Godot

Ask A Deathlister

I have refrained from entering most dead-pools in my short time here, so I am not aware of the many that exist.

Is there any kind of master-list that has been created listing all those offered on this site?

It would be an added benefit if this list tracked entry dates...

• Like 1

Question: I have been watching since 2018 and joined 2022 and recently started playing, in this time i have not noticed the time the committee announces the new year list or on what standard time they go by. Is there a certain time that they usually try to post it up? 

think grim reaper just exposed the answer, once they all have a thread already lol 32: duvall?

3 minutes ago, Khthonia said:

Question: I have been watching since 2018 and joined 2022 and recently started playing, in this time i have not noticed the time the committee announces the new year list or on what standard time they go by. Is there a certain time that they usually try to post it up? 

00:00 GMT, I think, as this deathlist is a British concept.

4 minutes ago, Khthonia said:

It usually goes up around midnight give or take.

then the new threads are spoilers haha

Sorry for double post but until I read earlier from a new persons post I WOULDNT have found it. I do personally think this thread should be pinned for new members to find it and see it and not start a thread to ask questions which a lot of us new people have done after joining.

how can you do to mask your signature unless you click on the "reveal hidden content" button

3 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

how can you do to mask your signature unless you click on the "reveal hidden content" button

There should be an icon to add ‘spoiler tags’. It only comes up on PC though, not your phone.

Smart meter.

Being practically an Aberdonian it’s a well known fact that my kind are tightwad, cheapskate bastards and as such watching my smart meter is a hobby.

I have it set to show what I use per day on gas and electric, watching it accumulate. Being on my holibobs over Christmas I’ve been staying up late (yay) and I’ve noticed that at midnight the total amount changes, before the smart meter goes blank. 

The good news (hopefully) is that the amount usually drops. Tonight it dropped from £7-70ish to £4-80ish. 

Can any smart meter expert tell me what I’m paying and why it does this?

The other thing that bothers me is it tells me I’m over my weekly budget when a) I didn’t set a budget and b) it still comes in at less than my monthly tariff.

Would it generally be safe just to conclude that smareters are utter bollocks? 

I mean I don't control the smart meter in the house but since my dad has been taking more notice of what we spend (before midnight/he goes to bed he writes how much is spent in a notebook), he realised that there was some kind of error with the device. I think it's fixed now. For a house with 3 people in it (when nobody is over for Xmas etc). We usually spend £10 a day on average - sometimes less if dishwasher or washing machine hasn't been on.

1 hour ago, Windsor said:

Smart meter.

Being practically an Aberdonian it’s a well known fact that my kind are tightwad, cheapskate bastards and as such watching my smart meter is a hobby.

I have it set to show what I use per day on gas and electric, watching it accumulate. Being on my holibobs over Christmas I’ve been staying up late (yay) and I’ve noticed that at midnight the total amount changes, before the smart meter goes blank. 

The good news (hopefully) is that the amount usually drops. Tonight it dropped from £7-70ish to £4-80ish. 

Can any smart meter expert tell me what I’m paying and why it does this?

The other thing that bothers me is it tells me I’m over my weekly budget when a) I didn’t set a budget and b) it still comes in at less than my monthly tariff.

Would it generally be safe just to conclude that smareters are utter bollocks? 

Sounds like Economy 7 tariff.  Cheaper rate through the night, usually midnight to 7am although that can vary a bit.  Good if you have night storage heaters.

Anyone got any new news on this man? Gary Busey

Anyone got any new news on this man? Gary Busey

He’s still alive. 

• Like 1

Twitter notifications.  I still haven't got the hang of this.

When you get a notification that someone has replied to your post, or liked a post in a thread you have posted in, how do you find the actual thread? 

I don't always remember the context, but trying to get back to the original thread just sends me round in circles.

How is everyone feeling about this Wikipedia update? It's unbelievably ugly, I hate all this wasted white space.

Is there any way of changing it back to the original skin?

Edit: Logging in gives you an option of switching it back to the old one, phew.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

How is everyone feeling about this Wikipedia update? It's unbelievably ugly, I hate all this wasted white space.

I don't like it either, but no doubt I'll get used to it, like every other website which changes format for no obvious reason (and to no benefit of the user).

1 hour ago, Perhaps said:

Edit: Logging in gives you an option of switching it back to the old one, phew.

Whenever I see changes like this, I presume it's to benefit phone viewing of internet sites at the expense of desktop viewing. Inferior to how it was, but not as bad as left-justified Google search engine queries, where more than half the desktop page is white.  

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the correct thread but was just wondering how I could get more involved with this site such as helping in an administrative capacity. I have been a joined up member since May 2018 and I am totally hooked and plan to stay on here for a very long time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/04/2023 at 20:38, Steve said:

Not sure if this is the correct thread but was just wondering how I could get more involved with this site such as helping in an administrative capacity. I have been a joined up member since May 2018 and I am totally hooked and plan to stay on here for a very long time. 

The best way of establishing yourself is to play in the games and if you have got a good novel idea for a game run one yourself. It will allow you to demonstrate your passion, commitment and all round reliability. There have been a few fly by nights who come in, suggest a game, people send in teams and then no updates ever. don't be that person

The main Deathlist Committee and the mod positions are by invitation from the secret cabal that control the site and mere mortals are rarely elevated to their ranks

• Like 1

On 14/04/2023 at 20:38, Steve said:

You don’t want to do that. The initiation ceremony to become one of them would make even David Cameron and his pig-fucking chums wince.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is my shadowlist below my posts accurate? Haven’t bothered to update it in a while.

50 minutes ago, TheDumbReaper said:

Is my shadowlist below my posts accurate? Haven’t bothered to update it in a while.

I couldn’t care less about everyone’s personal lists, (news flash no one does) so I’ve blocked signatures.  
SC

2 hours ago, TheDumbReaper said:

Belafonte needs updating.

Can someone please point me to the youtuber thread, I am struggling to find its name or a key word.

Can someone please point me to the youtuber thread, I am struggling to find its name or a key word.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1