Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

Coule her initials be NC?

That's who I'm thinking of too (if you mean Natalie Cole that is)

Ah....N and Big C...

We've discussed her before. Prolonged drug abuse has left some hepatitis and organ damage. Hmmm, a lethal combination of she's battling cancer too.

The fomer leader of Taiwan, Chen Shui Bian has been hospitalized (yes, that's the correct English spelling according to the OED) whilst on hunger strike. It's just a cry for help.

Michael Donovan, a latecomer in a race in which Ian Huntley and his ilk have long vanished into the lead. But this guy appears to have the ability to wind up some excitable types.......you never know.

Michael Donovan, a latecomer in a race in which Ian Huntley and his ilk have long vanished into the lead. But this guy appears to have the ability to wind up some excitable types.......you never know.

That picture of him just says "nutter" doesn't it?

Torquay United defender and former Exeter City captain Chris Todd, 27, has been diagnosed with leukeamia.

Can anyone confirm or deny the rumours that Gordon Burns has something quite nasty at the moment?

Can anyone confirm or deny the rumours that Gordon Burns has something quite nasty at the moment?

Which one, the writer or the Krypton Factor bloke?

Which one, the writer or the Krypton Factor bloke?

Krypton Factor/Northwest tonight chap

My mighty local rag, the Uxbridge Gazette reports that Winona Ryder has been taken to Hillingdon Hospital after landing at Heathrow on a flight from LA. No other details thus far.

DWB :D

My mighty local rag, the Uxbridge Gazette reports that Winona Ryder has been taken to Hillingdon Hospital after landing at Heathrow on a flight from LA. No other details thus far.

DWB :D

On the BBC it says she was discharged a few hours later.

Link

I'm guessing James Bevel will get an obit as and when, whaddya reckon? Kiddy fiddler or not, this is a fairly substantial bio, right?

Former WBC Super Featherweight Champion Genaro Hernandez, 42, has been diagnosed with "a rare form" of cancer. This boxing forum says he's suffering from stage four cancer of the head and neck.

Former WBC Super Featherweight Champion Genaro Hernandez, 42, has been diagnosed with "a rare form" of cancer. This boxing forum says he's suffering from stage four cancer of the head and neck.

How many stages are there? If there are five, he's on the ropes but if there are 10, well he might just go the distance.

How do you do it DDT?

If God was feeling peaky, you'd know about it!

A True Deadpooling Hero.... <_<

How many stages are there? If there are five, he's on the ropes but if there are 10, well he might just go the distance.
Err..championship contests were a cause of consternation back in the 80s (ie 12 or 15 rounds), causing various breakway versions of boxing organisations. Twelve rounds is the norm, methinks. <_<

Noted. He's another bold choice as far as that qualified recognition goes. It would really make the selection process easier if this upcoming news week could provide some difference-making obituaries. I'm reaching my limit as I have an overload of valuable names for next year. A very productive news week would seal the deal but we have time yet.

Noted. He's another bold choice as far as that qualified recognition goes. It would really make the selection process easier if this upcoming news week could provide some difference-making obituaries. I'm reaching my limit as I have an overload of valuable names for next year. A very productive news week would seal the deal but we have time yet.

Yes there seems to be a particularly rich crop of 40/50 somethings in health difficulties. It's likely that they're not all going to go in 2009 and some will hang on. But I'm not going to ambulance chase too much on my list. Just a matter of making the right judgement. In Mr Hernadez's case, stage 4 sounds pretty advanced to me, but you don't know how long this process may take. Because it's a 'rare' cancer, doesn't mean its not untreatable...

This link is one of a growing number revving up the mob hell-bent on vigilante justice in memory of Baby B. I'm mindful of the fact that notorious killers find it harder to hide in the internet age. In fact, when Robert Thompson, one of the killers of Jamie Bulger, renamed and with help to protect his anonymity, worked briefly in Carlisle he was outed very quickly on a football message board and out of town on the same day.

I'd say Baby P's mum will have hell in jail but will survive. Wouldn't want to bet on it, mind.

This link is one of a growing number revving up the mob hell-bent on vigilante justice in memory of Baby B. I'm mindful of the fact that notorious killers find it harder to hide in the internet age. In fact, when Robert Thompson, one of the killers of Jamie Bulger, renamed and with help to protect his anonymity, worked briefly in Carlisle he was outed very quickly on a football message board and out of town on the same day.

I'd say Baby P's mum will have hell in jail but will survive. Wouldn't want to bet on it, mind.

If this report is true why weren't the full details and nature of the baby's injuries revealed in the mainstream media? Was there some editorial judgement that members of the public could not stomach the details? I'm still not sure why the names weren't published.

If this report is true why weren't the full details and nature of the baby's injuries revealed in the mainstream media? Was there some editorial judgement that members of the public could not stomach the details? I'm still not sure why the names weren't published.

The names of the offenders weren't published as the guilty trio are supposed to be going on trial next year for the abuse of Baby P's sibling, who survived their attentions. However the leak of their names in to the public domain may be seen as prejudicial to a future trial, as well as compromising the identity of the child who lived.

The names of the offenders weren't published as the guilty trio are supposed to be going on trial next year for the abuse of Baby P's sibling, who survived their attentions. However the leak of their names in to the public domain may be seen as prejudicial to a future trial, as well as compromising the identity of the child who lived.

Which is exactly what these f*****g morons setting up Facebook groups etc don't understand - they are not helping at all. Don't get me wrong, I am certainly NOT defending the utterly despicable and evil actions of these people, but I am sick to the back teeth of being bombarded with 'join this group' emails calling for them to be hanged, burnt, castrated etc etc - I actually find it quite worrying that these groups can be set up, featuring pictures and personal details of these people, seemingly without any sort of regulation. You seem to be able to set up a group about anything, naming anyone. Surely if the law decreed that their identities should be kept secret, those publishing the details on the internet are in contempt of court?

Fair points all Lardy and well argued, though one group of people they do help are deadpoolers, cos at least we know who to nominate if we're that way inclined.

I think the problem with getting at these groups is that web sites can be registered outside a specific jurisdiction and therefore out of the reach of the courts. I didn't know there was another trial. It's a pity they couldn't have dealt with them all at the same time. Still, not every potential juror surfs the web. I wouldn't have seen this stuff without MPFC's link.

Another thing - the assumption that prior exposure prejudices a trial is based on the patronising belief (among the judiciary) that jurors cannot be trusted to try a case on the facts before them and those facts alone. This does not, incidentally, apply to appeal court judges who are deemed to be incorruptible in this respect and therefore incapable of contempt.