Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Alexander Solzhenitsyn is dead

Try saying that after a few pints...

It's been reported on the uk.railway newsgroup that a death notice for Sir David Serpell (producer of the "Beeching Mark II" report in the 80s) appeared in the Times on Monday. However, Google and BBC sites don't show anything. Anybody here able to confirm or otherwise?

It's been reported on the uk.railway newsgroup that a death notice for Sir David Serpell (producer of the "Beeching Mark II" report in the 80s) appeared in the Times on Monday. However, Google and BBC sites don't show anything. Anybody here able to confirm or otherwise?

Here you go!

Italian-American conductor Nicola Rescigno who "conducted the American debuts of singers including Maria Callas, Montserrat Caballé, Plácido Domingo, Joan Sutherland, Teresa Berganza and Jon Vickers" has died aged 92.

Robert Hazard has died aged 59.

He was the writer of Cyndi Lauper's best known hit ""Girls Just Want to Have Fun".

Eric "Digger" Dowling has died 1 day short of his 93rd birthday.

"Eric "Digger" Dowling, the English airman who helped excavate the tunnel but was left behind when the Great Escapers crawled out of Stalag Luft III and into history, has died peacefully a day short of his 93rd birthday."

Simon Gray, a famous play write, who has gained epic fame for his 'smoking diaries' now officially has lung cancer. According to this article, he still won't stop smoking. The man claims he might die laughing. I can see from where he stands.

Play write (sic) Simon Gray has smoked his last cigarette.

Simon Gray, a famous play write, who has gained epic fame for his 'smoking diaries' now officially has lung cancer. According to this article, he still won't stop smoking. The man claims he might die laughing. I can see from where he stands.

Play write (sic) Simon Gray has smoked his last cigarette.

Sad news. He was the best play write since Ernie Wise.

1969 US Open Golf winner Orville Moody has died aged 74.

He was the last player to win the U.S. Open after going through local and sectional qualifying.

Cricketer Bob Cunis, 67

Played 20 tests for New Zealand between 1964 and 1972, and later coached them. The article states John Arlott once "famously" described him as "neither one thing nor the other", although his Wikipedia entry attributes that comment to Alan Gibson and claims it was in reference to his surname, rather than his style of play.

A little while back BCAlum 2000 was commenting that Bernie Mac had made a recovery from illness & was one of many that had done so recently.

Well, his recovery was short lived.

I still have no idea who this chap is, though, but 50 is no age at all.

The day I hear that Farrah Fawcett has completely recovered is when I know she's toast.... :pop:

No, I'm not her, honest. :pop:

A little while back BCAlum 2000 was commenting that Bernie Mac had made a recovery from illness & was one of many that had done so recently.

Well, his recovery was short lived.

I still have no idea who this chap is, though, but 50 is no age at all.

He's not that well known in England, but he's a very big name in the US. Definitely one of the bigger names in comedy at least and a well known celebrity with a prolific film and TV resume.

Though as I type this, i'm surprised that his death is not receiving more media coverage, even in the states. When Tim Russert died, EVERY news media outlet in the United States was covering Russert's death 24/7. But I guess Bernie Mac's death has been overshadowed by the Olympic coverage, the crisis in Georgia, and the fallout from the John Edwards extramarital affair scandal.

RIP Bernie Mac.

Its being reported that Isaac Hayes has been Shafted died. More as soon as I get it.

[edit] here it is

That's one less $cientologist then.

Its being reported that Isaac Hayes has been Shafted died. More as soon as I get it.

[edit] here it is

I remember him most as the voice of Chef on South Park

[edit] here it is

Also a pick on DDP. Congrats to Bing Gone for the unique pick hit.

[edit] here it is

I remember him most as the voice of Chef on South Park

I remember him only as the voice of Chef on South Park.

That's one less $cientologist then.

Their beliefs are no less strange to me than believing that the world is only 6,000 years old, that an executed Jewish rabble rouser returned from the dead, that the sun god requires a daily human sacrifice before rising, that you can't drink alcohol or eat pork, that you must smoke marijuana or that some chap with a beard favours one race of people above all others on this planet.

The above belief systems are all man made, essentially dishonest and disorganised. At least Hubbard, Scientology's founder, was organised. "If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion." His honesty is still in doubt as far as I'm concerned.

Someone should be getting worried.......

soul_men.jpg

Since this year alone, we've lost Barnes, Charlton and Heston, I'd probably be more worried if I were Chris Sutton or Phil Tufnell.