Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

Randy Pausch, media sensation who has been famed on result of his terminal pancreatic cancer was in stable condition as of February 15th. The original diagnosis was 3 - 6 months last August but six months after giving his 'Last Lecture' the man remains living the everyday life. His philosophies of living to the fullest and holding no regrets should no doubt be an inspiration for us all. On a positive state of thought looking beyond the current matter I expect nature to take it's course by ..

May. ;)

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2008/m...ble-lesson-wil/

Dundee United chairman Eddie Thompson doesn't have long left on this earth as every bone in his body is riddled with cancer. According to this article there was only a 5% chance of the disease actually moving into his brain which the cancer has defied all odds. The radiation therapy has proved ineffective and on my time table his show down is waiting for the summer. :rolleyes:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/United-he-...ddie.3834383.jp

They could - like - cut out his brain and keep it alive in a tank!

Sorry

I was just having a Blind Patch (Not being offensive to anyone who is blind or vision impaired)

Sorry

I was just having a Blind Patch (Not being offensive to anyone who is blind or vision impaired)

Yes....lets not be offensive on this site...that would be terrible.

Abdul Qadeer Khan, 'The Father' of Pakistan's nuclear atomic program is currently hospitalized for extremely low blood pressure and fever. The article talks about infection, but nothing explosive. Another article said the antibiotics weren't effective, so let's see what happens.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/7359319

There's a famous fan video, dunno if it's on You Tube, of Healy standing up to walk of stage and falling into the audience.

Robert C. Byrd, the 90 year old senator who is in fact the longest-serving senator in U.S. history is currently hospitalized after having a negative reaction to antibiotics. He was in the hospital on the result of a tumble last week, but recovered. This time he is back with a urinary track infection.

Sounds like his doctors are taking the piss.

Robert C. Byrd, the 90 year old senator who is in fact the longest-serving senator in U.S. history is currently hospitalized after having a negative reaction to antibiotics. He was in the hospital on the result of a tumble last week, but recovered. This time he is back with a urinary track infection.

Sounds like his doctors are taking the piss.

I'm holding open your coat.

Abdul Qadeer Khan, 'The Father' of Pakistan's nuclear atomic program is currently hospitalized for extremely low blood pressure and fever. The article talks about infection, but nothing explosive. Another article said the antibiotics weren't effective, so let's see what happens.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/7359319

Hmmm I dropped him from my list this year as I thought reports on his health were exagerated and that he was trying to pull a Biggs on us

Former politician Lord Roy Mason is worth consideration for next year. He's currently quite ill in a Barnsley hospital, although the media don't seem to have picked up on it. He'll be 84 in April.

Ladies rugby, anyone?

Former Wasps, England and British Lionesses winger, Linda Uttley, 41, is suffering from leiomyosarcoma, an aggressive and terminal form of cancer.

...can I quickly mention that Tommy Burns, the footballer & manager has been diagnosed with skin cancer. I know he's quite young & what he has isn't as serious as some other cancers, but my aunt died of the same thing at about the same age so..

Tommy Burns is suffering from skin cancer again.

I'm prepared to get irate guest abuse about this, but...... good.

He's up there along with Gordon Brown, Mohammed Al Fayed & Robert Mugabe as people I would all like to see leave this earth as quickly as possible. :angry::P:devil::evil::evil::evil2:

He's going on my DDP list for next year - I have a spot free now, anyway.

According to the Wikipedia page of UK based Jamican musician, Alton Ellis, he is suffering from lymphatic cancer. He's a pioneer of rocksteady music, which later evolved in to reggae.

He's up there along with Gordon Brown, Mohammed Al Fayed & Robert Mugabe as people I would all like to see leave this earth as quickly as possible. :angry::P:devil::evil::evil::evil2:

:evil::evil::angry:

Don't know about irate guests but you have one irate member, Tommy Burns is a hero at Celtic, a player who played for the jersey, something you don't see much of these days. I have very happy memories of seeing him play, not least of which in the 1988 centenary double winning side. He's well respected in Scottish football and I hope he recovers well from his latest health problems.

He's up there along with Gordon Brown, Mohammed Al Fayed & Robert Mugabe as people I would all like to see leave this earth as quickly as possible. :angry::P:devil::evil::angry::evil2:

Might I ask why? :evil:

Oh hang on...this is to do with Reading isn't it? :evil:

Might I ask why? :evil2:

Oh hang on...this is to do with Reading isn't it? :angry:

Yes.

The man is pure evil - a spineless, uncaring, meglomanic twat. People like him don't just destroy football clubs, they destroy livelihoods and the whole fabric of society.

In effect, he carried out Robert Maxwell's dirty work for him 15 years on.

We have long memories down here - Jim Rosenthal will also be shot on site if he ever enters the Madejski peripehary.

:P:devil:

LG, I'm not the only one, there's a good 10,000 people that agree with me.

RFC wanted to lay on a benefit for Burns after the first cancer report. They sold no tickets. No-one would part with their money for his benefit.

Ray Stubbs joins my list of the evil, but for reasons that he is a complete bell-end anyway.

Was Tommy Burns so terrible? In the spring of '98 he took over a Reading club that were already well on their way down to Division 2 (which I believe was Division 3 in the old money), the next season they finished 11th. He got fired the following autumn, and the club went on to finish 10th. As bad as Mugabe?

Was Tommy Burns so terrible? In the spring of '98 he took over a Reading club that were already well on their way down to Division 2 (which I believe was Division 3 in the old money), the next season they finished 11th. He got fired the following autumn, and the club went on to finish 10th. As bad as Mugabe?

He must of been a shite manager then.... :angry:

Sheikh Hasina, the former prime minister of Bangladesh (from - 1996 to 2001) is hospitalized and suffering from multiple complications. The extremity of her condition consists of problems with ears and eyes, skin allergy, and high blood pressure. According to this article this is just the aftermath of grenade attacks in Dhaka.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-03/...ent_7767492.htm

It's not the results. Ian Porterfield was a completely sh*t manager for us, but he did his job with dedication, commanded respect & did his best to help Reading out of a financial crisis which was not of his doing. Thus, at his passing last year, there was sadness for a man much higher than 6 loan games as a player & two rubbish years as a manager deserved.

It's the man.

Scrapped our reserve & youth teams out of his own choice. No financial pressure - just sacked 20 hard working members of staff (including Alan Pardew, who later came back & saved us from the brink). Then sacked the reserve & youth playing staff in one fell swoop - some as young as 14 year old kids.

Then there's his treatment of the remaining first team staff - http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...11/ai_n14484966

Then, there's the small matter of turning a club which made £2.1 million profit the season before he arrived, to a club that made a loss of £5.7 million at the time he was sacked, with the club heading to relegation & oblivion - with Burns pocketing a HUGE amount for himself, but freezing the wages of the club's kit cleaner "to save money".

His contempt of the fans was such that he never once turned up for a Fans Forum.

He openly presided over a drugs & drink culture at the club which saw two players getting sacked (Jim McIntyre & Byron Glasgow) & the club being investigated, The PFA said it was the worst case of player management they "had ever seen."

In short, Burns pocketed at least a million in cash & left the club, its players, its future players & its fans to rot.

You can't do all that from just looking at the league table & going "oh that's not so bad", you have to know the truth behind it.

I make no apology for it. Burns is a twat & I don't have time for twats on this earth. One less twat in the world is fine by me.

Here endeth my Burns rant & the end of the topic. If you really want to take it up further, PM me, but let's keep on topic in at least ONE DL thread, heh?

PS You missed a relegation, CR. He got us relegated once. That in itself is not a crime worthy of evil, but it didn't help his record.

It's the man.

Scrapped our reserve & youth teams out of his own choice. No financial pressure - just sacked 20 hard working members of staff (including Alan Pardew, who later came back & saved us from the brink). Then sacked the reserve & youth playing staff in one fell swoop - some as young as 14 year old kids.

Then there's his treatment of the remaining first team staff - http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...11/ai_n14484966

Then, there's the small matter of turning a club which made £2.1 million profit the season before he arrived, to a club that made a loss of £5.7 million at the time he was sacked, with the club heading to relegation & oblivion - with Burns pocketing a HUGE amount for himself, but freezing the wages of the club's kit cleaner "to save money".

His contempt of the fans was such that he never once turned up for a Fans Forum.

He openly presided over a drugs & drink culture at the club which saw two players getting sacked (Jim McIntyre & Byron Glasgow) & the club being investigated, The PFA said it was the worst case of player management they "had ever seen."

In short, Burns pocketed at least a million in cash & left the club, its players, its future players & its fans to rot.

You can't do all that from just looking at the league table & going "oh that's not so bad", you have to know the truth behind it.

I make no apology for it. Burns is a twat & I don't have time for twats on this earth. One less twat in the world is fine by me.

But, apart from that........