Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

I think the problem with getting at these groups is that web sites can be registered outside a specific jurisdiction and therefore out of the reach of the courts. I didn't know there was another trial. It's a pity they couldn't have dealt with them all at the same time. Still, not every potential juror surfs the web. I wouldn't have seen this stuff without MPFC's link.

Another thing - the assumption that prior exposure prejudices a trial is based on the patronising belief (among the judiciary) that jurors cannot be trusted to try a case on the facts before them and those facts alone. This does not, incidentally, apply to appeal court judges who are deemed to be incorruptible in this respect and therefore incapable of contempt.

Appeal court judges are able to make such judgements precisely because they are out of touch with the modern world, which makes sense in an odd sort of way. Gotta love our criminal justice system! :P

US Attorney General Michael B. Mukasey has collapsed while making a speech to the American Enterprise Institute...

Tassos Papadopoulos, former President of Cyprus, has been flown to an American clinic after experiencing "back pains". It does seem rather a long way to travel to get an aching back treated...

Welsh "personality" Sir Dai Llewellyn is dying. He is now living in a hospice. :P

At 62, the high living of the 'Seducer of the Valleys' has caught up with him and he is gravely ill. In August, doctors told him he had prostate cancer, cirrhosis of the liver and severe anaemia. A month ago, he learned the cancer had spread. It is in his right temple, cheek, shoulder and lower back.

Seems like a safer bet than Susan Atkins if you ask me...

Welsh "personality" Sir Dai Llewellyn is dying. He is now living in a hospice. :P

At 62, the high living of the 'Seducer of the Valleys' has caught up with him and he is gravely ill. In August, doctors told him he had prostate cancer, cirrhosis of the liver and severe anaemia. A month ago, he learned the cancer had spread. It is in his right temple, cheek, shoulder and lower back.

It's - just about - mid-November and he's cancer riddled and living in a hospice. People like this are the reason we need reserves on our team lists. I don't think he'll make 2009.

Hmmm could be a close run thing, but he may yet be the George Moore of 2009...

Welsh "personality" Sir Dai Llewellyn is dying. He is now living in a hospice. :skull:

It's - just about - mid-November and he's cancer riddled and living in a hospice. People like this are the reason we need reserves on our team lists. I don't think he'll make 2009.

This raft of posts goes along way to me hanging on till the 31st Dec to post my DDP entry.

Tr*c8y C*nn*lly, the name's hardly a secret anymore and 84,000 rabid Facebookers can't be wrong, can they?

Re Dai Llewellyn there's no mention of which hospice but this article features a picture taken in the 'extensive grounds' of said hospice. Might narrow it down a little. Knowing Dai he's unlikely to be living in a dump like Dartford so - mebbe - he's in the Pilgrims Hospice, Canterbury, who's successful alumni include Mo Mowlem.

Tassos Papadopoulos, former President of Cyprus, has been flown to an American clinic after experiencing "back pains". It does seem rather a long way to travel to get an aching back treated...

This article is indicating that Papadopoulos is suffering from acute respiratory failure. The nature of his illness isn't what one might have speculated but he may have more value at some point in the future.

'Mike' Arroyo, probably gonna survive but if things get more serious a deffo for BBC News coverage and a mention in the broadsheets.

Re Dai Llewellyn - doesn't seem to be in the Heart of Kent Hospice, according to my contact. Still have the shortest odds on the Pilgrims at Canterbury, which - going on pictures Googled - has a few bushes around it suitable for a person - like Vinegar Tits - to snoop in, or summat.

Wiki page

Awards and respect in her native country. How obit worthy is she in the UK? I wouldn't want to predict it.

This is fairly old news, I know, but Sophie Anderton has clearly been slamming the ol' toot recently - as well as declaring her intentions to kill herself. With a lonely christmas in store, ANYTHING could happen. Although it's an outside bet, it's nice to see other celebs stepping up to challenge everybody's tired favourite Ms Winehouse.

:banghead:

Melissa Bell, 44, former lead singer of Soul II Soul, is "critically ill" as she awaits a suitable donor with kidneys and a pancreas to spare.

Her daughter is on that awful "X Factor" TV horror show, which will guarantee her pages of tabloid coverage should no donor be forthcoming.

Melissa Bell, 44, former lead singer of Soul II Soul, is "critically ill" as she awaits a suitable donor with kidneys and a pancreas to spare.

Her daughter is on that awful "X Factor" TV horror show, which will guarantee her pages of tabloid coverage should no donor be forthcoming.

Being the lead vocalist of Soul II Soul would guarentee her an obit regardless of her daughter being on the X Factor.

In 1990 Soul II Soul were listed in Vox magazine's 100 records that shook the world with "Back to Life"

I was wondering if Boy George would favour suicide over prison now he's been found guilty of chaining a rentboy to his bed. As sentencing is not till the middle of January, he might be worth a tout for early next year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7766624.stm

He's opted for the job as soap collector in the prison showers

I was wondering if Boy George would favour suicide over prison now he's been found guilty of chaining a rentboy to his bed. As sentencing is not till the middle of January, he might be worth a tout for early next year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7766624.stm

He's opted for the job as soap collector in the prison showers

Wel......bugger me!

Sunny von Bülow, a socialite and philanthropist, has been in a persistent vegetative state since 1980. The story is that her husband Clause, now 82, allegedly tried to kill her with an overdose of insulin. The trial gained massive coverage at the time and I think she will receive the qualified recognition. The BBC talks about her here.

Heiress Von Bulow is dead after being in a coma since 1980. She did receive the qualified recognition.

Zarganar, Burmese comedian, currently entertaining fellow inmates over a hefty helping of porridge. Probably going to survive 2009, but worth watching just in case....

Obit-worthy bassist, and undeground rock legend (or summat) Hugh Hopper is battling leukemia, benefit gig arranged at the 100 Club.

In June 2008 Hopper was diagnosed with leukemia and has been undergoing chemotherapy. As a result of his illness and the treatment, he has had to cancel all his concert appearances.[3] A Hugh Hopper benefit concert is scheduled to take place in December 2008 at the 100 Club in London and will feature In Cahoots, Soft Machine Legacy, Delta Sax Quartet, Sophia Domancich and Simon Louberg, and Alex Mcguire Quartet.[4]

That's a very interesting suggestion Mary..

The former PM of Nepal, Girija Prasad Koirala, has been hospitalized after being diagnosed with pneumonia. He was flown to Kathmandu so he could receive medical attention and his respiratory problems are recognized as nothing new. ;)

He'll survive for now.

Trinidad PM Patrick Manning has been diagnosed with kidney cancer. He'll undergo a very risky operation in a few days.

Other articles mention that he is suffering from a heart condition which increases the chance that he might not recover. I would have posted one of them but that's prohibited according to Trinidad's copywrite laws.

Those of you on the low-hanging fruit committee may be interested in knowing that Joseph Estrada's 103 year-old mother, who is been on a respirator since August 2007 is getting worse.

MANILA, Philippines - The 103-year-old mother of ousted President Joseph Estrada was rushed to the San Juan Medical Hospital Friday after it was discovered that her blood pressure had gone done.

:skull::)