Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

Former Ghanaian Vice President and current Presidential Candidate, John Atta-Mills, is suffering from nasal cancer according to this article.

Former England cricketer Alan Igglesden has given a cheery interview about how he has survived for 10 years with an inoperable brain tumour. Wikipedia says the average survival time for someone with his particular diagnosis, a grade 2 oligodendroglioma, is 11.6 years, so worth keeping an eye on.

Founding member and lead singer of The Hacienda Brothers, Chris Gaffney, has been diagnosed with liver cancer. He's probably about as famous as Jeff Healey, who got loads of UK obits.

Former Ghanaian Vice President and current Presidential Candidate, John Atta-Mills, is suffering from nasal cancer according to this article.

Former England cricketer Alan Igglesden has given a cheery interview about how he has survived for 10 years with an inoperable brain tumour. Wikipedia says the average survival time for someone with his particular diagnosis, a grade 2 oligodendroglioma, is 11.6 years, so worth keeping an eye on.

Founding member and lead singer of The Hacienda Brothers, Chris Gaffney, has been diagnosed with liver cancer. He's probably about as famous as Jeff Healey, who got loads of UK obits.

Hoe do you do it DDT? I can only marvel at your dilligence! (oo-er!)

I don't know how I do it. I'm not sure why I do it either, but I do.

Anyway, former Carlisle footballer, John Holliday, now a journalist, is suffering from tongue cancer.

I'm now back in circulation after a short escape and here are the latest headlines tonight:

Verne Troyer, most commonly recognized as 'Mini-Me' from Austin Powers has been rushed to the hospital after developing flue related symptoms. It has also been stated that he has struggled with both alcohol and drug related problems. At the towering height of 2'8 inches ... I'll predict he is found dead ..... December 5th 2008.

Ingrid Betancort, the colombian prisoner who was abducted by an organization named the (FARC) back in 2002 may only have hours to live. According to her son, she needs a blood transfusion. According to her husband, he fears she may already be dead

Have just been getting my daily fix of accidentally watched a bit of ITV's This Morning. Kenny Richey, the Scot recently released from death row, was discussing his suicidal feelings while in prison. Fair enough, but he also told Phillip and Fern the two presenters, whoever they are, that he felt more suicidal now that he was free than he did while inside. Which is curious, imho. He said that what stopped him was the thought that he would hurt his family. With his father apparently soon to be gone from cancer, could Kenny be an outside chance for next year? I don't really think so, but you never know...

Kenny Richey, who has a serious heart condition to contend with as well as his suicidal impulses, has been dabbling in cocaine and leading a generally unhealthy lifestyle since his release.

Verne Troyer, most commonly recognized as 'Mini-Me' from Austin Powers has been rushed to the hospital after developing flue related symptoms.

Probably doesn't help that he smokes like a chimney.

Guest VAR

Why don't you place Russian Orthodox patriarch Alexius II (born 1929) in the list ? He is the well known person and his health problems are well known too. Now he is almost unable to run the service even during major Church holidays (it's broadcasted and the situation is clear for all of the flock). The struggle for succession of his position is over so he could pass away peacefully.

Have just been getting my daily fix of accidentally watched a bit of ITV's This Morning. Kenny Richey, the Scot recently released from death row, was discussing his suicidal feelings while in prison. Fair enough, but he also told Phillip and Fern the two presenters, whoever they are, that he felt more suicidal now that he was free than he did while inside. Which is curious, imho. He said that what stopped him was the thought that he would hurt his family. With his father apparently soon to be gone from cancer, could Kenny be an outside chance for next year? I don't really think so, but you never know...

Kenny Richey, who has a serious heart condition to contend with as well as his suicidal impulses, has been dabbling in cocaine and leading a generally unhealthy lifestyle since his release.

Not very old is he, I'm thinking DDP points, like.

A victory for Filip Vujanovic in the first round of the presidential vote this passed Sunday. His spokesman admitted "We really didn't expect this outcome," but overall it wasn't really the voting figures which have led me to this article. Zeljko Sturanovic, the former president of Montenegro is now described as gravely ill according to this source. Now that is an outcome I've expected.

Manuel Marulanda, 77, the leader of Colombia's FARC rebel army, has been in the news recently because of the high profile hostages his troops are holding. Quite how much he knows about the whole business is unclear, this article from The Telegraph mentioned that he is "seriously ill and being cared for on an estate in Venezuela", while the BBC reported that he has terminal prostate cancer and less than six months to live...but that was in 2004.

Steven Wells AKA Seething Wells AKA Susan Williams has been battling cancer for a while, something he wrote about here. Only just discovered this surfing his wiki page, which suggests he continues to fight. One to watch, mind.

Steven Wells AKA Seething Wells AKA Susan Williams has been battling cancer for a while, something he wrote about here. Only just discovered this surfing his wiki page, which suggests he continues to fight. One to watch, mind.

He should back to Blighty pronto if that article is anything to go by. Also known as Swells, if he had a tumour that would be quite ironic...

Kenny Baker, microscopic actor who played R2D2 in the Star Wars films is hospitalized and is feared to be 'seriously ill'. The (3ft 8inch) actor would receive the qualified recognition if he fails to recover.

Kenny Baker, microscopic actor who played R2D2 in the Star Wars films is hospitalized and is feared to be 'seriously ill'. The (3ft 8inch) actor would receive the qualified recognition if he fails to recover.

I always thought it was a bit of a cheat by Kenny Baker to claim he "played" R2D2? What did he do exactly - make the litle bleep boop noises? Cause R2's head to spin slowly from side to side? Was there a little steering wheel and motor inside, with Kenny driving him around? I say it's all just a Lucasfilm marketing ploy to try to humanise the R2D2 character, while Kenny really was just one of those Hollywood dwarves who carried trays of coke on his head. Which would have been quite handy with Carrie Fisher on the set.

First Mini-Me and now this...researching a themed team for next year BS? ;)

First Mini-Me and now this...researching a themed team for next year BS? <_<

Already been done. Bijou Bodettes was my other team in DDP last year.

First Mini-Me and now this...researching a themed team for next year BS? <_<

Already been done. Bijou Bodettes was my other team in DDP last year.

I went to Chelmsford's mighty Riverside Leisure Centre to have him sign my copy of The Phantom Menace - He was miserable and charged me a fiver for the pleasure. I've waited a long time for that "investment" to mature....too long, I'd say, as it was on VHS and is by now entirely worthless. <_<

That said, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Now ... for the news today ... Let's get ready ..... to Rummmmmmblllllllllllle ah.

Michael Buffer, famous ring announcer who turns up the hype before highly anticipated boxing matches, has been diagnosed with tumors of the neck and throat. The cancer has been detected early and the article seems very optimistic, but a future announcement 'under different circumstances' is always a possibility.

French Caribbean poet, Aime Cesaire, 94, is seriously ill with heart problems. I doubt he'll get to 2009, but worth knowing about just in case he pulls though his present tribulations.

Max Clifford has prostate cancer.

I wonder who he consulted when he wanted to break the news to the public? :banghead: