Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

Is anyone still on deathlist.net? I had to sweep cobwebs and crickets off the screen as I was logging in.

This guy seems like a decent candidate for 2008

"Any one Pakistan PM"

I'm still here. But posting less frequently.

Prozzie killer Steve Wright will kill himself if he fails his appeal, so says his brother...

Depressed celebrity chef Antonio Carluccio has admitted himself to The Priory. He was hospitalised last week after stabbing himself in the chest with a kitchen knife. He'd be a good punt for the DDP next year, next time he could put his head in a blender or cook himself on gas mark six for forty minutes. :rolleyes:

Moving on, Lee Kuan Yew, who was Prime Minister of Singapore for a very long time (1959-1990 to be precise), is recovering after suffering "an atrial flutter". Not sure if that's a delicate way of saying he's had a heart attack, but worth knowing about.

Guest Tamla
While trawling for Motown info, I discovered that legendary Temptations producer/writer Norman 'Ball of Confusion' Whitfield was spared jail two years ago because he suffers from "diabetes, heart disease and kidney insufficiency". Nothing more recent than that but he can't have gotten much better, you'd think.

He didn't get better and now he's on Cloud Nine. RIP, a legend of soul music.

While trawling for Motown info, I discovered that legendary Temptations producer/writer Norman 'Ball of Confusion' Whitfield was spared jail two years ago because he suffers from "diabetes, heart disease and kidney insufficiency". Nothing more recent than that but he can't have gotten much better, you'd think.

He didn't get better and now he's on Cloud Nine. RIP, a legend of soul music.

You're not kidding; as well as Cloud Nine, he co-wrote Heard it Through the Grapevine, War, He Was Really Saying Something, Ball of Confusion, Wishing on a Star, Papa Was a Rollin' Stone, Car Wash, Just My Imagination, Too Busy Thinking About My Baby and Love Don't Live Here Anymore, amongst others. Those late-period psych-soulcial-consciousness Temptations songs were great, even if they did all sound the bleedin' menacing-single-minor-chord same.

Previously low-hanging fruit Dawn - Mummy Diaries - Hughes is in remission according to her latest blog entry. Not gonna cough up DP points this year.

Previously low-hanging fruit Dawn - Mummy Diaries - Hughes is in remission according to her latest blog entry. Not gonna cough up DP points this year.

That means she's gonna cark it tomorrow... ;)

Crime writer Dominick Dunne, 82, is suffering from bladder cancer and has been hospitalised after "experiencing pain" while covering OJ Simpson's trial for robbery.

Obviously the situation in Burma is pretty catastrophic for the health of jailed U Win Tin - who if this is accurate was pretty poorly before the cyclone - U Win Tin In Sin Bin. How people are going to get medical supplies or food to him right now, if his prison isn't flooded & the family members haven't already perished... it can't help, no?

Pah to that. He's been released into the wild, and despite the "health problems" looks quite hearty & healthy to me.

If rumours are to be believed, Christiane F. (notorious teenaged German drug addict/prostitute whose life story was truned into a book/film) is back on the drugs again.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/german...,571323,00.html

Wouldn't find that very hard to believe at all actually. Her son's confirmed it and I wouldn't be surprised if she never came off the heroin in the first place. As synical as this sounds I think she only pretended to get off the drugs so that she could sell "her story" to get more heroin money... just a theory :ph34r:

"Coach" Leonard Skinner, the schoolteacher who inspired the band name Lynyrd Skynryd, is reported to be in failing health.

This is getting silly. Why didn't they just call themselves Leonard Skinner and defy him to file a law suit?

American trade unionist Crystal Lee Sutton is suffering from cancer. She was the subject of the 1978 film Norma Rae, which won two Oscar awards.

Shouldn't the film have been called 'Crystal Lee'?

You're quite right. She's got a lovely name and there should have been no need to exercise artistic licence when making a film about her. It's not as if she's called Gertrude Rita or Maud Hilda, I could have understood the reasoning then.

"Coach" Leonard Skinner, the schoolteacher who inspired the band name Lynyrd Skynryd, is reported to be in failing health.

This is getting silly. Why didn't they just call themselves Leonard Skinner and defy him to file a law suit?

Leonard Skinner doesn't exactly cut it has a band name. Not like Lynryrd Skynryd. You probably wouldn't get far if you called a band Gertrude Rita either, but Gytryde Ryta might be allright.

Baitullah Mehsud, Pakistani Taliban leader, who has been picked by four teams on the DDP, is reported to be in a coma suffering from diabetic and kidney complications.

Guest Ghost of pulphack
American trade unionist Crystal Lee Sutton is suffering from cancer. She was the subject of the 1978 film Norma Rae, which won two Oscar awards.

You're quite right. She's got a lovely name and there should have been no need to exercise artistic licence when making a film about her. It's not as if she's called Gertrude Rita or Maud Hilda, I could have understood the reasoning then.

Leonard Skinner doesn't exactly cut it has a band name. Not like Lynryrd Skynryd. You probably wouldn't get far if you called a band Gertrude Rita either, but Gytryde Ryta might be allright.

How about The Lyke of Whych? I picture them as a late 60s British lite-psych/freakbeat combo, in a Dantalian's Chariot-meets-Les Fleurs de Lys sorta way. The singer has a massive cravat.

How about The Lyke of Whych? I picture them as a late 60s British lite-psych/freakbeat combo, in a Dantalian's Chariot-meets-Les Fleurs de Lys sorta way. The singer has a massive cravat.

Oooh, do you think they could do a Black Widow cover, please?

, you know.

The Lyke of Whych...? There's a name I haven't heard in a while. Didn't they reform as Monolith during the '70's?

Little Richard's been in hospital

Richard's been in poor health for a while. He can barely walk, often uses a wheelchair and uses an oxygen tank to help his breathing

<_<

Little Richard's been in hospital

Richard's been in poor health for a while. He can barely walk, often uses a wheelchair and uses an oxygen tank to help his breathing

:wub:

Little Richard is a good one! I will definitely add him to my prelimiary 2009 list.

Lots of celebrities are ill right now, though none seem to be imminently dying or are in life threatening condition.

The thing is, I still miss Paul Newman. Even if someone like Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis, Liz Taylor, etc., dies, I don't think it will have the same impact as Paul Newman.