Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Rick Stein's wine merchant pal Bill Baker has died aged 53. He featured a number of times on Rick's various programs and gained infamy "after he suggested Rick add some wheels and a motor to Chalky when the dog died".

Looking at the size of the guy, he was obviously something of a ticking time-bomb!

Go get him, Chalky!

Broadcaster, writer, humourist and journalist Miles Kington has died aged 66.

A well known face on TV a few years back, though not seen much recently. He wrote a column in the "Independent", the last of which was printed in yesterday's edition.

He was a renowned authority on jazz. He always appeared to have a very cheery outlook on life, so will be sadly missed I'm sure.

Guest Guest_dave_*

I think I should mention the death of Thomas Cecil Gray who was the pioneer of modern anasthetic techniques.I think that makes him a fairly significant figure

A well known face on TV a few years back, though not seen much recently. He wrote a column in the "Independent", the last of which was printed in yesterday's edition.

He was a renowned authority on jazz. He always appeared to have a very cheery outlook on life, so will be sadly missed I'm sure.

One of the forerunners for the "80 Days Around the World", eventually taken up by Michael Palin, to huge success. I think Kington would probably have been just as enjoyable.

A great shame - we're losing too many of the likes of him early whilst boring old fossils or idiots continue to roam the earth.

One of the forerunners for the "80 Days Around the World", eventually taken up by Michael Palin, to huge success. I think Kington would probably have been just as enjoyable.

A great shame - we're losing too many of the likes of him early whilst boring old fossils or idiots continue to roam the earth.

For my money the best columnist of the 80s well ahead of Alan Coren.

I think I should mention the death of Thomas Cecil Gray who was the pioneer of modern anasthetic techniques.

Posts like this put me to sleep.....

Guest Guest_dave_*

Im happy to confirm that Chris Moyles is not Stalins adopted son.This man ,however,was My apologies for that faux pas

Guest removalman
Kenyan athlete Lucas Sang, who represented his country at the 1988 Olympics, has been hacked to death by a group of machete wielding political protestors.

not that fast a runner then <_<

Abu Laith al-Libi one of the senior al-Qaeda leader in Afghanistan has been reportedly killed

Guest Guest_dave_*
Abu Laith al-Libi one of the senior al-Qaeda leader in Afghanistan has been reportedly killed

thats a massive victory for Bush.Biggest breakthrough in Afghanistan since the fall of the Talibasn

French actress Madeleine Milhaud is dead. She was the widow of widow of composer Darius Milhaud.

Heard this on Radio 3 driving to work. She would have been 106 in March, so makes Lady Barbirolli look like a spring chicken!

French actress Madeleine Milhaud is dead. She was the widow of composer Darius Milhaud.

You waited 5 months to post that?

Well, she wasn't dead 5 months ago.

<_< Is that Tony Hancock? Amusing anyway.

Labour MP John Gunnel is dead

I think we have been through this before.

There is a difference between an 'MP' and a 'former MP'.

You got me all excited at the prospect of a by-election there... <_<

Guest Guest_dave_*
Labour MP John Gunnel is dead

I think we have been through this before.

There is a difference between an 'MP' and a 'former MP'.

You got me all excited at the prospect of a by-election there... <_<

Sorry.I didnt realise there was that big a difference.So they have an election when an MP dies.Interesting :unsure: