Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Isaac Hayes has sung his last note.

Well done anybody that had him on the list.

I didn't even know he was unwell, or was it an other case of severe queue jumping.

Edited by honez
Topic merged

Here's a recipe for Isaac Hayes' "Deep Fried Jive Turkey". I can't imagine a whole turkey fried in five gallons of peanut oil would have done his heart much good, even if he only ate it once.

Since this year alone, we've lost Barnes, Charlton and Heston, I'd probably be more worried if I were Chris Sutton or Phil Tufnell.

Strike a light, guv, here's a Tube-related kick-the-bucket team:

1. Tony Parsons, journalist

2. Michael Clapham, MP

3. James Baker, US politician

4. Michael Bond, author

5. Tommy Cannon, 'comedian'

6. Shirley Temple, actress/diplomat

7. Frank Warren, promoter

8. Norman St John Stevas, ex-politician

9. Dionne Warwick, singer

10. Alex Stepney, goalie

11. Banksy, artist

12. Victoria Beckham, wife

13. David Ickenham, loon

14. Margaret Court, tennis player

15. David Hyde Pierce, Niles actor

16. Fiona Richmond, 70s glamour model/actress

17. Ralph Boston, Olympic long jump champ

18. Dean Stockwell, actor

19. George Bush, chimp

20. Jools Holland, smug git.

London Underground would like to apologise for the severe delays to many of these deaths.

Not sure about David ICKENHAM

But what about the ageing George LATIMER, former mayor of St Paul, USA?

Prolific British actor Terence Rigby has died at the age of 71 from lung cancer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7554044.stm

That was a bit of a shock for me this morning, I loved Terency Rigby as Big Al in The Beiderbecke Connection

That's one less $cientologist then.

Their beliefs are no less strange to me than believing that the world is only 6,000 years old, that an executed Jewish rabble rouser returned from the dead, that the sun god requires a daily human sacrifice before rising, that you can't drink alcohol or eat pork, that you must smoke marijuana or that some chap with a beard favours one race of people above all others on this planet.

The above belief systems are all man made, essentially dishonest and disorganised. At least Hubbard, Scientology's founder, was organised. "If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion." His honesty is still in doubt as far as I'm concerned.

I won't disagree with you there jmh8300.

Doesn't make $cientology any better, though, just because the others are equally bad.

Hmmm, that one sneaked by didn't it?

BTW, let Simon Dee know where Bill is buried, so he can piss on his grave... :pop:

That's a name from the past. I note that Dee is 73 now. I wonder what he's up to?

Hmmm, that one sneaked by didn't it?

BTW, let Simon Dee know where Bill is buried, so he can piss on his grave... :pop:

That's a name from the past. I note that Dee is 73 now. I wonder what he's up to?

Sipping Champagne I'd imagine...;)

Wake-ee wake-ee won't have much affect on him then. :pop:

Wasn't that his father?

Wake-ee wake-ee won't have much affect on him then. :(

Wasn't that his father?

Yep. It's not just mothers who wake up their kids in the morning.

John Esmonde, who with Bob Larbey co-scripted The Good Life and Ever Decreasing Circles has died at 71. Looks like another excuse for repeats on the BBC, then.

That's one less $cientologist then.

Their beliefs are no less strange to me than believing that the world is only 6,000 years old, that an executed Jewish rabble rouser returned from the dead, that the sun god requires a daily human sacrifice before rising, that you can't drink alcohol or eat pork, that you must smoke marijuana or that some chap with a beard favours one race of people above all others on this planet.

The above belief systems are all man made, essentially dishonest and disorganised. At least Hubbard, Scientology's founder, was organised. "If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion." His honesty is still in doubt as far as I'm concerned.

I won't disagree with you there jmh8300.

Doesn't make $cientology any better, though, just because the others are equally bad.

I'd disagree Spuddy, none of the others (well, none anymore) insist on large amounts of money to attain higher levels of 'holiness'. It's almost as if they're buying a stairway to heaven.

Oh yes, and none of the others have had that nice man from the BBC shouting at them either.

Sandy Allen, the world's second tallest woman, has died at the age of 53. I looked up to her.

Its being reported that Isaac Hayes has been Shafted died. More as soon as I get it.

[edit] here it is

I understand he died of severe onanism...

Sandy Allen, the world's second tallest woman, has died at the age of 53. I looked up to her.

There goes my number one pick for 2009, guess ill have to resort to Kenny Baker now.

Her health had pretty much gone to sh*t when she found out she wasnt the tallest woman last year.

Actually, with Bakers on the mind, Tom Baker (old Doctor Who) should be due for his coffin measurements soon, hes 74 and enjoys the beer often, last saw him in a interview a few months ago and his face / hands looked bright red (perhaps due to circulation)

Actually, with Bakers on the mind, Tom Baker (old Doctor Who) should be due for his coffin measurements soon, hes 74 and enjoys the beer often, last saw him in a interview a few months ago and his face / hands looked bright red (perhaps due to circulation)

Fact: I once almost collided with Baker whilst out jogging (me, not him). He was emerging from a newsagents shop with his face buried in his paper and reacted very slowly to the presence of pedestrians and one jogger. This was mid-morning several years ago. It struck me then that he looked like a man fond of a drink and putting the miles on his somewhat corpulent frame.