Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Alex Salmond is supposed to be on campus at Aberdeen University today.

Watch this space...

When can we look away?

You can look away now.

There were no adoring crowds following him around so I had no idea where about on campus he was. He isn't too popular in this University.

regards

Windsor the failled assassin.

I was watching for you Windsor,

Mr Salmond was live on STV (and as I voted for him I wanted to see what he had to say) about 5.35 p.m., never saw your pink hat in the background, I assume the Uni security services know you well :party: .

Having chosen him to lead our country, how do you feel now that he is threatening to resign?

Damn the Scottish Labour Party and Wendy Alexander! He must be hoping that his budget fails. A snap election will give him a greater lead. The smelly fat bastard!

He died 21 minutes earlier in his own thread. :party:

He died 21 minutes earlier in his own thread. :unsure:

I didn't realise he had his own thread <_< oh well :party::P

He died 21 minutes earlier in his own thread. :unsure:

I didn't realise he had his own thread <_< oh well :party::P

Chill

He's died in many places at once, the way he'd have wanted his death to be. Or summat.

Verita Thompson, who was Humphrey Bogart's mistress for 20 years, has died aged 92.

"According to sources, Bogart gave Thompson one of his hair pieces before he died - and she kept the toupee by her bedside until her death" :party:

Verita Thompson, who was Humphrey Bogart's mistress for 20 years, has died aged 92.

"According to sources, Bogart gave Thompson one of his hair pieces before he died - and she kept the toupee by her bedside until her death" :party:

So he was going behind Lauren Bacall's back? Some people are spoilt! <_<

Major Tony Rolt MC, Pre-war motor racer, winner of the Military Cross for his role in action around Calais in 1940, escaper from German PoW camps, mastermind behind the glider which the PoWs designed and built for an escape attempt from Colditz Castle, co-winner of Le Mans 1953, head of Harry Ferguson Research, developers of automotive four-wheel drive systems, constructor of the only 4WD car ever to win a Formula 1 race, and the last surviving starter of the very first Grand Prix, has died, this morning, aged 89, at Stratford-upon-Avon, I have been told by a friend of the family.

This is desperately sad news for motor sport & a real piece of history gone. He had been very ill for some years, so this was very much expected.

When an obituary comes (as it will, without a shadow of a doubt), it will be an unique hit for "It's Worse than that, he's Dead, Jim!" on the DDP. He was originally my pick, back in 2006, but I thought Arundell would be a better bet. Again, I remain on 0.

However, to be honest, I wouldn't have taken any pleasure from this hit. A true pleasure to have met such an amazing man. RIP Tony. :party:

Major Tony Rolt MC, Pre-war motor racer, winner of the Military Cross for his role in action around Calais in 1940, escaper from German PoW camps, mastermind behind the glider which the PoWs designed and built for an escape attempt from Colditz Castle, co-winner of Le Mans 1953, head of Harry Ferguson Research, developers of automotive four-wheel drive systems, constructor of the only 4WD car ever to win a Formula 1 race, and the last surviving starter of the very first Grand Prix, has died, this morning, aged 89, at Stratford-upon-Avon, I have been told by a friend of the family.

This is desperately sad news for motor sport & a real piece of history gone. He had been very ill for some years, so this was very much expected.

When an obituary comes (as it will, without a shadow of a doubt), it will be an unique hit for "It's Worse than that, he's Dead, Jim!" on the DDP. He was originally my pick, back in 2006, but I thought Arundell would be a better bet. Again, I remain on 0.

However, to be honest, I wouldn't have taken any pleasure from this hit. A true pleasure to have met such an amazing man. RIP Tony. :party:

You're not having much luck are yer.....<_<

Flippin' 'eck Tucker, they're closing Grange Hill. Another jigsaw piece of childhood is lost behind the ragged settee of time; I started big school the same year GH debuted.

_38116163_grange_hill2_bbc.jpg

tis a very sad demise. I managed to get all the early series on dvd from someone off Ebay. It really took me back to my school days.

Everyone in my school wanted to be a Tucker Jenkins type character. Apart from the odd one who saw themselves more as Gripper

We should insist on a 21 pea-shooter salute when they lay the last episode in the BBC archives

Flippin' 'eck Tucker, they're closing Grange Hill. Another jigsaw piece of childhood is lost behind the ragged settee of time; I started big school the same year GH debuted.

_38116163_grange_hill2_bbc.jpg

tis a very sad demise. I managed to get all the early series on dvd from someone off Ebay. It really took me back to my school days.

Everyone in my school wanted to be a Tucker Jenkins type character. Apart from the odd one who saw themselves more as Gripper

We should insist on a 21 pea-shooter salute when they lay the last episode in the BBC archives

My era was the Gonch/Cleaver/Ziggy period, but my sentiments are the same. Another Redmond inspired show bites the dust, pity it's not Holyoaks...

What? Have they stopped showing this as well?

However, to be honest, I wouldn't have taken any pleasure from this hit. A true pleasure to have met such an amazing man. RIP Tony. <_<

OoO, I'm trully sad for you. You had him on your list and you let him go. Still you have the memories to keep. Me too with Bob Gerard, who went a fair few years back - those old timers had balls without a doubt.

UK obituary for Tony Rolt for DDP purposes. Very gratifying to see it being the leading obituary too.

Men like him deserve to be lauded more at their passing than nobodies like Brad Renfro as we won't see their like again.

Away and not talk a lot of auld pish!

When did this forum start trying to be honourable?

The only craft shop in Maryport. Times are tough for the small local business.

Then again, I've got this mate who runs a small funeral business in Bridgend and......

Indian social activist and leprosy campaigner, Baba Amte, has died at the age of 93. <_<

American author, Phyllis A Whitney dies at the age of 104. not sure if she managed to finish writing her autobiography

Indian social activist and leprosy campaigner, Baba Amte, has died at the age of 93. <_<

So just a few days after one of Amte's farm house keepers is mauled to death by 'a Tiger' he becomes my third hit for DDP. Coincidence at it's finest?

Anyway it should only be a matter of days before we hear about Erick Wujcik who was nearly a unique selection for me but I was sort of f**ked off by 'Niedermeyer Niedermeyer' but getting down to the fact of the matter 'I have a little bit of hope' that some generous source will cover him.

So just a few days after one of Amte's farm house keepers is mauled to death by 'a Tiger' he becomes my third hit for DDP. Coincidence at it's finest?

Anyway it should only be a matter of days before we hear about Erick Wujcik who was nearly a unique selection for me but I was sort of f**ked off by 'Niedermeyer Niedermeyer' but getting down to the fact of the matter 'I have a little bit of hope' that some generous source will cover him.

No UK obit for Amte yet, Banshees. I think he should get one, but you never can tell.