Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

The Rev. Fred L. Shuttlesworth, 85, renowned American civil rights leader who campaigned alongside Martin Luther King, is in intensive care after suffering a stroke. He was not in the best of health before his stroke, having been treated for a brain tumour in 2005.

He was very nearly killed by the Ku Klux Klan in 1956 (dynamite planted under his house) and again in 1957 (attacked by mob)

Fred Shuttlesworth is in intensive care again.

Neither the family or the hospital are confirming his current condition, but his wife said that the family is asking for everyone's prayers

Good for him...if you believe in God...I think he will end up in a better place then Mr. Bevel. :skill2:

Recovering nicely

This is my first post, so hello to everyone and here's hoping for a successful year! My predictions for 2009 are - Margaret Thatcher, Doris Day and Peaches Geldolf. Would welcome some expert opinions.

This is my first post, so hello to everyone and here's hoping for a successful year! My predictions for 2009 are - Margaret Thatcher, Doris Day and Peaches Geldolf. Would welcome some expert opinions.

You've got approximately 7 1/2 hrs to enter the Derby Deadpool! Pick 20 names and 1 sub...

Here's a link

And good luck! :skill2:

Fajar Taslim and Stephen Obioha, a pair of death row Jethros. You've gotta feel for Obioha who went to Singapore to try out as a professional footballer and got caught with a fair stash of weed. It would have been a fine or a short sentence in some places, but Singapore.....

Incidentally I've seen Obioha's age reported in today's Observer as 29, mebbe the sentence aged him badly.

A great pick who's just entered our Death League is NCAA President Myles Brand. Although not well known outside the United States, he's a blue chip prospect. He has pancreatic cancer and says of himself, the prognosis is "not good".

A great pick who's just entered our Death League is NCAA President Myles Brand. Although not well known outside the United States, he's a blue chip prospect. He has pancreatic cancer and says of himself, the prognosis is "not good".

Obit chances?

We ought to close this thread as this is more for I & P 2010...