Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

Ama Sumani, would probably be a DDP scorer in 2009, if - by any miracle - he lives that long.

she

Oops, I was looking at the picture when I typed the word 'he'.....erm, on second thoughts I'll stop digging when I'm already in the hole, eh?

Ama Sumani it ain't going too well for the poor lass out there. Think her presence on anyone's 2009 list would be a right result as things stand.

Ama Sumani it ain't going too well for the poor lass out there. Think her presence on anyone's 2009 list would be a right result as things stand.

That's if she makes it... :old:

José Saramago, 85, internationally acclaimed Portugese author, who won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1998, has been hospitalised with respiratory problems. One to keep an eye on. :old:

Guest Ben

Seems like this is mostly suggestions for future picks. Is this the right place to make a suggestion to improve the site? I just thought an extra column would be helpful, citing the order in which they died in 2008.

Example:

Our latest "winner" was ranked 27, but died 1st. Add a column to show he was the first to go in 2008 from the list. I just thought it would be interesting to see how on the mark we get with the order here from year to year.

Seems like this is mostly suggestions for future picks. Is this the right place to make a suggestion to improve the site? I just thought an extra column would be helpful, citing the order in which they died in 2008.

Example:

Our latest "winner" was ranked 27, but died 1st. Add a column to show he was the first to go in 2008 from the list. I just thought it would be interesting to see how on the mark we get with the order here from year to year.

On the main page, there's a link to Deathlist Timeline, which shows all the Deathlist deaths in chronological order...

Hope that helps...:rolleyes:

Aye but it doesn't show their DL rank in our top 50. I can see yer man above's point.

Former ITN News presenter, Ed Mitchell, made the headlines before Christmas when he was revealed to be living as a vagrant on the streets of Brighton.

The Mail on Sunday has an article about his former co-presenter, Carol Barnes, going in search of him. Mitchell seems to be at a very low ebb indeed, consumed by alcholism and the article ends with a bleak assessment of his health.

The doctors say his liver is close to packing up, his oesophagus and digestive system are struggling to cope and that without rehab, Ed would be dead within a matter of weeks.

There is a perilously high mortality rate among the street drinking fraternity and Mitchell seems almost beyond help. If he doesn't sort himself out, he might be a good candidate for a future deadpool.

Wasn't there a follow-up report that in fact he was merely living with his mum and generally just a lazy piss-artist as opposed to a dyed in the wool meths-guzzler?

(goes off to check....)

There you go.

Former ITN News presenter, Ed Mitchell, made the headlines before Christmas when he was revealed to be living as a vagrant on the streets of Brighton.

The Mail on Sunday has an article about his former co-presenter, Carol Barnes, going in search of him. Mitchell seems to be at a very low ebb indeed, consumed by alcholism and the article ends with a bleak assessment of his health.

The doctors say his liver is close to packing up, his oesophagus and digestive system are struggling to cope and that without rehab, Ed would be dead within a matter of weeks.

There is a perilously high mortality rate among the street drinking fraternity and Mitchell seems almost beyond help. If he doesn't sort himself out, he might be a good candidate for a future deadpool.

Wasn't there a follow-up report that in fact he was merely living with his mum and generally just a lazy piss-artist as opposed to a dyed in the wool meths-guzzler?

(goes off to check....)

There you go.

But the article says she's thrown him out, so he is now a homeless alcoholic. Anyway his liver is buggered whatever his domestic situation.

Funny man Matt Lucas' partner Kevin McGhee has a brain tumour...

Balls! Betty only just failed to make the cut on my DDP team, despite being on 2 years ago. As she's a recluse, it's damn hard trying to get hold of up-to-date info.

It seems Bettie Page was treated in hospital just after Christmas for kidney problems and pneumonia. I can only find blog reports though and not ctual news

http://bettiepagelovers.tribe.net/thread/1...16-ee80ba4da83d

Have just been getting my daily fix of accidentally watched a bit of ITV's This Morning. Kenny Richey, the Scot recently released from death row, was discussing his suicidal feelings while in prison. Fair enough, but he also told Phillip and Fern the two presenters, whoever they are, that he felt more suicidal now that he was free than he did while inside. Which is curious, imho. He said that what stopped him was the thought that he would hurt his family. With his father apparently soon to be gone from cancer, could Kenny be an outside chance for next year? I don't really think so, but you never know...

Sally Clark might be a useful case study. Those that aren't full-on suicidal often find readjusting so hard they damage themselves recklessly, drinking and the rest.

Sally Clark might be a useful case study. Those that aren't full-on suicidal often find readjusting so hard they damage themselves recklessly, drinking and the rest.

Good point. It sounded as if he used to be a big drinker before his incarceration, as well. [insert national stereotype of Scottish people here].

Stupidly, I forgot also to mention that he said one of his reasons for going along with the "no contest" plea that allowed him to get out was that his "health isn't too good". No mention of how not. Maybe he was getting deep-fried Mars bars delivered while inside.

Reg 'Rehab' Hollings. I have a sneaking suspicion he'll recover to the point he could sell a story to a newspaper and make a tv return in an 'ironic' sylee like 'Fat Barry' from Eastenders in 'Extras.'

Good point. It sounded as if he used to be a big drinker before his incarceration, as well. [insert national stereotype of Scottish people here].

Stupidly, I forgot also to mention that he said one of his reasons for going along with the "no contest" plea that allowed him to get out was that his "health isn't too good". No mention of how not. Maybe he was getting deep-fried Mars bars delivered while inside.

From what I can gather from the massive media coverage in Scotland he has had 3 heart attacks in 2 years and needs an operation, so he's not an unlikely candidate for death.

82 year old S0ma Devi Dura last known person who can speak Dura is in need of medical attention

Guest -

Anybody know what kind off mysterious illness Gwyneth Paltrow was hospitelized for.

Could she be the next Academy Award-winner to die.

(And i've heard she is back home, but still it says something)

Anybody know what kind off mysterious illness Gwyneth Paltrow was hospitelized for.

If she's not dead yet, there's no need for her to be mentioned in this thread

It's believed that she's pregnant and developed some complications

Posts moved - LG

Edited by Lady Grendel

If she's not dead yet, there's no need for her to be mentioned in this thread

It's believed that she's pregnant and developed some complications

Oh God, not another one! Why's everyone getting up the duff at the moment?

We often joke about MPFC nominating people from his own parish, but I think I may be able to confidently nominate my Arabic teacher from last semester. Great teacher, but I'm fairly certain that he'll be a lot thinner by the end of this.

I don't buy it. I don't believe he has only lived off 'warm water and will for the passed three days. Do you seriously believe Mr. Uri Horesh is going without his Arabic cuisine? Sounds like a real wack job. Who dies for a cause?

If he really does collapse and you are near the scene please take out your cell phone and start taking pictures. Then you can show us.

We often joke about MPFC nominating people from his own parish, but I think I may be able to confidently nominate my Arabic teacher from last semester. Great teacher, but I'm fairly certain that he'll be a lot thinner by the end of this.

So, is it blather or will he deliver?

Speaking of nominating from my 'own parish' when did I ever? Ivor Broadis is as close to home as I've ever got and if he wandered past you you'd be tempted to study form, as an ex England international and noted journalist he'll deffo get a national obit as and when. On the other hand I'll totally cop for finding abandoned barrels on my travels around the the UK and diving in for a good scrape!