Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

Okay, here's my thoughts.

Personally speaking, first, this is the kind of case which I don't like to see in Dead Pools. That's just solely my own view and I subscribe somewhat to some of Godot's opinions.

I will be entering a very different team in some ways next year - I don't expect to win, partly because I feel I shouldn't, but I will enter a team that is not full of so-called "bankers" and I will probably get more enjoyment (if that is really the right word, which it isn't) from those hits than Atkins, Seve & this young lady.

I hope Godot continues, but I will respect any decision made.

Professionally:

I can't give a quick answer, sorry.

I am wrestling with my own thoughts towards people like Rachel Jones & Evans, but also the game as a whole. I think people who picked Mevsimler or Barry Austin deserve points for such an interesting pick.

I am trying to find a solution that stops the DDP crossing the line between a black humour, mawkish, bad-taste site to a site that is incredibly bad taste. After all, the DDP is the DP that cares :rolleyes:

My best suggestion to people is keep her on for now until I have come up with a final solution for the ill for being ill. This is the contentious one, but I don't want to stop the interesting names coming in regardless, despite their workload, I do enjoy it when "different" names are suggested.

I'll have an answer by mid-November. I'll have to as I need to update the site for 2009 shortly after.

Okay, here's my thoughts.

Personally speaking, first, this is the kind of case which I don't like to see in Dead Pools. That's just solely my own view and I subscribe somewhat to some of Godot's opinions.

I will be entering a very different team in some ways next year - I don't expect to win, partly because I feel I shouldn't, but I will enter a team that is not full of so-called "bankers" and I will probably get more enjoyment (if that is really the right word, which it isn't) from those hits than Atkins, Seve & this young lady.

I hope Godot continues, but I will respect any decision made.

Professionally:

I can't give a quick answer, sorry.

I am wrestling with my own thoughts towards people like Rachel Jones & Evans, but also the game as a whole. I think people who picked Mevsimler or Barry Austin deserve points for such an interesting pick.

I am trying to find a solution that stops the DDP crossing the line between a black humour, mawkish, bad-taste site to a site that is incredibly bad taste. After all, the DDP is the DP that cares :rolleyes:

My best suggestion to people is keep her on for now until I have come up with a final solution for the ill for being ill. This is the contentious one, but I don't want to stop the interesting names coming in regardless, despite their workload, I do enjoy it when "different" names are suggested.

I'll have an answer by mid-November. I'll have to as I need to update the site for 2009 shortly after.

Thanks for that OoO. We'll have to sit on our hands till then. BTW what are your thoughts on multiple teams as I'm considering entering an additional theme team for 2009...

Thanks for that OoO. We'll have to sit on our hands till then. BTW what are your thoughts on multiple teams as I'm considering entering an additional theme team for 2009...

I don't mind theme teams but I really want to clamp down on multiple teams. No more than 2 if at all possible, but really I would prefer just one. But, again, there's no way to regulate it across the board because of ahem... "technical difficulties".

I don't mind theme teams but I really want to clamp down on multiple teams. No more than 2 if at all possible, but really I would prefer just one. But, again, there's no way to regulate it across the board because of ahem... "technical difficulties".

OK, I'll save it for another deadpool...

I've scrolled through the voice of others on this issue and my reaction is the reaction of many. I've exposed this poor woman because she is the prototype of what we do not want this game evolving into. It's a tragic story but I'll explain my intentions. 1 reason: She is the ideal prospect of which will fuel this needed debate.

Earlier in the year, I'll admit that I found maryportfuncity's team very intimidating. I considered his prospects "Local" and a lot like this story, they were. The central issue of this debate is: If a competitor invests much chance in a candidates success and gambles with the obituary coverage, should the risk itself be the price he does or does not pay? ... or should further action be taken?

I'll continue this discussion over here if others are interested.

Mary Wilson from The Supremes has pulled out of a gig in Hanoi after suffering a heart attack.

Ben Fogle has a flesh-eating bug.

I was told that he was consumed by a parasite. I thought "Is that who Kate Moss is going out with now"...

Merle Haggard has had a tumour removed from his lung

Overheard conversation, and can't find much good information online but.....Colin Hart, longtime boxing journalist, battling cancer.

The former Chief Constable of the Royal Ulster Constabulary, Sir John Hermon, 79, has been suffering from Alzheimer's disease for the last six years and now needs round the clock nursing care. He has just had to move nursing homes as information about his whereabouts was discovered by republican dissidents...

and on my DDP team for the last two years...... :)

I knew he was ill, but if a Republican dissident got him, that would mean much more points than I envisaged..... Especially if they do it on the 13th of the month. :)

Well done OoO. He's dead.

The former Chief Constable of the Royal Ulster Constabulary, Sir John Hermon, 79, has been suffering from Alzheimer's disease for the last six years and now needs round the clock nursing care. He has just had to move nursing homes as information about his whereabouts was discovered by republican dissidents...

I knew he was ill, but if a Republican dissident got him, that would mean much more points than I envisaged..... Especially if they do it on the 13th of the month. :)

One Shot may be able to put us right on this but......

Even in the sick and perverse lows of sectarian killing, I don't think anyone has plumbed the depths to the point of storming a care home and taking out a person who was a 'target' in their younger days, have they?

One Shot may be able to put us right on this but......

Even in the sick and perverse lows of sectarian killing, I don't think anyone has plumbed the depths to the point of storming a care home and taking out a person who was a 'target' in their younger days, have they?

Well they were never put off from killing in hospitals, the Loyalists shot Maire (Maive) Drumm, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1ire_Drumm, and the Provos blew up Musgrave Park Hospital killing Two soldiers and wounding eleven other people two of them children.

If you were a target for them 30 years ago you will still be at risk Today.

Lt Gen Victor "Brute" Krulak, who was partially responsible for America's involvement in Vietnam, is ill, according to his son (General Charles Krulak) who posts on Aston Villa Football Club fan forums.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Krulak

He told JFK 'Nam was winnable, JFK trusted his judgement and it escalated.

These are some obscure prospects but worth a mention. Why not.

Hazel Hawke, the wife of former Australian PM Bob Hawke, must been in the advanced stages of Alzheimers disease as she was "in the mid stages" way back in 2004. One to remember? Or one to forget ..

Paul Kraus, the author of "Surviving Mesothelioma and Other Cancers: A Patient's Guide," has been suffering from the disease since 1997. The man has used various healing methods such as converting to a vegeterian diet and taking traditional Chinese medicine which has extended his life. Will he receive the obituary? ..

Sunny von Bülow, a socialite and philanthropist, has been in a persistent vegetative state since 1980. The story is that her husband Clause, now 82, allegedly tried to kill her with an overdose of insulin. The trial gained massive coverage at the time and I think she will receive the qualified recognition. The BBC talks about her here.

Bob Sheppard, the legendary voice of the New York Yankees since 1951 is now in failing health. In the last year of Yankee Stadium, Sheppard announced that he needed to take a year off. Sheppard, now 98, claims he will attempt to return next season but we all know how these things turn out. I say his obituary coverage is possible due to his legendary status.

Holocaust survivor and artist Roman Halter is 82 next year. Just saying, like. Not aware of any full-on threat to his life just yet.

Former AC Milan and Italy striker Stefano Borgonovo, is suffering from motor neurone disease.

This Times article about what's becoming an increasing occurence in Italian football may well boost his chances of an obit...

Guest Lace Elation

From A Gossipy Website:

Could it be that a certain sophisticated lady is sicker than she's letting on? So say people in the know who tell me that although she's been receiving treatment for one illness, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Her malady is of a more everlasting nature. While it's not genetic, she would not be the first person in her family to have it. The songbird is fighting with everything she's got, and plans to go public with her condition any day now.

Guest EMFCoffin
From A Gossipy Website:

Could it be that a certain sophisticated lady is sicker than she's letting on? So say people in the know who tell me that although she's been receiving treatment for one illness, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Her malady is of a more everlasting nature. While it's not genetic, she would not be the first person in her family to have it. The songbird is fighting with everything she's got, and plans to go public with her condition any day now.

For those of us who can't wait, who is this songbird?

'Sophisticated' .....thank f**k for that, Suzy Quatro is alright, then?

Guest EMFCoffin

Coule her initials be NC?

Guest Locate Alien

Coule her initials be NC?

:rolleyes: