Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Assassination attempt on Maumoon Abdul Gayoom foiled. Wonder if anyone has ever heard of him. President of the Maldives. Could have been a surprise pick.

George Moore OBE, 84, Australia's finest ever jockey, who rode the winning horse in The Derby in 1967, is gravely ill.

UK obit assured, but he'll really have to show some staying power to get to 2008.

Dead :rolleyes:

So George Moore showed some staying power after all 'lasting just over a week into January' and to sum it up his efforts are no doubt good enough for me.

O and Dr. Pramod Karan Sethi the inventor of the low-cost 'artificial foot' died of Cardiac arrest a few days ago. The artificial product was commonly made up of plastic pipes -blocks of wood and rubber and strips of leather. All under 30$!

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hW8vLVN...Y78w8AD8U1IQPO1

George Moore OBE, 84, Australia's finest ever jockey, who rode the winning horse in The Derby in 1967, is gravely ill.

UK obit assured, but he'll really have to show some staying power to get to 2008.

Dead :skull:

Now just to garner that assured UK obit, unlike most of the Aussies last year... :skull:

Result!!!!! 1st hit on the HDP worth (probably) 25 luverly points :skull:

A shocking DDP miss for this team!

How perverse, talk about not sticking the dough on the favourite!

Moore was a very late addition to my team, at the expense of Edwin Morgan. I think I made the right decision...:skull:

A shocking DDP miss for this team!

How perverse, talk about not sticking the dough on the favourite!

Moore was a very late addition to my team, at the expense of Edwin Morgan. I think I made the right decision...:skull:

He was a late addition on my team as well. I dropped Shih Ming-Teh to make room for him :)

Does that technically mean he was unseated at the final hurdle? (Or is that a "George Michael euphamism"???)

Happy New Year one and all (except those on the list, obviously)

Me too; I even dropped the same person. :skull:

Natasha Collins has bought it in the bath, suspected drug overdose...Police are busy fitting up her boyfriend Mark Speight, I mean..."conducting their enquiries". Mark, now in line for a sympathy suicide, has appeared on "Heaven and Earth" during his presenting career. Perhaps he'll be returning shortly?

do you think the police will send back the chalk line and pictures or will they keep them like they did in the old days with tony hart. (providing he is innocent of course)

TMIB started 2007's DDP well, but failed to get an obit for John Smyth. No matter, TMIB has started 2008 well as well.

George Moore is already known about, but Rowan Ayers who has also died is an unique pick for him.

Thankfully, I looked at the Times on the off-chance whilst doing the latest update so I might just be able to get the new scores up tonight with luck.

TMIB started 2007's DDP well, but failed to get an obit for John Smyth. No matter, TMIB has started 2008 well as well.

George Moore is already known about, but Rowan Ayers who has also died is an unique pick for him.

Thankfully, I looked at the Times on the off-chance whilst doing the latest update so I might just be able to get the new scores up tonight with luck.

F.U.C.K.I.N.G. H.E.L.L.

That was sheer bloody luck people! I'll tell you a story. I came across Rowan Ayers on Wikipedia (or something) because of his son, Kevin, of which I'm a big fan. Saw that he was this maverick producer of Late Night Line Up and thought 'He'll get an obit' and snaffled it under my stetson. I had no idea he was ill, but he was old (late 80s) and I was looking for someone that was late 80s rather than early 90s, because it would be one more point and there was a few deaths last year (Smith, Bergman) of the late 80s variety. He nearly didn't make it at all, but that's another story...I came across this Australian podcast (I'll post the link later) which was an interview from 2006 and he sounded a really interesting guy, so in he went...

Interview from 2006 (about half-way through)

F.U.C.K.I.N.G. H.E.L.L.

That was sheer bloody luck people! I'll tell you a story. I came across Rowan Ayers on Wikipedia (or something) because of his son, Kevin, of which I'm a big fan. Saw that he was this maverick producer of Late Night Line Up and thought 'He'll get an obit' and snaffled it under my stetson. I had no idea he was ill, but he was old (late 80s) and I was looking for someone that was late 80s rather than early 90s, because it would be one more point and there was a few deaths last year (Smith, Bergman) of the late 80s variety. He nearly didn't make it at all, but that's another story...I came across this Australian podcast (I'll post the link later) which was an interview from 2006 and he sounded a really interesting guy, so in he went...

So TMIB. Tell us how it felt when you knew Rowan Ayers had died? What were you doing at that very moment? Has it changed your life? Can you still get around the supermarket without being recognised?

Johnny Grant honoury mayor of Hollywood has died at the age of 84

Businessman Sir John Harvey Jones has died. Seems he was a high flyer at ICI.

link

Further edit- sorry LB

Edited by heaven can wait

Jump jockey Bobby Beasley, who rode Nicolaus Silver to victory in the Grand National in 1961 ("the only grey to triumph in the race last century") has died aged 72.

Cut & Paste from BBC on-line.

Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to climb the world's highest mountain, Mount Everest, has died aged 88.

New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark described the explorer as a heroic figure and said all New Zealanders would deeply mourn his passing.

Sir Edmund's health had reportedly been in decline since April, when he suffered a fall while visiting Nepal.

He was the first man to climb the 8,850m (29,035ft) peak with Sherpa Tenzing Norgay on 29 May 1953.

Dave Day of legendary 60's punks The Monks is dead.

Yeah, this may be a bit Iain / Dave in its obscurity, but they were one of the finest, weirdest loudest bands ever to exist. 5 American GI's stationed in West Germany, they played with violence, anger and pure nasty attitude. Check out their (only?) proper album if you ever get a chance.

Cut & Paste from BBC on-line.

Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to climb the world's highest mountain, Mount Everest, has died aged 88.

New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark described the explorer as a heroic figure and said all New Zealanders would deeply mourn his passing.

Sir Edmund's health had reportedly been in decline since April, when he suffered a fall while visiting Nepal.

He was the first man to climb the 8,850m (29,035ft) peak with Sherpa Tenzing Norgay on 29 May 1953.

Bugger it. TMIB has got another and Miser and so has the DL.

F.U.C.K.I.N.G. H.E.L.L.

So TMIB. Tell us how it felt when you knew Rowan Ayers had died? What were you doing at that very moment? Has it changed your life? Can you still get around the supermarket without being recognised?

I'll be on the cover of the Sunday Times Supplement before you can say meimnotjealous! ;)

Rod Allen lead vocalist for The Fortunes has died at the age of 63 from liver cancer.