Sign in to follow this  
Banshees Scream

Jack Ramsay

He ranks second on the all - time NBA wins list and is one of the most respected coaches in the game. He has had cancer for some time and it has spread throughout his body. I think he qualifies for a prime candidate.

He is on my 2007 DDP and CPDP lists and a possible candidate for my 2008 DDP list as well. The latest I heard was that he had an operation to remove cancerous growth from his lungs about 6 months ago. I have not seen anymore news about him since then.

Probably the only decent suggestion out of all your new and pointless threads but, still, not really famous from a UK perspective and I'm not entirely certain that he'd get a UK obit. He's on my CPDP, but only because I'm fairly sure he'll get a CNN or NYT obit. He's on my DDP 08, but I acknowledge the risk anyhow.

Ahh..... there's our answer. Yes he will get a UK obit....

http://sports.yahoo....55771--nba.html

(Wait. Oops. Google told me that was Yahoo Eurosport UK News but it's not.)

The only chances of getting one here are the Mail I think.... possibly the BBC website too.

Even without a full obit writeup I suspect he will get a mention for a sentence or two when The Blazers win their series as Daily Mail sorta has a section that covers basketball.