Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

>snip< his death will make the headlines as he was the husband of the singer, >snip<

You're right. BBC obit

Al Copeland, founder of Popeye's 'famous' chicken who (in his latest obituaries) has been described as being 'flamboyant' is dead on account of a malignant salivary gland tumor at the age of 64. I guess that's what happens when you live off fried chicken for 40 years. :)

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/AL...5-U1Fs8YX8P0aAQ

Former Celtic and West Ham defender, John Cushley, 64, is suffering from motor neurone disease.

And the very next day....he's dead. :)

Not only that, young Mr Trip, because you have now given the curse to someone else in 24 hours:

Neil Aspinall Dead

Neil Aspinall, the Beatle's accountant and childhood friend of Paul McCartney, is very ill with lung cancer. He sang backing vocals on Yellow Submarine.

EDIT: Curses, TAKFAG beat me to it...

Also interesting to note Cushley apparently aged a year in a day.....

American mass murderer John List has died behind bars.

List death?

Another wrestling drug death - former WCW wrestler, just 34:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15698445/detail.html

ATLANTA -- His father says a former wrestler was found dead in his home after suffering an apparent accidental drug overdose.

The father, Roy Tatum, tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that 34-year-old Chase Tatum was found dead around 4 p.m. Sunday in his home in Atlanta's Buckhead neighborhood.

Chase Tatum used to wrestle for the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling organization. More recently, he appeared in the comedy "Who's Your Caddy?" alongside rapper Big Boi of Outkast.

Tatum wrestled in WCW in 1998 and 1999.

Chase Tatum had been recovering from back surgery to repair a degenerative disc. His father says the former wrestler had been fighting a dependence to painkillers for years but had been planning to enter a rehabilitation center.

Roy Tatum said yesterday his son was in the process of getting his life back together.

Laura Salm is an investigator with the coroner's office. She says a toxicology report has been ordered by the Fulton County Medical Examiner.

Chase Tatum was 19 when he won the Mr. Georgia bodybuilding competition. He began a career as a personal trainer, which he continued until his death.

In addition to acting and wrestling, Chase Tatum also worked as a road manager and personal assistant for Outkast.

Chase Tatum's funeral is scheduled for 2 p.m. Thursday at Mount Paran Church of God in Atlanta.

Beardy Czech singer and all round entertainer Karel Cernoch sadly died from colon cancer on 27 December 2007.

I say "sadly" because:

a) I just found out about it

:P He's on my 2008 DDP team and therefore died 4 days too early

c) He doesn't seem to have got a UK obit so I wouldn't have scored anyway

note to OoO - any chance of a mention for him on one of your emails?

Thierry Gilardi is dead (see link within the forum if you can make head or tail of French :P ).

So what, never heard of him? However seeing as he was due to commentate on tonight's match maybe us English on this site can garner a little hope that it might affect those sensitive French types.

Beardy Czech singer and all round entertainer Karel Cernoch sadly died from colon cancer on 27 December 2007.

I say "sadly" because:

;) He's on my 2008 DDP team and therefore died 4 days too early

Ah, that's a bit of bad luck.

I guess what I'll have to do is - because he can't go on the List of the Missed for 2008 or List of the Lost for either 2007 or 2008 is to mention him in the next e-mail & leave him ON the site, but obviously with a full explanation of why he won't be scoring any points.

I did have a look on the Google thingy to see if he had picked up any mention, but no-go.

Meanwhile,

Abby Mann, writer of Judgement of Nuremberg, the same film that starred the recently deceased Richard Widmark, and which earnt Mann an Academy Award, has died.

RICHARD WIDMARK IS THE 5TH SUCCESS OF 2008. I'm praying Charlton Heston is next... ;)

I say "sadly" because:

;) He's on my 2008 DDP team and therefore died 4 days too early

Ah, that's a bit of bad luck.

I guess what I'll have to do is - because he can't go on the List of the Missed for 2008 or List of the Lost for either 2007 or 2008 is to mention him in the next e-mail & leave him ON the site, but obviously with a full explanation of why he won't be scoring any points.

I did have a look on the Google thingy to see if he had picked up any mention, but no-go.

Meanwhile,

Abby Mann, writer of Judgement of Nuremberg, the same film that starred the recently deceased Richard Widmark, and which earnt Mann an Academy Award, has died.

Thanks, you are a scholar and a gentleman.

Meanwhile,

And it seems that the poor man didn't get a decent obit on the BBC, owing to a fit of giggles on Radio 4 this morning... ;)

Meanwhile,

And it seems that the poor man didn't get a decent obit on the BBC, owing to a fit of giggles on Radio 4 this morning... ;)

Here's a BBC link

Meanwhile,

Here's a BBC link

No there was a BBC link! ;)

Jean-Marie Balestre, former president of FISA (Fédération Internationale du Sport Automobile) and the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile) has died aged 86. He's mainly known for battling to control top motor-racing with Bernie Ecclestone in the 1970s-80s. And also for saying he was in the French Resistance, despite there being more evidence he was working for the 'other side'. As ever on this topic, OoO will have more details.

Jean-Marie Balestre, former president of FISA (Fédération Internationale du Sport Automobile) and the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile) has died aged 86. He's mainly known for battling to control top motor-racing with Bernie Ecclestone in the 1970s-80s. And also for saying he was in the French Resistance, despite there being more evidence he was working for the 'other side'. As ever on this topic, OoO will have more details.

Not so much today, I'm in a rush to get away for a function this weekend.

However...

Dammit! Why on earth didn't I do a motor racing DDP team instead of my normal one? I'd have four hits now.... I had my suspicions he wasn't well for he hadn't made any criticism of anyone & everyone recently.

Imagine if Charles de Gaulle was in charge of motor racing - well that was Balestre to a tee - a epitome of a older-generation Frenchman.

Can't say I'm really sorry to see him go though - I thought the man was an irrelevant, irrascible buffoon in charge & the years inbetween haven't really changed that view much.

However, his impact on modern motor racing, and indeed, motor racing in general was immense & the positives he DID bring in, when not arguing with everyone, have improved the sport no end. Whatever I or others may have thought of him, the sport owes him a great debt. Sort of like Havelange in football - not ideal, but, ultimately, did a lot for the sport in a good way.

Professor Emeritus Robert Fagles, that well known translator of the Greek classics, is not a well man. This article says that he was diagnosed with cancer 'years ago' and he has now discovered he has Parkinsons disease.

He is dead. βίος βραχύς, δ τέχνη μακρή ;)

A unique pick on the Hartlepool Deadpool for my "People With Salutations Which Are Not Mr or Mrs" theme team. ;)

Jackie Monkhouse, widow of Bob, has died, suddenly, at the age of 71, whilst on holiday.

People may remember her from the documentaries about Bob during his cancer fight & on the feature on her & Bob from the recent "warning from the grave" ads about prostate cancer.

Like her late husband, I knew her personally. A lovely, devoted & caring lady, who never really recovered from Bob's passing. Yet another tragedy to hit this close-knit family & local community where Bob & Jackie lived.

RIP. :skull:

Dith Pran, photojournalist and refugee whose story was told in the film The Killing Fields [one of my favourite films, despite ending with Lennon's Imagine], has died of the pancreatic cancer mentioned recently in the "possibilities" thread.

R&B singer Sean Levert has become the second son of The O'Jays lead vocalist Eddie to predecease him in the past 18 months, following fellow LeVert band member Gerald. I'd be checking my life insurance policy if I was sole surviving originator Marc Gordon.

Angus Fairhurst, one of the Young British Artists of the 90s along with Damien Hurst and Tracey Emin, has committed suicide aged 41... :skull: