Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Never heard of John Brewer

Neither has anyone else - his name was John Hewer.

The soaraway Sun's heard of John Brewer. Apparently, he's a 'greasy-haired pervert' who resembles a rodent and has a weakness for under-10's. As for Captain Birdseye... well, it were only allegations after all.

Arthur C Clarke has died, according to the BBC News website ticker.

Er.....we know! *whispers* He has his own thread and he's hit number four.... :)

Arthur C Clarke has died, according to the BBC News website ticker.

Er.....we know! *whispers* He has his own thread and he's hit number four.... :)

Yikes! Silly me. I'll go and join the festivities on that thread...

Hogan's Heroes star and pioneering black actor/director Ivan Dixon has died at 76. Hogan's Heroes was never very big in the UK, as far as I can remember.

Hogan's Heroes star and pioneering black actor/director Ivan Dixon has died at 76. Hogan's Heroes was never very big in the UK, as far as I can remember.

Good show....not many actors from tha show left just Richard Dawson and the guy who played LeBeau as far as I know.

Ama Sumani, would probably be a DDP scorer in 2009, if - by any miracle - he lives that long.

she

When she (rightfully, seeing as she's lied and dodged immigration officials throughout the years she's been here) gets deported we probably won't hear about her again, whether she dies or not. There must be loads of deportees who are ill or dying but the news don't report all of them as, frankly, they're not really all that newsworthy.

She is dead.

Phillip Jones Griffiths, the legendary Vietnam war photographer has died of lung cancer at the age of 72. :skull:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7305468.stm

I thought he died a while ago.

No, it's just that it's been on the cards for a while, not that I noticed mind...

Hugo Claus, Belgian writer and one of the most important 20th century Dutch language authors, has died yesterday. An Alzheimer patient, he requested his life to be terminated through euthanasia.

Actor Paul Scofield is dead. Link to come...

I'm not surprised. He didn't look too clever in Martin Chuzzlewit. Fine actor, big loss.

Brian Wilde dies aged 86.

He played 'Foggy' in Last of the Summer Wine.

Famous celebrities seem to die in threes...

And the common thread between all three celebrities? They're of British ancestry.

RIP Paul Scofield, Arthur C. Clarke, and Anthony Minghella.

Scofield was an excellent actor, one of the best in his craft.

You sure.

Not Italian then?

And the common thread between all three celebrities? They're of British ancestry.

I met him once. He played himself. Not as stimulating as Sallis in conversation but a decent man nonetheless.

You sure.

Not Italian then?

Anthony Minghella is of British (Scottish) and Italian descent, although yes, he is more Italian than British. But he is known as British nonetheless and was highly accomplished celebrity who hailed from the UK (like Clarke and Scofield).

Guest Outraged_of_TunbridgeWells

I met him once. He played himself. Not as stimulating as Sallis in conversation but a decent man nonetheless.

He'll be missed

I met him too - lovely man. Had a lot of time for the general public & none for luvvies. He probably would have detested Scofield then, ironically.

Scofield's death has been woefully under-reported - the man was an acting colossus - better than Olivier (Controversial, but my opinion nonetheless).

Looks like the Easter drop-out season is still as fresh as new baby lambs.

I met him too - lovely man. Had a lot of time for the general public & none for luvvies. He probably would have detested Scofield then, ironically.

Scofield's death has been woefully under-reported - the man was an acting colossus - better than Olivier (Controversial, but my opinion nonetheless).

Looks like the Easter drop-out season is still as fresh as new baby lambs.

He was great as the Narrator in the documentaries 'London' and 'Robinson In Space'...

Dr. Frank M. Berger, who was responsible for the modern era of drug evolution as we know it has croaked in Manhattan, after a fall which later led to his cardiac arrest. His most respected achievement was the invention of 'Miltown' but also a forerunner for both Valium and even Prozac.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/21/health/r...html?ref=health

Rugby league legend Eric Ashton MBE has died. He was life president and a formar successful coach and chairman of St Helens.

"He made 571 appearances for Wigan and won 26 caps for Great Britain including 15 as captain. He captained Great Britain in their 1963 Ashes winning series in Australia."

Those 2 clubs play each other today, so no doubt there will be a respectful silence in honour of this great player.

Former NZ test cricketer and captain Merv Wallace has died aged 91. Although he was considered one of the finest batsmen of his time, he didn't have the most illustrious test career, although he did captain the side twice.

Raymond Leblanc, head of Lombard International Publishing House, has died aged 92. He was instrumental in launching the "Tintin" comic books.