Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Guest Guest_dave_*

Agraphobic Duncan Gibb has been found dead after leaving his house for the first time in 31 years.Maybe he was right to stay indoors after all!

How come octopus is allowed to post personal obituaries-I bet none of the rest of us are!

He generally doesn't post crap.......................... you on the other hand, do!!!! See previous post, In what way was he famous?

How come octopus is allowed to post personal obituaries-I bet none of the rest of us are!

Everyone is allowed to (whether they choose to or not is another matter) but you.

This is because:

1) You have no friends so you can't post their deaths

2) You are still banned for posting shite.

I could give you a well-defined argument for doing so, complete with full explanations, diagrams, discussions & rationale. All this would go over your head as your brain is the size of a Munchkin-sized flea on a Munchkin, and be a complete waste of my time and would only cause needless repetitive strain injury typing it, so I'll simply say to your riposte of "WHY?". Well, dear boy, because I can!

I make no apologies for Fred's posting - it was lead news around my way & he has nearly 900 people coming to his funeral for a life well lived, serving his local community. Everything a human being should be. You, of course, are the polar opposite.

To everyone else, further apologies. As it has been so long since I've had a rant against Iain, clearly one rant is not enough to satisfy me - I think two will do now as I have more important things to do than deal with this creature of the stupid.

HCW, I don't generally post crap? Oh good! I am so glad to see that the odd craptacular post still exists in my repartoire!

Anyway, to make this a non post-whoring post - Zhang Hanzhi, who started life the illegal daughter of a shop assistant, and later rose to be on Mao Tse Tung's right hand side in discussions between him & Richard Nixon, has died.

Finally, I think any hope MPFC had of a Wittman obit has more or less ended with Habash, Brando & Suharto filling the news pages for another good two or three days.

First DDP hit for VSBfromH - also mentioned previously on here, Evelyn Barbirolli, nee Rothwell, oboist & widow of Sir John - Telegraph Obit

I was doing some updates for the DDP at the time, so went looking for anything new, and lo & behold, she's gone, at the grand old age of 97. Well done to VSBfromH!

Heavens! I should have had a lucky dip on the lottery tonight! Still, the dear lady was 97, bless her. I'm feeling quite smug looking at my sudden surge up the DDP table. I'm sure it won't last!

Genuinely sad that she won't be around for the Hallé's 150th birthday celebrations next week. I'm sure she'll get a well-deserved mention. :party:

Congratulations VSBfH! You don't know how close you came to missing that Unique Pick status on this one! In the end I put her in my eicdp list instead so I'll get a few extra points there, probably.

Sorry to see the old lady go, though. Not many left like her!

[Dear Mod,

This should really go in the DDP thread, so please move it if you feel inclined to do so.]

Wittman is fielded by:

Carkers Convention 2008

Ethnic Cleansing

Kackers United

The Dead Rancid Corpses

Tonight Matthew I'm Going To Be Badly-Torn Boy

Wormer, He's a Dead Man! Marmalard, Dead! Niedermeyer...

With Kackers offering the man up as a joker. It's looking bleak. Then again, someone might write an article on Canadian sports for the Sports magazine of The Observer, or summat and give us the all-important 'mention' required for scoring. 11 months to go....

HCW, I don't generally post crap? Oh good! I am so glad to see that the odd craptacular post still exists in my repartoire!

Sorry Octo, I didn't mean that to come out as a negative. :party:

Sorry Octo, I didn't mean that to come out as a negative. :party:

Nah, that's fine, I knew what you meant. I, however, would be very disappointed if all my posts were non-crap. It would mean I had failed one of the unwritten rules of DL. (unwritten rule 144a, subsection 7S (i), if I recall correctly).

Anyway, to make this a non post-whoring post - Zhang Hanzhi, who started life the illegal daughter of a shop assistant, and later rose to be on Mao Tse Tung's right hand side in discussions between him & Richard Nixon, has died.

An illegal daughter? Abandoned, certainly, but illegal?

Illegitimate?

But now in China, quite possibly also illegal.

An illegal daughter? Abandoned, certainly, but illegal?

Cyprian Ekwensi brought 'world acclaim to Nigerian literature' apparently. Be honest, how many of us worldly DL'ers known next to nowt about Cyprian?

Discussed at the committee meeting but discounted because no one had heard of him, other than he was about to die

Would you have heard of Elizabeth Edwards if she wasn't sick? Can you name many of the other candidate's spouses except of course old Bill.

Discussed at the committee meeting but discounted because no one had heard of him, other than he was about to die

Would you have heard of Elizabeth Edwards if she wasn't sick? Can you name many of the other candidate's spouses except of course old Bill.

The answer is yes.

Not only is she the spouse of John Edwards, but is also a key member of his campaign team for the Democrat nomination.

She is also more well known in the US, as are the other spouses.

Although Christodoulos is famous in Greece, that is really as far as his influence goes.

The answer is yes.

Not only is she the spouse of John Edwards, but is also a key member of his campaign team for the Democrat nomination.

She is also more well known in the US, as are the other spouses.

Although Christodoulos is famous in Greece, that is really as far as his influence goes.

I'm from the US and I couldn't name Obama's wife, McCain's wife or Romney's wife. I know Elizabeth Edwards because she has breast cancer. But she will get an obit so its still worth a pick. In my US pool, they have a fame rule against people famous for who they are related to and people famous just for being sick so they explicitly disallowed Pausch and Edwards.

of course, there's Mrs Obama, Mrs Kucinich, Mrs Romney and the other one that no-one really remembers :rolleyes:

Guest Guest_dave_*
Margaret Truman Daniel ,author and only child of former Pres Harry Truman (and oldest surviving child of any amnerican president) has died at 81

Guest guest
Margaret Truman Daniel ,author and only child of former Pres Harry Truman (and oldest surviving child of any amnerican president) has died at 81

What about John Eisenhower, son of Dwight D. Eisenhower?

He is 85.

However, his funeral, to which I intend going next week will be a happy affair, a celebration - just as the one I visited today, that of my cousin, Maurice Wilkes was as well. :rolleyes: Maurice, you were a great guy.

Ah .. Cheltenham crematorium, home to Brian Jones

Guest B203EA

He is 85.

make that 2nd oldest then... :rolleyes:

He is 85.

make that 2nd oldest then... :rolleyes:

strange how the headline reads Truman's daughter dies at 83

Habash Guardian obit, a lesson in objectivity, or summat.

Guest Guest
Ah .. Cheltenham crematorium, home to Brian Jones

and George Stevens, the great horse racing jockey.Full List And my Grandma, Elsie.

All the greats, all under one roof (of sorts)