Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Jheryl Busby ex Motown chief joins Levi Stubbs

With Bo Diddley quite a recording session in heaven. It could use Amy Winehouse. :)

20 people on a bus from Hanover to Berlin. This wasn't a police band on their way to a gig was it?

No, but the bus was on the way from Berlin to Hanover, not the other way round, and it's now being examined at the (other) police barracks directly next to where I work. One of our bus drivers has been to see it already. Perhaps I'll go this afternoon just before I have to get in a bus to drive down the A2 Autobahn.

If that happens, Wormer He's a Dead Man etc goes into 2nd place... <_<

Well, you know, for all this running of the DDP - I am still damn chuffed I have 10 hits - my own record & am I'm the top 10 - to hell with this not wanting to win mularkey! :)

Only the 2nd ever birthday hit if it comes about, but it's also worth mentioning, Wormer has two hits still awaiting obits - Wujcik & Wittman.

Chances of either are slim, but if both do get an obit somehow (and after all, Kozol has this week after nearly 3 months - so that's four to update this weekend) then Wormer is in the lead, I think.

Also, Wormer picked Fossett. But as obituaries for Fossett were published in 2007, I cannot award points now he is officially completely dead as it's pretty clear he died in 2007.

Former New Zealand spin bowler Hedley Howarth, elder brother of former captain Geoff Howarth, has died aged 64. He played in 30 tests between 1969 and 1977 taking 86 wickets at an average of 36.95.

Poland's last communist Prime Minister Mieczyslaw Rakowski has died aged 82. (Yes, I admit I used cut-and-paste for his name!)

The singer Jody Reynolds has died at the age of 70. He had a million seller in 1958 with "Endless Sleep", which is a song about a girl who commits suicide by drowning.

The singer Jody Reynolds has died at the age of 70. He had a million seller in 1958 with "Endless Sleep", which is a song about a girl who commits suicide by drowning.

Covered by the total legend that is Billy Idol, no less. Not relevant, just any good reason to mention the lustbucket that is Billy.

Can't say I own Billy's version, but I do own several covers of that corker. Notably a cracker by Leo Kottke.

Miriam Makeba, talented singer best known for her international hit "Pata Pata" has died at the age of 76. Most Westerners probably thought of her as a one hit wonder with Pata Pata, but she was a truly a treasure in the music world. But more than a just talented artist, Makeba was also a powerful activist who served as the voice of the South African people and fought against apartheid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7719056.stm

Serial killer Arthur Shawcross, who was serving life in prison for strangling and mutilating 11 women in New York State, has died at the age of 63. He was quite partial to eating human flesh and spoke expansively on the topic when he was interviewed for a Channel 4 documentary a few years ago.

Meanwhile, in Brazil, a woman has died on the way to a cemetery when a traffic accident hurled her husband's coffin against the back of her neck.

Meanwhile, in Brazil, a woman has died on the way to a cemetery when a traffic accident hurled her husband's coffin against the back of her neck.

I bet he was always a bit of a pain in the neck...

So, let's get this straight....

This guy

_45202753_jackscott2_226.jpg

read the news on television, but really he was working for...

This lot?

Respect!

It's the end of the line for the world's oldest polar bear.

Debby does dying.

Irving Brecher dies at 94.

He wrote 2 of the Marx Brothers' films, "At the Circus" and Go West" as well as being an uncredited writer on "Gone with the Wind". He also shared an oscar nomination for the screenplay of "Meet Me in St Louis" starring Judy Garland.

"Brecher recently recalled his first meeting with Groucho Marx: I said, Hello, Mr. Marx. He said, Hello? That's supposed to be a funny line? Is this the guy who's supposed to write our movie?

Then I said, Well, I saw you say hello in one of your movies, and I thought it was so funny I'd steal it and use it now. Grouch smiled, then he bought me lunch."

Headlines: Veteran Theater and Dance Critic Clive Barnes Dies at 81

by Broadway.com

Clive Barnes, the British-born theater and dance critic who enjoyed a long career at The New York Times and more recently at the New York Post, died on November 19 in New York, reportedly of cancer. He was 81.

Born in London on May 13, 1927, and educated at Oxford University, Barnes began his career as the drama, music and dance critic for the London Daily Express (1956-1965), and concurrently served as chief dance critic for the Times of London (1961-1965). Invited to join The New York Times as chief dance critic in 1965, he assumed the powerful post as the paper’s chief drama critic in 1967. In 1977, the Times replaced Barnes with Richard Eder as drama critic, asking him to stay on to review dance. Instead, he jumped to the Post, where he continued to review theater (alongside Frank Scheck) and dance, posting a review as recently as October 31. His final Broadway reviews included a mixed notice for All My Sons and a negative review of A Tale of Two Cities.

A member of the New York Drama Critics’ Circle, Barnes also served as New York critic for the London weekly newspaper The Stage and wrote a monthly column in Dance magazine. He published books and magazine articles on theater, dance and opera worldwide.

Wrong Clive.

Wasn't he in Dallas? confused0006.gif

Oh - no, that was Cliff Barnes.

Guy Peellaert

Belgian Pop artist who created Bowie's infamous "Diamond Dogs" cover, as well as work for the Stones and well-known film posters ("Taxi Driver", "Paris, Texas"), has died aged 74.

Diamond-Dogs.jpg

It's the end of the line for the world's oldest polar bear.

Debby does dying.

Yeah, this actually made front page news on Yahoo!

You know that celebrity deaths are gettin' real slow when the obituaries have to report the death of a friggin' polar bear.

Did anybody know that Byron Lee had died?

According to wikipedia he died on the 4th November.

He was number 13 on my 2009 DDP.

He obviously wasn't as famous as I thought...