Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Hollywood stuntwoman Hazel Warp has died at the age of 93. She threw herself down the stairs for Vivian Leigh in Gone With The Wind.

Sheesh, it took a while....

Hollywood stuntwoman Hazel Warp has died at the age of 93. She threw herself down the stairs for Vivian Leigh in Gone With The Wind.

Sheesh, it took a while....

Indeed, she didn't exactly go out at warp speed.

Just about all accounted for in Shropshire now they've found the young 'un. For those thinking this a complete tragedy there is the cheering news that the cat escaped alive and was last seen hanging around the police and snagging the odd chunk of sarnie.

Actor, writer and man of experimental theatre Ken Campbell -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2008/sep/01/theatre.comedy

OOOFF!

A man I met several times, mainly at Fortean Times Unconventions. A presence that could fill a room etc etc. Didn't know half as much as he made out about mystery animals, mind.

OOOFF!

A man I met several times, mainly at Fortean Times Unconventions. A presence that could fill a room etc etc. Didn't know half as much as he made out about mystery animals, mind.

But he was a great showman, Mary - I too remember him from Unconventions, where his nasal half-demented monologues were the highlight of the weekend for me (were you there for the gastromancy lecture with a young woman by the name of Mouse, a bucket of foamy water and a funnel?). I also submit that his translation of Macbeth into pidgin improved significantly on the original.

A sad loss.

He was the son of the founder of Bat'a shoes. Bat'a must be the world's most widespread franchise operation. I have seen shops in places where no other franchise has penetrated such as Banda Aceh, Pathein (Myanmar) and many others. Not bad for a small shop which originated in Zlin (Czechoslovakia).

Tomas Bata Jr dies

His Royal Highness Henry Wako Muloki, OBE, the current Kyabazinga (King) of Busoga......

muloki.jpg

Is this guy obit worthy as defined by - say - CPDP rules? Bit of a long shot as far as I can see but I've never heard of him before.

Well, he's just died. Await the flood of broadsheet obits. :rip:

Don La Fontaine, king of the voice-overs, has died aged 68. He recorded over 5,000 movie trailers, TV commercials, etc.

Former Motherwell F.C. player Jamie Dolan has died of a heart attack aged 39, only 8 months after the death of Phil O'Donnell and 3 months after he played in O'Donnell's tribute match.

Guest ATS

Oh no! :(

He was great...such a shame... ;)

The Curse of Hitch-Hikers?

Very sad news this. Only saw him a few weeks ago on tv in the

till death us do part comedy connections programme

He always seemed to have a certain madness about him (in a nice way)

Was shocked to learn that he married Prunella Gee in the 70's

She was a very good looking actress and certainly looks wasn't one

of Mr Campbell's strong points

Former commando frogman Lieutenant Commander Ian Fraser, VC, DSC, RD and Bar, has died at the age of 87. ;)

Well done to "They All End Up Smelling The Same, Anyway" who scores a unique pick on the DDP.

Oh no! :(

He was great...such a shame... ;)

The Curse of Hitch-Hikers?

Very sad news this. Only saw him a few weeks ago on tv in the

till death us do part comedy connections programme

He always seemed to have a certain madness about him (in a nice way)

Was shocked to learn that he married Prunella Gee in the 70's

She was a very good looking actress and certainly looks wasn't one

of Mr Campbell's strong points

Gives hope to us all, doesn't it...;)

Don La Fontaine, king of the voice-overs, has died aged 68. He recorded over 5,000 movie trailers, TV commercials, etc.

No longer coming soon to a cinema near you...

Former Motherwell F.C. player Jamie Dolan has died of a heart attack aged 39, only 8 months after the death of Phil O'Donnell and 3 months after he played in O'Donnell's tribute match.

A bizarre and tragic coincidence. ;)

Motherwell seems a singularly inapt name. Given the manner of his passing (and also O'Donnell's), I would think twice before accepting a transfer to Hearts.

Motherwell seems a singularly inapt name. Given the manner of his passing (and also O'Donnell's), I would think twice before accepting a transfer to Hearts.

According to these weird football club names, the Take Care Tigers (Guam) would be the club of choice.

I believe Mr Gadd would be keen to watch the next match up between the Full Monty (Anguilla) and School Boys (Lesotho).

The Silver Shattas (Guyana) is another that made me laugh. ;)

Guest Edwin Drood
Motherwell seems a singularly inapt name. Given the manner of his passing (and also O\\\\\\\'Donnell\\\\\\\'s), I would think twice before accepting a transfer to Hearts.

According to these weird football club names, the Take Care Tigers (Guam) would be the club of choice.

I believe Mr Gadd would be keen to watch the next match up between the Full Monty (Anguilla) and School Boys (Lesotho).

The Silver Shattas (Guyana) is another that made me laugh. ;)

Mr Gadd\\\\\\\'s proclivities were for the young ladies, young being the operative word. Mr King on the other hand would gain much enjoyment from the School Boys.

Anita Page has died at the age of 98

Joey Giardello

The former world middleweight boxing champion, has died aged 78.

He successfully defended his title against Rubin "Hurricane" Carter in 1964. The depiction of this fight in the film "The Hurricane" led to him filing a federal lawsuit, and he eventually settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.

"For 19 years, I fought the greatest fighters around and I beat Carter fair and square," ... "I just wanted to set the record straight, and I think it has been"