Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

The avant-garde composer Mauricio Kagel has died at the age of 76. Born in Argentina, he emigrated to Germany in 1957, thereby reversing a recent trend.

Piano maker, Henry Z. Steinway has died at the age of 93

You mean no longer upright?

or no longer feeling grand

Baseball player and Basketball coach Ernie Andres has died at age 90.

I think not, somehow.

Tsk, tsk.

Andres also served as an assistant basketball coach under Branch McCracken from 1949-58, winning the national title in 1953.

But anyway, I was meaning to post that Hollywood stuntwoman Alice Van-Springsteen has followed hot on the heals of fellow stuntwoman Hazel Warp by dying of old age.

Baseball player and Basketball coach Andres also served as an assistant basketball coach under Branch McCracken from 1949-58, winning the national title in 1953.

Yes, but it's not really what he was best remembered for - although no-one here will remember him anyway because no-one's heard of him (Apart from BC Alum perhaps, he excels in knowing people no-one of us have ever heard of! Heath who? Tim who? ;) ). It seemed a random thing to post about his basketball, when you consider for 25 years he was a baseball coach at Indiana University.

Anyway, I mis-read it on Wikipedia & thought Emil Andres had died all over again.

I hope this trend of nobody famous dying continues until December 31st. It certainly would make life easier....

Baseball player and Basketball coach Andres also served as an assistant basketball coach under Branch McCracken from 1949-58, winning the national title in 1953.

Yes, but it's not really what he was best remembered for - although no-one here will remember him anyway because no-one's heard of him (Apart from BC Alum perhaps, he excels in knowing people no-one of us have ever heard of! Heath who? Tim who? ;) ). It seemed a random thing to post about his basketball, when you consider for 25 years he was a baseball coach at Indiana University.

Anyway, I mis-read it on Wikipedia & thought Emil Andres had died all over again.

I hope this trend of nobody famous dying continues until December 31st. It certainly would make life easier....

I keep forgetting that I am a Yankee and most of you guys are British. That's why I "excel" in knowing people none of you guys have heard of.

We Yanks have different standards of who a celebrity is. If you ask an American who Jeremy Beadle, Carol Barnes or Mark Speight is, 99.9% of Americans would be completely scratching their heads. On the other hand, if we ask British people who Bernie Mac, Tim Russert, or Don S. Davis are, most British would be flabbergasted.

I keep forgetting that I am a Yankee and most of you guys are British. That's why I "excel" in knowing people none of you guys have heard of.

We Yanks have different standards of who a celebrity is. If you ask an American who Jeremy Beadle, Carol Barnes or Mark Speight is, 99.9% of Americans would be completely scratching their heads. On the other hand, if we ask British people who Bernie Mac, Tim Russert, or Don S. Davis are, most British would be flabbergasted.

Never the Twain mate, Never the Twain...

Perhaps the headline should read: Czech Cancelled After Hotel Blast.

Link.

Thomas Dörflein the keeper who reared Knut, the world's most famous polar bear, has been found dead at the age of 44.

0,1020,1307931,00.jpg

Poor Knut, abandoned by his mother and now this, he's going to grow up with issues. ;)

Robert Randell, reunited with his old mate Jeremy Beadle.

Well at least he knows that when he gets to heaven, Beadle's about.....

*tumbleweed*

A couple of people may vaguely remember me posting this about past Eurovision contestants and mentioning Yugoslavian entrant Vice Vukov, who after a fall had been in a persistive vegetable state.

He died earlier today - I don't have a link as I really can't be bothered to trawl Croatian websites, and none of the Eurovision websites have anything that I can link to.

A couple of people may vaguely remember me posting this about past Eurovision contestants and mentioning Yugoslavian entrant Vice Vukov, who after a fall had been in a persistive vegetable state.

He died earlier today - I don't have a link as I really can't be bothered to trawl Croatian websites, and none of the Eurovision websites have anything that I can link to.

So how did you find out? Radio Croatia?

So how did you find out? Radio Croatia?

I can only guess that she heard it on the grapevine that had picked up some gossip among the runner beans, peas and Croats.

Vukov Obit

I think, like Sir Brian Pippard, who also died recently, Vukov was a former pick on the DDP? (probably by VT). I certainly remember VT bringing him up a while back.

Guest ATS

Ex Notts County manager Jimmy Sirrel died aged 86

One of the old school football bosses

Got Notts Co. into the old division one on a shoestring budget

Those were the days eh?

Ex Notts County manager Jimmy Sirrel died aged 86

One of the old school football bosses

Got Notts Co. into the old division one on a shoestring budget

Those were the days eh?

They don't make 'em like him any more!

81Sirrel1.jpg

;)

Singer Connie Haines, who preformed with Frank Sinatra in the 1940s, has died at the age of 87. She is survived by her 109 year old mother.