Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

J.L. Chestnut, the first black attorney in Selma, AL, passed away 9/30/2008 from kidney failure. An amazing man who fought an amazing battle behind the scenes of the US Civil Rights movement.

Dare they cremate him? All together now....

"Chestnut's roasting in an open fire" <_<

Guest Guest

former BBC and Sky news journalist Bob Friend has died.

Austrian far-right politician and Hitler-fan Jörg Haider has died aged 58 in a car crash.

It was reported a few days ago on Wikipedia, but with its only link as a Dr Who fan site, I was recluctant to post it here until I had a credible source:

Peter Copley, who appeared in numerous TV shows & films & was working until earlier this year, has died, aged 93.

But it should be for his theatre that he ought to be remembered. A good friend of Sir Alec Guinness, a contemporary of Olivier, Copley was a brilliant stage actor, and that was far, far better than anything he did on TV.

He was also 25th in my DDP 2008 list, but it was between him & Frith Banbury. As Banbury also died this year, no regrets.

It was reported a few days ago on Wikipedia, but with its only link as a Dr Who fan site, I was recluctant to post it here until I had a credible source:

Peter Copley, who appeared in numerous TV shows & films & was working until earlier this year, has died, aged 93.

But it should be for his theatre that he ought to be remembered. A good friend of Sir Alec Guinness, a contemporary of Olivier, Copley was a brilliant stage actor, and that was far, far better than anything he did on TV.

He was also 25th in my DDP 2008 list, but it was between him & Frith Banbury. As Banbury also died this year, no regrets.

I was only watching 'Pyramids of Mars' the other day and remarking on his longevity. Wish I'd kept me mouth shut...

Austrian far-right politician and Hitler-fan Jörg Haider has died aged 58 in a car crash.

That is one of the most politically convenient deaths I've read about. Hmmmm... :flame:

That is one of the most politically convenient deaths I've read about. Hmmmm... :unsure:

Lets hope for just one more politically convenient death:

alexsalmondelected.jpg

:flame::):huh:;)

Alton Ellis is no longer rocksteady.

[edit] Just seen this in the Ideas & possibilities thread. [rant] :flame: Can you please post deaths in this thread and ideas in the other thread.[/rant] :)

Ballerina Nadia Nerina has died aged 80. She once managed to seriously piss off Rudolf Nureyev:

"Renowned as the best technician at Covent Garden in the 1950s and 1960s, she impressed and humbled Rudolf Nureyev when he attempted to show off in a performance of Giselle with a series of 16 entrechats six (jumps with rapid changes of feet). Performing Swan Lake a few nights later, with Nureyev watching from the stalls, Nadia Nerina doubled his feat to 32 — an unheard-of achievement for a female dancer — and a furious Nureyev stormed out of the performance."

HH Prince Michael Andreevich Romanoff, the oldest surviving member of the massacred Romanoff dynasty, died last month at the age of 88. He lived in Australia and worked as a painter and decorator. His friends called him Mike.

If his mother was George V's cousin. What relation does that make him to our Queen? I got dizzy trying to work it out, third cousin twice removed was my best guess. :D

One-legged actor (and son of knobnose liver transplant donee Gérard) Guillaume Depardieu has conked out from pneumonia at 37.

Doesn't surprise me that he's died young as he's seemed to have a death wish for a long, long time. Rather surprised it was pneumonia that got him in the end . Shame though, decent actor in the right role.

One-legged actor (and son of knobnose liver transplant donee Gérard) Guillaume Depardieu has conked out from pneumonia at 37.

Doesn't surprise me that he's died young as he's seemed to have a death wish for a long, long time. Rather surprised it was pneumonia that got him in the end . Shame though, decent actor in the right role.

Isn't "pneumonia" a common death cert euphemism for a taboo disease (prevalent in the unprotected, third world)? :D

Isn't "pneumonia" a common death cert euphemism for a taboo disease (prevalent in the unprotected, third world)? :D

Bedbugs? :P

Isn't "pneumonia" a common death cert euphemism for a taboo disease (prevalent in the unprotected, third world)?

Not exactly, though it's often a genuine cause of death in the final stages of an illness like AIDS that leaves the sufferer immobile with their lungs slowly clogging with fluid until they splutter and rasp away their final hours.....or summat.

BBC obit

Neil Hefti, composer of the Batman theme tune, has da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-died of a heart attack, aged 85.

Neil Hefti, composer of the Batman theme tune, has da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-died of a heart attack, aged 85.

Holy cardiac arrest batman !!!!!!