Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

I think that soap actresses who are suffering from illnesses Wendy Richards (Pauline Fowler in Eastenders) and Liz Dawn (Vera Duckworth in Coronation Street) might pass away in 2009.

I would still pitch for Tony Hart (artist and television presenter) too.

Al Fayed is paying for Melissa Bell's dialysis machine

I think that soap actresses who are suffering from illnesses Wendy Richards (Pauline Fowler in Eastenders) and Liz Dawn (Vera Duckworth in Coronation Street) might pass away in 2009.

Wendy Richards is now reportedly not dying. In fact a lot of people think it was all a big put on to get publicity for her wedding. Yes she has cancer and yes it may well have re-occured but she is nowhere near the 'few weeks to live' status given in November. (Bet she'll die tomorrow now just to prove me wrong.)

Surely Prince Phillip must soon be an issue, he is looking very frail

True, but he has half a dozen flunkies looking after his every move. I reckon that being a senior royal is worth at least five years on top of a normal lifespan, all things considered.

I think if I had someone to take the stress out of wiping my arse I would be immortal!

Wendy Richards is now reportedly not dying. In fact a lot of people think it was all a big put on to get publicity for her wedding. Yes she has cancer and yes it may well have re-occured but she is nowhere near the 'few weeks to live' status given in November. (Bet she'll die tomorrow now just to prove me wrong.)

I think Wendy and Liz will still be around for a while . The skill is picking them in the correct year . Not sure 2009 is thar year . Tony H however is a different ball game....

I think Wendy and Liz will still be around for a while . The skill is picking them in the correct year . Not sure 2009 is thar year . Tony H however is a different ball game....

Yes, I'm starting to have doubts about Wendy Richard too...

The Rev. Fred L. Shuttlesworth, 85, renowned American civil rights leader who campaigned alongside Martin Luther King, is in intensive care after suffering a stroke. He was not in the best of health before his stroke, having been treated for a brain tumour in 2005.

He was very nearly killed by the Ku Klux Klan in 1956 (dynamite planted under his house) and again in 1957 (attacked by mob)

Fred Shuttlesworth is in intensive care again.

Neither the family or the hospital are confirming his current condition, but his wife said that the family is asking for everyone's prayers

The Rev. Fred L. Shuttlesworth, 85, renowned American civil rights leader who campaigned alongside Martin Luther King, is in intensive care after suffering a stroke. He was not in the best of health before his stroke, having been treated for a brain tumour in 2005.

He was very nearly killed by the Ku Klux Klan in 1956 (dynamite planted under his house) and again in 1957 (attacked by mob)

Neither the family or the hospital are confirming his current condition, but his wife said that the family is asking for everyone's prayers

Fred is a lock....of course I passed n DDP cause I'm not sure of obit

Peruvian Shamen looking out for Hugo Chavez.

"It was predicted that President-elect Obama would have a good start to 2009, but that Venezuela's leader Hugo Chavez would have a "quite a bit of desperation" this year."

It's not every day you get a tip-off from a South American witch doctor.

DWB :rolleyes:

For an outside bet, surely Jade Goody isworth a shot. After all, she is suffering from cancer.

Guest Afternoon Drambuie Drinker

News was received on the long weekend that Larry Gelbart, the prolific

comedy writer, director, and producer known most famously for M*A*S*H,

fell gravely ill just before the holidays from a massive stroke,

leaving him incapacitated. Sadly, doctors are telling kin that hopes

for a recovery are slim, and its probably a matter of weeks. His pals

Alan Alda and Woody Allen were among the first callers to hospital,

desperately in search of information. Larry’s last public appearance

was in Beverly Hills earlier this month when he finally received a

long-deserved due, being inducted into the Academy of Television Arts

and Sciences Hall of Fame. His many other credits include Sid Caesar’s

Show of Shows, Tootsie, Oh God, and Blame It On Rio in an award-

winning career spanning film, TV, and Broadway.

Larry Gelbart, who turned 80 last February, was also a contributing

blogger at Huffington Post, though that has been infrequent this year.

And he has not posted in a while on the alt.tv.mash Usenet group,

where he has always been a welcome and hilarious presence.

desperately in search of information. Larry's last public appearance

and Sciences Hall of Fame. His many other credits include Sid Caesar's

Please to be providing a source for this little tidbit. :rolleyes:

Peruvian Shamen looking out for Hugo Chavez.

"It was predicted that President-elect Obama would have a good start to 2009, but that Venezuela's leader Hugo Chavez would have a "quite a bit of desperation" this year."

It's not every day you get a tip-off from a South American witch doctor.

DWB :referee:

It would seem that the correct English is Peruvian Shamans - so says the BBC anyway.

DWB :rolleyes:

Gelbart's last post on alt.tv.mash appears to have been made at 11:08 this morning. Between this and the strange word use in the guest's post, I don't think this was originally released by even the most amateur of news organizations.

Although if one's going to create a deathwatch hoax in late December, kudos for choosing someone as obscure and unlikely as Larry Gelbart.

This would be a VERY long shot for 2009 and I'm sure we've had this discussion hereabouts before but:

Friend of a friend story and all that.....Richard Ashcroft's brief tabloid celebrity when the police were called to attend him rambling in a tired and emotional state, having crashed a local youth club and started mumbling to a bunch of bemused youngsters about being their new youth worker, was - supposedly - prompted by a visit to the doctor to view x-rays of his lungs. The medical sorts were far from impressed by a few shadows and the generally poor performance of the skinny one's breathing bags. Having reformed his band and seen them split again Mr Ashcroft is now - reportedly - back to smoking heavily.

Keep it up Richard!

This would be a VERY long shot for 2009 and I'm sure we've had this discussion hereabouts before but:

Friend of a friend story and all that.....Richard Ashcroft's brief tabloid celebrity when the police were called to attend him rambling in a tired and emotional state, having crashed a local youth club and started mumbling to a bunch of bemused youngsters about being their new youth worker, was - supposedly - prompted by a visit to the doctor to view x-rays of his lungs. The medical sorts were far from impressed by a few shadows and the generally poor performance of the skinny one's breathing bags. Having reformed his band and seen them split again Mr Ashcroft is now - reportedly - back to smoking heavily.

Keep it up Richard!

I believe that previous incident happened in a youth club in Chippenham, just up the road from me. I'd agree a long shot for 09, but who knows after that! And he looks like a spaniel.

how about Farrah Fawcett?

Although thinking about it, it may be too soon but I think she has potential.

I can't find an appropriate thread for this stupidity so I am putting it here so you all can see it. If someone knows of a thread for this sort of stuff please move it over. It caught my eye because of the 999 heading. Anyway, I had Lusardi down as one of the less dense (ex-)models, but I suppose once a page 3 girl, always a page 3 girl.

DWB :)

I can't find an appropriate thread for this stupidity so I am putting it here so you all can see it. If someone knows of a thread for this sort of stuff please move it over. It caught my eye because of the 999 heading. Anyway, I had Lusardi down as one of the less dense (ex-)models, but I suppose once a page 3 girl, always a page 3 girl.

That doesn't seem unreasonable. It was a panto and she is Linda Lusardi, the National Treasure. Think of the children.

Oh, and Farrah was discussed at the Committee meeting. Did she make it? We'll all just have to wait and find out.....

That doesn't seem unreasonable. It was a panto and she is Linda Lusardi, the National Treasure. Think of the children.

Oh, and Farrah was discussed at the Committee meeting. Did she make it? We'll all just have to wait and find out.....

Oh no she didn't!!!

What a tease....

desperately in search of information. Larry’s last public appearance

and Sciences Hall of Fame. His many other credits include Sid Caesar’s

Gelbart's last post on alt.tv.mash appears to have been made at 11:08 this morning. Between this and the strange word use in the guest's post, I don't think this was originally released by even the most amateur of news organizations.

Although if one's going to create a deathwatch hoax in late December, kudos for choosing someone as obscure and unlikely as Larry Gelbart.

The hoax, which didn't originate on DL, has made the papers.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/culturemon...y-gelbarts.html

Recovering nicely