Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

They are saying that Speight hanged himself.

Seems odd to me. Why go to a train station to commit suicide that way? He could have done that at home...

Apparently he planned to leap in front of the 18:20 Great Western from Cardiff, but it was running so late he got sick of waiting.

Nathaniel Bar-Jonah, sex offender and suspected cannibal, is dead in a Montana state prison under unknown circumstances. He was sentenced to 130 years - to life but only remained breathing for thirty. It's people like this who don't even deserve to live on this earth.

Cecilia Colledge, the youngest person ever to compete at the Olympic Games, has died at the age of 87. She was 11 when she competed for Britain in the figure skating at the 1932 Winter Olympics.

John Archibald Wheeler Physicist Who Coined the Term ‘Black Hole,’ Is Dead at 96

Heading for a black hole of his own then? :banghead:

Despite this probably not sounding like I think it sounds, I feel that Buzz Nutter was a miss for DDT's finely named fellows. :banghead:

Lexicographer, Eugene Ehrlich, the author of "The Highly Selective Dictionary for the Extraordinarily Literate" and other similar works, has died at the age of 86. However, I not sure that "died" really does such an esteemed sesquipedalianist justice...any other suggestions?

Has been, like, deaded and that innit?

Lexicographer, Eugene Ehrlich, the author of "The Highly Selective Dictionary for the Extraordinarily Literate" and other similar works, has died at the age of 86. However, I not sure that "died" really does such an esteemed sesquipedalianist justice...any other suggestions?

He's handed his obolus to Charon, anyone?

He's handed his obolus to Charon, anyone?

Oh very good. I like that. Bravo!

They're not quite dead yet, but preparations are finally getting underway for the execution of the Bali Bombers :) . Four and a bit months late for my 2007 DDP team, I would have finished third last year if they'd got their act together.

In my view the year (2008) is really the first competitively selective year ever. The scoreboard total at the years end will accumulate higher then any other. The most is 109 by 'Meet Your Maker' but 'no offense because everybody did it' that was with steroids. It's very possible that impressive total will be surpassed based on just raw selection. DDP has seen it's Bonds ... Now where is A - Rod? Time waits for no one.

Dickie Best, father of the late George, who was so instrumental in his career & who, by his son's death was pushed back into the limelight in recent years, has died.

There was a day recently when a number of mothers of famous people died - maybe it's the fathers death day as Cameron Diaz's dad has also gone, aged 58.

Arthur Gwynn has died aged 99.

I have to confess, I've never heard of him, but he certainly had an eventful life! Once "suspected by his family of being the real "fifth man" in the infamous Soviet spy network at Cambridge University".

I have no idea who the poor chap was but a man was killed in this accident just 50 metres from where I live. I saw the workmen there only this morning on my way to the shops & one of them, apparently a dad of two, is no more 2 hours later.

Very dramatic n'all, air ambulance, 2 fire crews, masses of police & ambulance workers in an excellent operation (they took 2 minutes to get there if the article is correct about the timing) but the moment they switched the air ambulance (which, by fluke was doing a educational visit locally, normally it would've come via Wycombe) off, you knew it was not a good result.

Not famous at all, sorry, but it's probably one death this year I'm gonna to remember much longer than most.

PS For any drive-by shooters after the bounty of my head ;) , I live to the left of where the air ambulance & the policeman are situated. I think most people knew I lived down that way anyway, so now the have the rough address, they can call in the hit men! :):)

John Archibald Wheeler Physicist Who Coined the Term ‘Black Hole,’ Is Dead at 96

And following on from his death, we have that of Edward Lorenz, father of the "Chaos Theory", who also coined the term "butterfly effect".

Obviously both deaths were related, albeit on an infinitesimally small level

And following on from his death, we have that of Edward Lorenz...who also coined the term "butterfly effect".

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/c...,1,249856.story

Hazel Court, 82; 'scream queen' in horror films in 1950s and '60s

From the Associated Press

April 17, 2008

Hazel Court, an English beauty who co-starred with the likes of Boris Karloff and Vincent Price in popular horror movies in the 1950s and '60s, has died. She was 82.

Court died Tuesday at her home near Lake Tahoe from a heart attack, her daughter, Sally Walsh, said Wednesday.

Although she had a substantial acting career both in England and on American television, Court was perhaps best known for her work in such films as 1963's "The Raven." She co-starred with Price, Karloff and Peter Lorre in the Roger Corman take on the classic Edgar Allen Poe poem.

Corman directed her in five movies. Like other "scream queens" of the era, Court's roles often relied on her cleavage and her ability to shriek in fear and die horrible deaths.

"The Premature Burial," "The Masque of the Red Death," "The Curse of Frankenstein" and "Devil Girl From Mars" helped propel her to cult status and brought her fan mail even in her later years.

The daughter of a professional cricket player, Court was born Feb. 10, 1926, in the English town of Sutton Coldfield.

As a teenager, she was appearing in stage productions when she was spotted and signed by the J. Arthur Rank Organisation, which owned movie studios and theaters. Court got her first movie bit part by the time she was 18 and went on to become a popular actress and a pinup girl.

"She was one of the great beauties of all time," Walsh said. "She was a redhead with really green eyes and almost . . . the perfect face. She was on the cover of almost every magazine."

Court appeared in some of the low-budget Hammer Film Productions horror movies and co-starred with Patrick O'Neal in the 1957 British TV comedy series "Dick and the Duchess." In the late 1950s, she came to the United States to work on TV's "Alfred Hitchcock Presents."

Walsh, who lives in Los Angeles, said Court is survived by another daughter, Courtney Taylor of Ojai; a son, Jonathan Taylor of Reno; and stepdaughters Anne Taylor Fleming of Los Angeles and Avery Taylor of San Francisco.

Good morning, Deathtrip. Welcome to first place.

Danny Federici, a long time keyboardist who helped define the stylish sound for Bruce Springsteen's 'E - street band' is dead after suffering from melanoma (for three years) at the age of 58. ;)

Good morning, Deathtrip. Welcome to first place.

Danny Federici, a long time keyboardist who helped define the stylish sound for Bruce Springsteen's 'E - street band' is dead after suffering from melanoma (for three years) at the age of 58. :skull:

Bugger, I dropped him from my DDP list and replaced him with Jesse Helms just before the competition began ;)

Oh happy days ;) Not a single UK press mention of Federici's untimely demise (untimely for him, that is) yet - but I'm pretty sure he'll get one.