Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

Chiara Lubich, 88, founder and leader of the Focolare Movement, which has a worldwide membership of over five million, has been in hospital for a month with breathing difficulties.

Nice find!

Senior general, Than Shwe of Burma is rumored hospitalized by some sources. Others, deny this claim entirely. If you are interested in believing (option A) then you might also want to consider that he is dieing of colon cancer. From this article a source close to the military states: "I heard that his health has been deteriorating for about a week." At his show down?

Time will let us know.

http://www.mizzima.com/MizzimaNews/News/20...3-Mar-2008.html

Chiara Lubich, 88, founder and leader of the Focolare Movement, which has a worldwide membership of over five million, has been in hospital for a month with breathing difficulties.

Nice find!

Too good a find!

Pop star (Founder member of the Foundations "Build Me Up Buttercup" etc.) and child sex abuser Peter MacBeth. He has terminal cancer & is now starting a jail sentence for his crimes. Fits the bill, exactly, me thinks - gravely ill & not a nice person, always a good mix for any DP.

Pop star (Founder member of the Foundations "Build Me Up Buttercup" etc.) and child sex abuser Peter MacBeth. He has terminal cancer & is now starting a jail sentence for his crimes. Fits the bill, exactly, me thinks - gravely ill & not a nice person, always a good mix for any DP.

Report says he's 71, but Wikipedia reckons he was born in 1943. Still, good spot OoO... ;)

Vice Marshal Jo Myong-Rok, who is described as 'ailing' is being replaced by Kim Jong-Gak because his probable 'kidney cancer' is getting the very best of him. If Jo dies, Jong-Gak will be appointed head of Korea's general political department. Overall If Myong- Rok manages to outlive this year, I couldn't say I'm fully (obituary-confident) on including him in next years DDP competition.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/World/K...how/2816363.cms

5. Mikey Dread - Brain tumors 'I know it's disgusting' can be very deceiving. Even fatal they can last several years and with this Jamaican singer only in his early fifties, remission is most likely his wrap.

Genius! :lol:

The bottom line is: I don't see an obituary and the coverage on Mikey Dread is not currently DDP caliber. No matter how many candidates manage to croak during the calender year it means little to nothing unless they get the qualified recognition. DDP is not only a game of death, it's a game of if the death can live up to the expectations set in the rule book. All I can say is 'I'm not dreading this one' I doubt he gets enough media coverage and if for some reason he does get covered 'congratulations'

The bottom line is: I don't see an obituary and the coverage on Mikey Dread is not currently DDP caliber. No matter how many candidates manage to croak during the calender year it means little to nothing unless they get the qualified recognition. DDP is not only a game of death, it's a game of if the death can live up to the expectations set in the rule book. All I can say is 'I'm not dreading this one' I doubt he gets enough media coverage and if for some reason he does get covered 'congratulations'

Is this good enough for you?

Guest My key'd read

I wonder if Mikey Dread will get an obit? I hope so, he is on one of my many deadpool teams, "I've Dredged My Bets".

I was Dreading that.

The last surviving member of Argentina's 1930 world cup squad Francisco Varallo has been in the news latley (OK the odd bit of obscure football news). Now 98 his record as top scorer for Boca Juniors is under threat, although he claims he scored 15 more than offical records show.

I was Dreading that.

Some much needed DDP points for me :lol:

I was Dreading that.

Some much needed DDP points for me :lol:

You could have a few more coming your way if the rather palid look of Eddie Thompson in Sunday's CIS Cup final is anything to go by...:P

The last surviving member of Argentina's 1930 world cup squad Francisco Varallo has been in the news latley (OK the odd bit of obscure football news). Now 98 his record as top scorer for Boca Juniors is under threat, although he claims he scored 15 more than offical records show.

He is apparently in good health and claims that he'll come out of retirement if his record is broken

Sen. Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania who believes stress may be a motivator for cancer says 'Never give in' and he hasn't since he was diagnosed with kidney cancer back in 2005.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23609556/

Yodrak Salakjai, is another story. He is being accused of faking his liver cancer in order to raise funds for fans. One might say this veteran folks singer 'Will never get an obituary!' .. and I didn't think the Guardian would cover Princess Galyani Vadhanna.

http://nationmultimedia.com/2008/03/17/opi...on_30068307.php

Former Celtic and West Ham defender, John Cushley, 64, is suffering from motor neurone disease.

Neil Aspinall, the Beatle's accountant and childhood friend of Paul McCartney, is very ill with lung cancer. He sang backing vocals on Yellow Submarine.

Corazon Aquino, the former President of The Philippines, has been diagnosed with colon cancer.

[Her] Daughter did not disclose any details about the cancer’s progression or Mrs. Aquino’s chances for recovery but she called on Filipinos to pray, suggesting the disease had reached a serious stage. :)

Neil Aspinall, the Beatle's accountant and childhood friend of Paul McCartney, is very ill with lung cancer. He sang backing vocals on Yellow Submarine.

Dead. You're seeing them off at quite a rate, DDT.

Edit - I expect I'll be admonished for putting this news in the wrong thread.

Overheard gossip over the weekend about the 'shot to pieces' state of Stan Bowles' health. About as far gone as George Best used to be and about the age of Bestie when he finally checked out.

The self-same gossip source also told me a story about Gazza watching Barnsley play Chelsea and roaring on Barnsley because he used to play for them. It took several people in the pub to remind Gazza that he'd actually played for Burnley!

Grammy-winning Tex-Mex singer Emilio Navaira is in a coma after 'doing a Bucks Fizz' through his tour bus windscreen.

Even if Navaira pulls through, the effects on his health "can be as bad as not surviving," Valadka said. They could include a coma, vegetative state, weakness or paralysis, difficulty speaking, memory loss and inability to concentrate.

But would he get a UK obituary anyway, even if he made it through the next 8 months?

TheIrish singer, Ronnie Drew is undergoing treatment for cancer. He used to sing in the Dubliners.