Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

RICHARD WIDMARK IS THE 5TH SUCCESS OF 2008. I'm praying Charlton Heston is next... :banghead:

My Prayers have been answered!!! :shoot2:

On the subject of twins - how about Austria's Sandra and Daniela Klemenschits? They were up there somewhere in the world tennis doubles rankings before they were both struck down with abdominal cancer.

One of the twins, Daniela Klemenshchits, has died at the age of 25.

"Monk" actor Stanley Kamel has been found dead:

Link

He also had regular roles in other notable series such as "Beverly Hills, 90210", "Melrose Place", "LA Law", "Cagney and Lacey", "Murder One" and "Hill Street Blues"

Lord Beaumont's death has reduced the number of Green Party peers to nought. I'm sure he'll make a lovely bit of compost.

In the past week, the former Roman Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne (Sir Frank Little) and the former Anglican Archbishop of Melbourne (Robert Dann) have died. The former was 82; the latter 93. Doubt either will get a UK obit though.

Former Irish President Dr Patrick Hillery has died aged 84

Link

"He was at one time voted by readers of German magazine Der Spiegel as the world's sexiest head of state" <_<

Double murderer, Donald Forbes, once dubbed Scotland's most dangerous man, has died in prison at the age of 73. He had spent forty five of the last fifty years in prison. He was actually sentenced to death in 1958, but his sentence was commuted to life in prison, he was then released in 1970 and killed again only weeks later.

I wouldn't have thought there are that many people left alive who have had the death sentence imposed on them in a UK court. I'm off to see if I can find a list. <_<

Lawrence Brown Sr. one of the original members of Harold Melvin and The Blue Notes has died at the age of 63

Mark Speight has been found dead at Paddington Station.

With a label on him saying; 'Please look after this body.'

Not a surprise, but I'm still quite shocked, if you know what I mean. And quite saddened. Whatever the rights and wrongs of how his girlfriend died, he was obviously very troubled afterwards, and I hope he is at some sort of peace with himself now.

What a desperately sad story this has been with the end result most people feared.

My two little cousins will be devastated - they adored SMart & Speight in particular.

Not a SMart thing to do.....

I'll get me coat...

Actor Willoughby Goddard has died at the age of 81

Not a surprise, but I'm still quite shocked, if you know what I mean. And quite saddened. Whatever the rights and wrongs of how his girlfriend died, he was obviously very troubled afterwards, and I hope he is at some sort of peace with himself now.

It's like a modern-day Romeo and Juliet. But with cocaine. And crayons.

...and we do look at all the scene of crime evidence that's sent in to The Gallery each week, but I'm afraid we can't return any.

John Archibald Wheeler Physicist Who Coined the Term ‘Black Hole,’ Is Dead at 96

They are saying that Speight hanged himself.

Seems odd to me. Why go to a train station to commit suicide that way? He could have done that at home...

They are saying that Speight hanged himself.

Seems odd to me. Why go to a train station to commit suicide that way? He could have done that at home...

It's probably a lot easier at a train station as you have those strong metal girders.

But also at home you'd have friends and relatives constantly trying to check on you.

From the report I read initially, he was found in a remote part of the train station. So who knows how long he'd been there