate.

The limit (right or left) of a positive number divided for a positive zero (or 0+) is positive infinity. The limit of a positive number divided for negative zero (0-) is a negative infinite. Anyway it's not and indetermination form as the function does not exist in the point you are considering (discontinuity on R) but you can still calculate left/right limits which don't require the function's existence in that point. 0/0, inifinity/infinity, inifinity*0, 1^infinity, inifinity less/plus infinity are forms of indetermination that remain even after the partial aritmetization of inifinity simble.

I would enjoy it if our new friend bladon would weigh in on this.

• Like 1

That's what I said.

That's what I said.

It's not indeterminate. Simply it does not exist. Limits tending to it may exist because they don't need the function's existence in a point, but 6/0 is not an indecision form.

1)It does not exist on Real Numbers (may be a second grade discontinuity)

2)his right/left limit exist and are infinity

0/0 is indeterminate cause it can generate every number; 6/0 can not generate anything. That's why limits were invented.

More spam in the post from the British Legion. This time it's the Poppy Appeal Raffle.

First prize is an Alfa Romeo OR a new kitchen OR £15,000.

They want to know which prize I want if I win: I have to put the appropriate sticker on the envelope.

My questions are

Why do they need to know now?

Could there be a tactical advantage in selecting a particular prize and if so, which?

More spam in the post from the British Legion. This time it's the Poppy Appeal Raffle.

They want to know which prize I want if I win: I have to put the appropriate sticker on the envelope.

My questions are

Could there be a tactical advantage in selecting a particular prize and if so, which?

The Kitchen will be the cheapest, the money the second and the Alfa the most expensive so, theoretically, they will go for the kitchen wanabee.

Send a bullet in the pre reply envelope :)

You won't diminish your chance of winning, and it'll annoy the cunts .

• Like 1

Send a bullet in the pre reply envelope :)

You won't diminish your chance of winning, and it'll annoy the cunts .

You wrong'un!!! :D

• Like 1

My questions are

The Kitchen will be the cheapest, the money the second and the Alfa the most expensive so, theoretically, they will go for the kitchen wanabee.

Good thinking.

• Like 1

The thalidomide generation.

How did they wipe their arses?

Can somenone explain the Roey Juss joke for me. I don't get it. I thought about created a thread for deathlist in-jokes you don't get but didn't think it was worth it. However, it's been bugging me so please explain.

• Like 1

It all started with Spade, when my posts were super shit. (I say my posting has improved, but some will definitely still call it shit...)

It all started with Spade, when my posts were super shit. (I say my posting has improved, but some will definitely still call it shit...)

I still don't get it. Is Roey Juss slang for something I don't understand? Did you transpose letters often in your posts or something? Why Roey Juss as opposed to Our Jessy for example?

I assumed giving his username the Spooner treatment was the easiest way to make it sound goofy.

I assumed giving his username the Spooner treatment was the easiest way to make it sound goofy.

Ah got you. I thought I was missing out on some interesting slang.

• Like 1

The joke would have worked better for Korbid Mid, but the timing has long since gone...

When Joey showed up last year, there seemed to be the widespread belief he was a Zorders type or even Zorders himself. Then Caisson showed up, a disguise so flimsy even I saw through it.

• Like 2

I think it's also got the Roey just - as in give up - angle...

The joke would have worked better for Korbid Mid, but the timing has long since gone...

When Joey showed up last year, there seemed to be the widespread belief he was a Zorders type or even Zorders himself. Then Caisson showed up, a disguise so flimsy even I saw through it.

It was friending those 5 people immediately that gave it away for me, and who he friended.

If his name had to be misspelt it could be based off one of his "typos". Like spelling it Morbidquidd ala Luke Halquinn. :P

• Like 2