Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

Low-hanging, ranter-pulling poster girls for tragedy Katie Hilliard and Claire Everett, are both going about their lives with a profile likely to pull more column inches and - eventually - DDP points.

Low-hanging, ranter-pulling poster girls for tragedy Katie Hilliard and Claire Everett, are both going about their lives with a profile likely to pull more column inches and - eventually - DDP points.

That is insane. In the US we start Pap smears in adolescence - kids have sex. Sheesh. I can't believe they wait until 25.

Journalist Adrian Sudbury, 26, is suffering from leukemia for the second time and has elected not to receive any further treatment. He has been given a prognosis of "weeks to months". He only writes for a local newspaper, but he has kept a blog detailing his condition and met the Prime Minister during his campaign to get more people to register as a donor. His story has been mentioned in the Daily Mail, Daily Mirror and on the BBC, so he will get a UK obit.

Rob Grills, lead singer of the Grass Roots, hasn't had the best of years.

He's endured the roughest health stretch in his life. Grill, 64, underwent brain surgery in February, had pneumonia in the spring, suffered from kidney failure in early June, and will have knee replacement surgery in July

Rob Grills, lead singer of the Grass Roots, hasn't had the best of years.

He's endured the roughest health stretch in his life. Grill, 64, underwent brain surgery in February, had pneumonia in the spring, suffered from kidney failure in early June, and will have knee replacement surgery in July

I think I can help his doctors out....given the sequence, they should start investigating his feet next.

Guest Lucas L

Unfortunately, I will have to guess Ray Bradbury will be on the next list and will perish during that time, That is if he does not die in 08.

Possibly?

His Royal Highness Henry Wako Muloki, OBE, the current Kyabazinga (King) of Busoga......

I have never heard of even one of the place names or people mentioned in this article. This guy got an OBE - for what? I suppose Mugabe's a knight, so nothing should surprise me on that front. What sort of news feeds are you tapping into there, DDT?

• Like 1

I know he's not that famous, but I liked his head gear. Busoga is a traditional African Kingdom in Uganda.

His Royal Highness Henry Wako Muloki, OBE, the current Kyabazinga (King) of Busoga......

muloki.jpg

Is this guy obit worthy as defined by - say - CPDP rules? Bit of a long shot as far as I can see but I've never heard of him before.

muloki.jpg

Is this guy obit worthy as defined by - say - CPDP rules? Bit of a long shot as far as I can see but I've never heard of him before.

He's most likely to get an obit in The Times

Guest Political Hack

Right wing "political advisor" and chairman of the Committee For A Free Britain, David Hart, is a very sick man and will be dead before too long.

Right wing "political advisor" and chairman of the Committee For A Free Britain, David Hart, is a very sick man and will be dead before too long.

David Harts listed on Wikipedia don't - currently - include our croaking man. So, no CPDP points, then.

Guest Guest_themaninblack_*

David Harts listed on Wikipedia don't - currently - include our croaking man. So, no CPDP points, then.

He ought to get one for the DDP though, quite a notorious figure in his time, friends in high places, all that...providing he pops it next year...

Well, his is listed on Wikipedia, it's just there are no details about him. A Wiki Red Entry is, I believe, the official term.

It's amazing how wikipedia has gone from open derision on the DL to the authorative source of all things truthful.

Well, he is listed on Wikipedia, it's just there are no details about him. A Wiki Red Entry is, I believe, the official term.

It's amazing how wikipedia has gone from open derision on the DL to the authorative source of all things truthful.

• Like 1

Well, he is listed on Wikipedia, it's just there are no details about him. A Wiki Red Entry is, I believe, the official term.

Wiki's my new friend for disputes. I am currently trying to introduce this word to the Académie Française. Someone insisted on correcting me each time I call the machine that so I decided to make the word more official and it appears to have been accepted (unless there is some anal wikiist out there about to sabotage my efforts, plus those of a collegue!). I can't take the credit, the word came with me from Belgium and to be frank I'd probably call it a sonicator in English too which is probably also wrong.

It's the new "my dad's stronger than your dad" routine. [/end of geekness]

Mr Hart, an Old Etonian who lives in a Suffolk mansion, became notorious in the 1980s for helping the then prime minster Margaret Thatcher break the miners' strike in an operation he ran from a luxury suite at Claridges hotel, in London.

BAE is alleged to have paid the money into a previously unknown offshore company linked to Mr Hart called Defence Consultancy Ltd (DCL).

:P:angry::angry:

I've got a hairline fracture on the hip which she feels is the cause of the pain I am experiencing. She's suggested that one course of radiotherapy should help resolve this. As there is more tumour than bone the fracture is unlikely to repair itself but the radiotherapy will help with this. I think it will kill the tumour around the problem area.

Part of June 18th entry on the blog of 'Mummy Diaries' star Dawn Hughes.

Blog here.

Ranter fire possibly mediated by her fairly lively presence on the web at her own site and Channel 4's continuing page from last year's show.

Oh aye, and whilst I'm unwinding with a post whore session. Boris Efimov is still alive and, according to Wikipedia, working hard enough to make Edward Upward look like a dosser.