Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Reuters is enough (well done to both teams) & she was known as Sum & Shum. (IIRC, both teams entered her as Lydia Sum)

Site to be updated soon with suitable pun for her & Brian Harris already in place. :unsure:

Jack Lyons, businessman, philanthropist and convicted fraudster, has died at the age of 92. He was one of the Guinness Four and only escaped a jail term because of his poor health...

Jack Lyons, businessman, philanthropist and convicted fraudster, has died at the age of 92. He was one of the Guinness Four and only escaped a jail term because of his poor health...

I floated his name about a while ago and saw him as a possible for next year. Oh well...

Jerry Karl, former regular Indianapolis 500 racing driver has died of injuries sustained in a road crash.

After a relatively decent year death-wise in 2007 (with the obvious exception of young Colin McRae), it looks like motor racing is taking rather a big toll this year if the first two months are anything to go by....

:unsure:

Emily Perry aka Madge Allsopp, has died, aged 100.

Another Brinsworth House exitee... :unsure:

A deadpool pick with a pedigree and some points riding on her demise this year. With Emily Perry, Grobler's DDP team have three down and 9 unique picks still standing. If his picking proves as asute over twelve months as it has over two he could be looking good by Christmas.

Let's just hope the obit writers get the right picture, the younger Emily Perry is a picture of health and vitality.

Emily Perry aka Madge Allsopp, has died, aged 100.

Another Brinsworth House exitee... :unsure:

Speaking to the BBC News website last year ahead of her 100th birthday, Perry said: "You know, my memory's gone. I've been all around the world with Barry, and I can't remember a thing."

_42598729_dameedna_bbc.jpg

:huh:

Emmanuel Sanon, one of the the FIFA World Cup's great underdog heroes, has died of pancreatic cancer at 56.

Forever remembered for beating Dino Zoff to end his record unbeaten run of not conceding a goal in the 1974 World Cup, and producing one of Haiti's few happy moments in sport.

Thing is, I knew he was ill & all, but debated* whether he'd get a UK obit. Ah well....

:rip:

* (Can you have a deabte with yourself? Probably, knowing the way I'm going...)

I once had a deabte with myself; it ended in grisadeement.

I once had a deabte with myself; it ended in grisadeement.

:rip:

Guest Guestcoffinlidlicka
Rockabilly legend Charles Ryan 92, has died today..... :rip: There is a U tube link on the page to Hot Rod Lincoln, apparently this guy co-wrote it.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/obit...yanobit21m.html

apologies in advance if no one actually cares.

Feck.......he actually died the 16th Feb :blink:

Robin Moore, author of "The French Connection" and "The Green Berets," has died after a long illness aged 82.

Another author, Stephen Marlowe, has also died.

Sunny Lowry. No, I've never heard of her either but it's a damn good story. Aged 97 and cause of death not given but since she was a famous swimmer would be kind of fitting if she died of a stroke.

I need some of the punning wizardry involved in the cake death thread, as the best I can come up with for ex-World Champion hairdresser John Phelps, is that he has perm(anently) dyed.

Which is sh*t.

Phelps was mentioned in despatches here before & was a DDP pick, but whether he'll get the obit he needs is up in the air right now.

For some reason the forum software isn't letting me load the obit on here, so I'll link to this general site instead - http://news.google.co.uk/news?svnum=10&amp...5&as_maxm=2

I need some of the punning wizardry involved in the cake death thread, as the best I can come up with for ex-World Champion hairdresser John Phelps, is that he has perm(anently) dyed.

Which is sh*t.

Phelps was mentioned in despatches here before & was a DDP pick, but whether he'll get the obit he needs is up in the air right now.

For some reason the forum software isn't letting me load the obit on here, so I'll link to this general site instead - http://news.google.co.uk/news?svnum=10&amp...5&as_maxm=2

Unkindest cut of all?

Which is sh*t.

Phelps Felled: Cancer Curtails Cup-winning Crimper

American conservative writer William F. Buckley has died at the age of 82. A unique DDP hit for Noz4news if a UK obit emerges.