Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Some Japanese bloke with firmly held beliefs and a sense of theatre has died. No name as yet, maybe he was called Hari Kari.

Burmese poltical prisoner Win Tin has died of tuberculosis at the age of 30. I thought he was a pick on the DDP, but it turns out that he isn't, there's another Burmese dissident called U Win Tin.

Burmese poltical prisoner Win Tin has died of tuberculosis at the age of 30. I thought he was a pick on the DDP, but it turns out that he isn't, there's another Burmese dissident called U Win Tin.

Oh well, you win tin some, you lose tin some.....

I'll get me coat...

If these things happen in twos (they never happen in threes, I checked) this could be a bad omen for Tin Tin, Rin Tin Tin, Tin Tin Out, Tin Machine, or Wu Tang Clan, and it's all Because of Winn Dixie.

Edwin Bickerstaff, not hugely famous but known to everyone who's ever suffered from Bickerstaff's Encephalitis.

or Wu Tang Clan,

The Wu is too slammin for these Cold Killin labels

Some ain't had hits since I seen Aunt Mabel

Be doin artists in like Cain did Abel

Now they money's gettin stuck to the gum under the table :rolleyes:

That's what ya get when ya misuse what I invent

Your empire falls and ya lose every cent

Auschwitz survivor Leon Greenman OBE, author, market trader and activist. He wrote the books "Leon Greenman, Auschwitz Survivor 98288" and "An Englishman in Auschwitz"

Leon Greenman is dead.

Senior Farc leader Raul Reyes (AKA Luis Edgar Devia) has been shot

I've never heard of him either!

You won't have heard of Ivan Rios either, then. Not been a great week for those Farcers.

Carole Barnes dead...

Here's a link

Carole Barnes dead...

Here's a link

What a shame. I remember her as a newsreader since I was a kid...

She's gone in very similar circumstances to Tony Banks: A totally unexpected and fatal stroke..

Former Stockport County, Huddersfield Town, Oldham Athletic and Aston Villa footballer Les Smith has died at the age of 87

The Red Dutchess , sounds like a racehorse, in reality she was an aristocrat with a hatred for General Franco.

Multiple killer, Richard Biegenwald, has died in prison in New Jersey. He was committed to a psychiatric hospital aged five after trying to burn his house down, diagnosed with a drink problem aged eight, killed for the first time aged eighteen and went on to kill four other people "for fun".

Gerry McLaverty, the only man to survive the attentions of the odious Shankill Butchers has died of a heart attack aged 50.

Michael Todd, the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police, has been found dead in the Snowdonia National Park.

Michael Todd, the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police, has been found dead in the Snowdonia National Park.

Apparently, he once volunteered to be shot by a taser, to demonstrate it's safety. I wonder if being hit by 50,000 volts had in some way affected him... :P

Apparently, he once volunteered to be shot by a taser, to demonstrate it's safety. I wonder if being hit by 50,000 volts had in some way affected him...

He should have been charged with wasting police time.

He should have been charged with wasting police time.

Or assault and battery.

Revolting.

etc.etc.ad nauseam

'Hot Rod' designer, John Buttera dies aged 58. (from Cancer, not rediculously fast cars)

'Hot Rod' designer, John Buttera aged 58.

He'll be churning in his grave.

The founder of the 'Trek Bicycle' Richard Burke has stopped short and gone over the handle bars at age 73. ;)

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/03/11/...-Obit-Burke.php

What a weirdly written obit.

The last par [well, penultimate if you count the "he is survived by... etc"]:

Burke was an avid runner who competed in five New York City Marathons and three Boston Marathons, his son said. But later in life he rode his bike quite a bit.

Interesting, I have recently been burning serious rubber and on Saturday turned in a fairly swift time in the first time trial of the season, aboard my new Trek bicycle. Irrespective of the weird obit......respect to that man.