Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Good morning, Deathtrip. Welcome to first place.

Danny Federici, a long time keyboardist who helped define the stylish sound for Bruce Springsteen's 'E - street band' is dead after suffering from melanoma (for three years) at the age of 58. :skull:

Gotta wear sunscreen at the Jersey shore! Hit number 12 for me in US pool.... ;)

Good morning, Deathtrip. Welcome to first place.

Danny Federici, a long time keyboardist who helped define the stylish sound for Bruce Springsteen's 'E - street band' is dead after suffering from melanoma (for three years) at the age of 58. ;)

My second pick on HDP, more points for me!

UK obit for Danny Federici. I expect more will follow, but this will do. That's three of the four musicians (Jeff Healey and Mikey Dread were the others) I picked on the DDP who've fulfilled expectations, but the one I expected to die first, Ronnie Drew, is still alive, however I believe his condition is terminal...

They're an unhealthy lot, musicians.

UK obit for Danny Federici. I expect more will follow, but this will do. That's three of the four musicians (Jeff Healey and Mikey Dread were the others) I picked on the DDP who've fulfilled expectations, but the one I expected to die first, Ronnie Drew, is still alive, however I believe his condition is terminal...

Speaking of musicians named Ronnie, I also am surprised that Ronnie Hawkins hasn't gone by now.

According to Wikipedia, Ronnie Hawkins has been battling pancreatic cancer for several years now. Excellent find, Miser. Speaking of musicians, I actually cut Ronnie Drew for Eddie Thompson who I expect to expire in June or July. I wouldn't be surprised if they both croaked around the same time.

I know this isn't the 'Ideas and possibilities thread' but since the outcome of this game designer and Palladium Books founder is almost certain material for this thread, I thought it would be worth mentioning that his radiation treatment is now ineffective and he is currently in Hospice care. I might be on the road soon for the next week or so, and I doubt he gets the qualified recognition, but you never know. If not, that's what I get for giving into temptation.

Speaking of musicians named Ronnie, I also am surprised that Ronnie Hawkins hasn't gone by now.

Ronnie Hawkins was close to death about 5 years ago, but has made a dramatic recovery and still continues to tour.

Same with Levon Helm who was in a rough way a few years ago.

Guest spitnot
;) Great site.......A workmate had an idea for a death list pool at work and i searched the web and found this site.........EXCELLENT>>>>>>>>keep up the good work............I aint won yet :skull: I live in hope

;) Great site.......A workmate had an idea for a death list pool at work and i searched the web and found this site.........EXCELLENT>>>>>>>>keep up the good work............I aint won yet :skull: I live in hope

Dum spiro spero.

<_< Great site.......A workmate had an idea for a death list pool at work and i searched the web and found this site.........EXCELLENT>>>>>>>>keep up the good work............I aint won yet :angry: I live in hope

You mean a deadpool AT your work, in which you score points when your workmates die? Rock on! Are any of your colleagues already ill and likely to be featured in the national press when they go?

<_< Great site.......A workmate had an idea for a death list pool at work and i searched the web and found this site.........EXCELLENT>>>>>>>>keep up the good work............I aint won yet :angry: I live in hope

You mean a deadpool AT your work, in which you score points when your workmates die? Rock on! Are any of your colleagues already ill and likely to be featured in the national press when they go?

You do it for points???? :( I do mine for ca$h. Got a few big winners in the past. (Well, I personally haven't won it)

Rosalie Ritz, courtroom sketch artist, who (was not involved with the crackers) but was involved with several trials which received massive media coverage (OJ Simpson -Charles Manson- Patty Hearst) is clearly dead at the age of 84.

Peter Hobbs, one half of Russell and Hobbs, the pioneers of the electric kettle, has gone off the boil at the age of 91. <_<

Werner Groebli has died. Frick.

He was always on (albeit low) my radar, so it will be interesting (for me) to see if he gets a UK obit. He did get a quasi-Canadian one though...

Rosario Sánchez Mora, the 'Dynamite girl' of the Spanish Civil War, who was a master of explosives has detonated at the age of 88. They also described her as a heroin, so she might have been fabuloso en cama. I can also barely speak Spanish.

Rosario Sánchez Mora, the 'Dynamite girl' of the Spanish Civil War, who was a master of explosives has detonated at the age of 88. They also described her as a heroin, so she might have been fabuloso en cama. I can also barely speak Spanish.

She was a ladyboy then? If that's your thing then fair play to you mate.

I don't know about the phrase but I assume it would finish with an a :)

Frank Lampard's mum Pat has died of pneumonia.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/a...d=1779&ct=5

Strange. That article seems to have been removed & there's no other mention that she has passed away - all the Google News seem to indicate she is fighting for her life?

Either she's still alive & the Mail have got ahead of themselves (again..) or she's died but the family want a bit more privacy??

A shame if it's true. I don't even particulary like Lampard very much, but I do have sympathy with him as I am very close to my mother the way he is.

Frank Lampard's mum Pat has died of pneumonia.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/a...d=1779&ct=5

Strange. That article seems to have been removed & there's no other mention that she has passed away - all the Google News seem to indicate she is fighting for her life?

Either she's still alive & the Mail have got ahead of themselves (again..) or she's died but the family want a bit more privacy??

A shame if it's true. I don't even particulary like Lampard very much, but I do have sympathy with him as I am very close to my mother the way he is.

But not in a Norman Bates way, eh Octopus? :)

But not in a Norman Bates way, eh Octopus?

Oh bring that on, NOW! Preferrably in the Man Utd game, big Frank in a dress and wig, the Red Army taking obscene chants to hitherto untrawled depths. What an advert for the beautiful game.

Uranus J. Appel, a bacteriologist and pioneer of private healthcare in America, has died at the age of 91. Understandably, he preferred to be addressed as 'Bob' rather than 'Uranus'.