Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

Penny Akam, one of the UK Travel industry's most high profile personalities has had to step down from her promotional duties due to "advanced cancer" :skill2: reports Travel Weekly this week.

Akam was married last week & reports she is "responding well" to treatment. She looks reasonably well in the photo in the magazine too. I still don't think it's worth the risk putting her on any DP's unless they accept ANY British source.

David Piper, The Lord of Warleigh has been in the headlines today as he's selling his title, his properties and most of his possessions on Ebay.

He's selling up and moving to London to get treatement for his "rather advanced prostate cancer".

Guest Skippynipples

For your Consideration

Mel Brooks (28 June 1926) - Director, writer, composer, lyricist, comedian, actor and producer. A member of the GATE short list (persons who have won Grammy, Academy, Tony, and Emmy Awards, "GATE", the four major entertainment awards in American show business). He'll be ready for the big dirt nap in 2009

BB King (16 Sept. 1925) - has been living with Type II diabetes for over 20 years...the man can't even stand up on stage when he performs anymore. He and his beloved Lucille will be paying the cost to be the boss in 2009.

US Olympic swimmer Eric Shanteau is competing despite finding out he has testicular cancer a couple of months ago. Never seemed to do Lance Armstrong any harm.

US Olympic swimmer Eric Shanteau is competing despite finding out he has testicular cancer a couple of months ago. Never seemed to do Lance Armstrong any harm.

Cheating bastards, honestly, those athletes will do owt to lose extra weight and gain a competitive advantage. I expect him to have an accident involving a blow torch and his ears any day now.

Jade Goody has been diagnosed with cervical cancer.

I see the news was announced by Max Clifford. What a wonderful opportunity for her public rehabilitation. Anyone else smell a rat?

My cynicism worries me sometimes.

Low hanging fruit but potential DDP points in John Tate (66), father of murdered newspaper delivery girl Genette Tate and reported today to be 'dying of prostate cancer.'

I see the news was announced by Max Clifford. What a wonderful opportunity for her public rehabilitation. Anyone else smell a rat?

I'm smelling a "kebab" :rolleyes:

Beef? Curtains for the Indian Big Bro programme mind.

yeah, yeah...

Beef? Curtains for the Indian Big Bro programme mind.

Not something to get in a flap about.

Gordon Brown. Far be it from me to cast asperions on the mental agility of terrorist types hell-bent on destroying the sense of well-being and security enjoyed by the British but if they really want this country destroyed so badly why not - like - leave Brown in charge?

This thread started with a prominent Pakistani. Waqar Ahmed Kahn is the latest to remind us that political high-profile and life in that country can be an explosive combination.

6 of them one of me, I make that Pimm's O'clock dharlings. Who reckons this bunch of toffs will make it to the pole... Then again if James May and Jeremy Clarkson can drive to the North pole on GnTs with fois gras chasers anything's possible.

Spencer Davis has cancelled a European tour and a charity appearance for "some routine tests". His spokeswoman has denied he suffered a heart attack. Probably cancer then. :sicktherm:

Steve Jobs has been accidentally pronounced dead by Bloomberg. What are the rules concerning obits for people who aren't actually dead - half points?

Steve Jobs has been accidentally pronounced dead by Bloomberg. What are the rules concerning obits for people who aren't actually dead - half points?

Think it's no points on all of the major deadpools. I mean, anyone could hack a wiki page and claim points otherwise.

So you want to scrap ideas and possibilities and give everyone a topic page? Not a good idea. The merge-alert claxon is wailing on my lap top.

Agreed, posts moved - LG

Edited by Lady Grendel

Guest This site is sick

Danny la Rue

Dennis Norden

Barry Cryer

Eric Sykes

Norman Wisdom

Patrick Moore

Prince Phillip

Bruce Forsythe

Reg Varney

Danny la Rue

Dennis Norden

Barry Cryer

Eric Sykes

Norman Wisdom

Patrick Moore

Prince Phillip

Bruce Forsythe

Reg Varney

That'd be a great Sunshine Bus-load for the cemetary.

Throw in Warren Mitchell and you've got a CPDP theme team called 'Variety Isn't Dead......Yet!'

Is anyone still on deathlist.net? I had to sweep cobwebs and crickets off the screen as I was logging in.

This guy seems like a decent candidate for 2008

"Any one Pakistan PM"