Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

P J O'Rourke has been diagnosed with cancer, but it's not too serious, so he says anyway...

Monique Barro, by the sound of the look of the spamming she gave me this morning:

DEAR FRIEND,

GREETING IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST. I AM MRSMONIQUE BARRO, A WIDOW TO LATE WILLIAMS BARRO. I AM 65 YEARS OLD,I AM ANEW CHRISTAIN CONVERT, SUFFERING FROM LONG TIME CANCER OF THE BREAST,FROM ALL INDICATION MY CONDITIONS IS REALLY DETERIORATING AND IT ISQUITE OBVIOUS THAT I WON'T LIVE MORE THAN SIX MONTHS, ACCORDING TO MYDOCTORS, THIS IS BECAUSE THE CANCER STAGE HAS GOTTEN TO A VERY BADSTAGE.MY LATE HUSBAND WAS KILLED DURING THE COTE'D IVORE CIVIL WAR, AND DURINGTHE PERIOD OF OUR MARRIAGE WE COULD'NT PRODUCE ANY CHILD. MY LATEHUSBAND WAS VERY WEALTHY AND AFTER HIS DEATH, I INHERITED ALL HISBUSINESS AND WEALTH.

THE DOCTORS HAS ADVISED ME THAT I MAY NOT LIVEFOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS, SO I NOW DECIDED TO DEVIDE THE PART OF THISWEALTH,TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHRIST CHURCHS AROUND THEGLOBE. I SELECTED YOU AFTER VISITING THE INTERNET AND I PRAYED OVER IT.IAM WILLING TO DONATE THE SUM OF $5,000.000.00 U.S DOLLARS, TO THE LESSPRIVILEGED. PLEASE I WANT YOU TO NOTE THAT THIS FUND IS LYING IN ANINTERNATIONAL BANK.

I HONESTLY PRAY THAT THIS MONEY, WHENTRANSFERREDWILL BE USED FOR THE SAID PURPOSE, BECAUSE I HAVE COME TOFIND OUT THATWEALTH ACQUISITION WITHOUT CHRIST IS VANITY. MAY THE GRACE OF OUR LORDJESUS THE LOVE OF GOD AND THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE HOLY SPRITE BE WITH YOUAND YOUR FAMILY; I AWAIT YOUR URGENT REPLY.

YOURS IN CHRIST.

MRSMONIQUE BARRO,

Monique Barro, by the sound of the look of the spamming she gave me this morning:

DEAR FRIEND,

GREETING IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST. I AM MRSMONIQUE BARRO, A WIDOW TO LATE WILLIAMS BARRO. I AM 65 YEARS OLD,I AM ANEW CHRISTAIN CONVERT, SUFFERING FROM LONG TIME CANCER OF THE BREAST,FROM ALL INDICATION MY CONDITIONS IS REALLY DETERIORATING AND IT ISQUITE OBVIOUS THAT I WON'T LIVE MORE THAN SIX MONTHS, ACCORDING TO MYDOCTORS, THIS IS BECAUSE THE CANCER STAGE HAS GOTTEN TO A VERY BADSTAGE.MY LATE HUSBAND WAS KILLED DURING THE COTE'D IVORE CIVIL WAR, AND DURINGTHE PERIOD OF OUR MARRIAGE WE COULD'NT PRODUCE ANY CHILD. MY LATEHUSBAND WAS VERY WEALTHY AND AFTER HIS DEATH, I INHERITED ALL HISBUSINESS AND WEALTH.

THE DOCTORS HAS ADVISED ME THAT I MAY NOT LIVEFOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS, SO I NOW DECIDED TO DEVIDE THE PART OF THISWEALTH,TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHRIST CHURCHS AROUND THEGLOBE. I SELECTED YOU AFTER VISITING THE INTERNET AND I PRAYED OVER IT.IAM WILLING TO DONATE THE SUM OF $5,000.000.00 U.S DOLLARS, TO THE LESSPRIVILEGED. PLEASE I WANT YOU TO NOTE THAT THIS FUND IS LYING IN ANINTERNATIONAL BANK.

I HONESTLY PRAY THAT THIS MONEY, WHENTRANSFERREDWILL BE USED FOR THE SAID PURPOSE, BECAUSE I HAVE COME TOFIND OUT THATWEALTH ACQUISITION WITHOUT CHRIST IS VANITY. MAY THE GRACE OF OUR LORDJESUS THE LOVE OF GOD AND THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE HOLY SPRITE BE WITH YOUAND YOUR FAMILY; I AWAIT YOUR URGENT REPLY.

YOURS IN CHRIST.

MRSMONIQUE BARRO,

I think I know who wrote that...

4203889533a5613998047l.jpg

I'AM WILLING TO DONATE THE SUM OF $5,000.000.00 U.S DOLLARS, TO THE LESSPRIVILEGED. PLEASE I WANT YOU TO NOTE THAT THIS FUND IS LYING IN AN INTERNATIONAL BANK.

YOURS IN CHRIST.

MRSMONIQUE BARRO,

I hope she hasn't been as dumb as all those British local authorities and stuck it in an Icelandic bank.

I did wonder about him for the coming year and won't be surprised if he's picked in some of the last minute entries. His father too must be a contender.

I'd reckon his father is far more likely to follow the Bhutto trait of early death - judging by comments on the BBC site and elsewhere, the vast majority see Bilawal as just a kid but are disparaging about Zardari. Either way, I personally think Musharraf is more of a likely target.

As for youngsters, I thought all bets were off for Amy Winehouse. Far more unstable than Britney Spears.

Otherwise, all the usuals will remain on the list apart from those that die. Other people will become ill and thus be deemed dead certs for 2009. The odd person will surprise us all. Chinese Democracy still won't be released, and Kate Bush is more likely to tour than Clive Dunn is to die.

Looks like at least one of VT's predictions is being shattered

Chinese Whispers

*heads off to queue for Kate Bush tickets*

Joe Cook, 85, the leader of Little Joe Cook And The Thrillers, is suffering from colon cancer. I'm not sure he's famous enough to get a UK obit, but you never can tell.

Here's his best known song, Peanuts, which went to No 7 on the Billboard charts in 1957. I like it.

According to the Wikipedia page of UK based Jamican musician, Alton Ellis, he is suffering from lymphatic cancer. He's a pioneer of rocksteady music, which later evolved in to reggae.

Wikipedia and blogs claim he's dead. http://radiosunflow.blogspot.com/2008/10/a...y-sad-news.html

BBC Link

I'AM WILLING TO DONATE THE SUM OF $5,000.000.00 U.S DOLLARS, TO THE LESS PRIVILEGED. PLEASE I WANT YOU TO NOTE THAT I AM LYING.

YOURS IN CHRIST.

MRSMONIQUE BARRO,

Samak Sundaravej, the former Prime Minister of Thailand, is thought to be suffering from liver cancer.

Obit????

Samak Sundaravej, the former Prime Minister of Thailand, is thought to be suffering from liver cancer.

Obit????

Well, he'll need to die first. Then he should get one.

Obit????

Well, he'll need to die first. Then he should get one.

Funny....I like your Newman quote too. I'm just warry of a former PM of Thailand getting an Obit.

Looks like at least one of VT's predictions is being shattered

Chinese Whispers

*heads off to queue for Kate Bush tickets*

We'll see. It's had adverts in the press before and even Axl and co touring in support of it a few years back and it still didn't get released. I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not holding my breath.

Why not go for the Guinness breath-holding record? Big breaths, Vinegar Tits.... :rolleyes:

Kay Burley, obit no probs, since Sky News would make a big fuss.

James Bevel, a civil rights activist who worked alongside Martin Luther King, is suffering from terminal pancreatic cancer and has been given six weeks to six months to live. He has just been convicted of child sex offences and was given a fifteen year jail sentence.

We know that the defendant is dying," said Prosecutor Gigi Lawless. "Everyone dies. This defendant should die in jail."

Guest Nick

I would suggest Robert Mugabe, he is surprisingly old and with the continued collapse of his country, it might be time for him to go in more than one sense.

Continuing the world leader theme, Kim Jung Il might be an idea as well!

Guest I Munches Dead

Not to beat a horse that I'm pretty sure is already dead with my ideas (irony of that statement makes me smile).

Ted Kennedy - With the brain cancer and what not He's not long for the world.

John McCain - I just have a feeling on this on, Old age and a history of skin cancer add to the hunch.

Dick Cheney - His deal with Satan for extended life is almost done for, Is heart is failing and again he is just plain old.

Queen Elizabeth II - She can't keep going much long can she?

Guest joe P

George Steinbrenner is looking very ols and frail...2009 may be his time.

Queen Elizabeth II - She can't keep going much long can she?

The woman sent a telegram to her own mother on her 100th birthday. 82 to the likes of people with genes like that is nowt.