Grim Reaper

Charles Taylor

Scrapping the Bottom of a Barrel I think. But a good choice to throw this nasty piece of **** in the mix. Needs to be thrown somewhere without a dought! Only one problem could be if he is faking it like so many despots wanting out of clink for for his own easy ride.

Aye, CT let me down badly on my first CPDP team. But I applaud the bravery of the pick.

Aye, CT let me down badly on my first CPDP team. But I applaud the bravery of the pick.

Yes, this year DL-wise will definately be one more interesting than '07.

So you think he could go the way of Saddam Hussein, is that the rationale for this choice?

So you think he could go the way of Saddam Hussein, is that the rationale for this choice?

The UN don't tend to hang people, so no. And the trial according to FF's link (above) is expected to last 18 months. I can't see the Hague gaolers allowing another Milosevic incident, so in terms of the chances of Taylor expiring before 2009, this is not a brave choice. It is so unlikely as to be utterly beyond the Clive.

However, there will be a certain circus-style amusement as we receive accounts of the regular health problems that will serve to prolong his trial even further. I say we have three 'collapses in the dock' incidents in 2008. Any advance?

Should be Liberian ex-president.

Or has he had his nationality revoked?

:)

Should be Liberian ex-president.

Or has he had his nationality revoked?

:)

Mr Potato, I see your point but disagree.

Is Mrs Thatcher the "former British Prime Minister" or the "British former Prime Minister"? maybe there should be some hyphens in there, but clearly the first one is correct (in my book anyway) - therefore I believe CT is correctly reported as Liberian ex-President - likewise with Ariel Sharon.

... I believe CT is correctly reported as Liberian ex-President - likewise with Ariel Sharon.

Ariel Sharon was the President of Liberia too? Busy boy...

Should be Liberian ex-president.....

Mr Potato, I see your point but disagree.

Is Mrs Thatcher the "former British Prime Minister" or the "British former Prime Minister"? maybe there should be some hyphens in there, but clearly the first one is correct (in my book anyway) - therefore I believe CT is correctly reported as Liberian ex-President - likewise with Ariel Sharon.

That's what I said.

Mrs Thatcher is a former Prime-Minister of Britain.

Among other things.

And anyway, you have replaced "ex" with "former".

Try replacing it with "formerly" and see how it sounds.

:rolleyes:

2008 inductee Charles Taylor's not particularly unwell, but he is now a convicted war criminal.

Jusu Jarkar, whose arms were hacked off by rebels during the war, said: "This is a happy day. I have not been able to do many things because my arms were cut off, but today I am happy."

Guest Guest

Lets hope th e bastard gets the death penalty!

Lets hope th e bastard gets the death penalty!

Someone may not have a sound grasp of the workings of the International War Crimes Court

He may get a very stern talking to :angry:

Just been given 50 years. (Backdated 5) I wonder if we should add him into the captive prey thread.

Edited by Paul Bearer
To insert the link

Where he serves his sentence will be a significant factor when determining whether he is a viable candidate for future years. If he serves it in The Hague or even the UK I think that he will last a fair while but he might want to serve it close to his people in Africa (shoe in for 2013).

How does this work, whose decision is it?

Where he serves his sentence will be a significant factor when determining whether he is a viable candidate for future years. If he serves it in The Hague or even the UK I think that he will last a fair while but he might want to serve it close to his people in Africa (shoe in for 2013).

The BBC says he will serve it in the UK, because the government that was in power when he was arrested wanted this way or something. Although I have no exact link, I just heard it this morning.

The BBC News website has the answer:

The Netherlands only agreed to host his trial as long as he was imprisoned in another country if he was convicted.

In June that year, the UK government offered to house Taylor in a British jail if he was convicted.

regards,

Hein

(The unlikely event of) freedom might be the most dangerous development for him...bring it on, sometime in the final days of 2012!

Guest Guest

sorry that should say Moses Blah.Got my bibliccal rferences mixed up