Grim Reaper

Elizabeth Edwards

Word is that they're talking weeks rather than months. If she makes it to January 1st, a stonewaller for 2011.

Definitely gonna get reported in the broadsheets so I don't see DDP problems. It's that time of year again when the shoo-ins start to identify themselves.

Grim news - once it's in the liver the game's over. Only a matter of time, and question being how high up the HPDP team she needs to be placed. Late stage liver cancer will kill inside of two months - I think she has had all the right treatment and will go beyond this timescale - maybe two fold or three fold beyond it. I think she is fairly strong willed about all this and I'm sure that she will not be the first major death of 2011.

7th March 2011.

Guest msc
Grim news - once it's in the liver the games over. Only a matter of time, and question being how high up the HPDP team she needs to be placed. Late stage liver cancer will kill inside of two months - I think she has had all the right treatment and will go beyond this timescale - maybe two fold or three fold beyond it. I think she is fairly strong willed about all this and I'm sure that she will not be the first major death of 2011.

7th March 2011.

A few hours in fact, instead of the new year.

All over the news here. Damned woman couldn't hold on for three more weeks?

Daily Mail report, for the 3,753 DDP teams interested.

Well, well. That was a flash in a pan! My next question is was she "helped out" with a dose of Diamorphine?

Bloody hell. That was quick.

Is it wrong that I'm gutted she couldn't hang on another for a few more weeks...

Is it wrong that I'm gutted she couldn't hang on another for a few more weeks...

Not wrong, but illogical since every DDP player with a shout of winning would have had her. The debate would have been whether to make her your joker. But now that's all academic. Had she survived, including her in your team would not have won you the DDP but not including her would have left you needing to make ground on those who did. This is probably the most literal definition of a dead certainty.

Not wrong, but illogical since every DDP player with a shout of winning would have had her. The debate would have been whether to make her your joker. But now that's all academic. Had she survived, including her in your team would not have won you the DDP but not including her would have left you needing to make ground on those who did. This is probably the most literal definition of a dead certainty.

Good point, I just saw at as easy points to start with, need to work my replacement now...Edrich or Frankin...decisions, decisions...

Guest msc

Good point, I just saw at as easy points to start with, need to work my replacement now...Edrich or Frankin...decisions, decisions...

James Moody has inoperable pancreatic cancer and isn't getting chemo for it. He's also be nominated for a Grammy in February, so he should get an obit. Should he lived past December 31st, I'd assume he'd be lock for most people.

James Moody has inoperable pancreatic cancer and isn't getting chemo for it. He's also be nominated for a Grammy in February, so he should get an obit. Should he lived past December 31st, I'd assume he'd be lock for most people.

I am forever in your debt Mr. Guest...unless he doesn't die of course, in which case you'll have to do with my eternal gratitude and disdain.

I am forever in your debt Mr. Guest...unless he doesn't die of course, in which case you'll have to do with my eternal gratitude and disdain.

Oh dear. :angry2:

Why do all these terminally ill people keep dying?

They don't...

they only do it the once :angry2:

Guest msc
Why do all these terminally ill people keep dying?

They don't...

they only do it the once :angry2:

There are people dying these days who have never died before in their lives.

(On the going rate of this thread, I'd be feared to mention any other DDP candidates - they'd be dead by Sunday!)

Oh dear. :angry2:

How very strange...well maybe if I say I'm going to put Mick Hucknall in my DDP, it might happen a third time, I live in hope...

Her funeral is today and apparently the Westboro Baptist Church, that bastion of sanity and propriety, is going to protest her funeral. Their basis for doing so is:

1. She said bad things about gawd when her son died.

2. She used fertility treatments to have a child.

3. Her husband's adultery.

CNN showed where they were granted a protest permit. Quarter mile down the street and behind a dumpster. Maybe someone will throw them in it.