Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Billy 'Black Neck' Bell has shot himself. Left behind a few of his guns. A 'few' in this case being around 70.

Ben Weider, 85, body builder and internationally renowned Napoleonic scholar.

Cricket umpire Nigel Plews has died of kidney cancer at the age of 74. :)

(Scroll down to the bottom)

Meet Your Maker is not going to give up his title without a fight...

Actually on second thoughts, having glanced at who else picked Mr Plews, congratulations to The Living End!

Actually on second thoughts, having glanced at who else picked Mr Plews, congratulations to The Living End!

Most boring deadpool candidate ever. Not a single article about him since he was mentioned on DL last year. Next please!

Most boring deadpool candidate ever. Not a single article about him since he was mentioned on DL last year. Next please!

You ruthless so-and-so... :)

Plews was simply one of those "has to be in it to win it" picks for the DDP and a good example why the DL should never take its DDP entry too seriously. I didn't even know I had him until I looked.

Broadcaster, writer, humourist and journalist Miles Kington has died aged 66.

A well known face on TV a few years back, though not seen much recently. He wrote a column in the "Independent", the last of which was printed in yesterday's edition.

He was a renowned authority on jazz. He always appeared to have a very cheery outlook on life, so will be sadly missed I'm sure.

One of the forerunners for the "80 Days Around the World", eventually taken up by Michael Palin, to huge success. I think Kington would probably have been just as enjoyable.

A great shame - we're losing too many of the likes of him early whilst boring old fossils or idiots continue to roam the earth.

For my money the best columnist of the 80s well ahead of Alan Coren.

Radio 4 are doing a feature this week on letters Miles Kington wrote after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in January. I tuned in this morning (shamefully admits to listening to Woman's Hour :) ) and it was very good. You can listen online here

Biographer and music executive Peter J. Levinson has died at the age of 74

Australian multiple murderer James Miller, the "Truro Killer", has died in prison at the age of 68. He was one of two men who killed six women in the 1970s. Their murder spree came to a sudden end when his partner in crime, Christopher Worrell and a seventh woman who was their next intended victim, were killed in a car crash.

Meanwhile, the Daily Mail claim that the Bali Bombers have "only hours to live". These guys are the ultimate "death teases" and I fully expect them to be alive when I wake up in the morning.

Hardly obit-worthy by our usual standards but I've just heard that Mark Brann has died, aged 32. Lived down south and knew a thing or two about exotic animals, even ran an 'exotic pet centre.' Had the odd dealing with him and was greatly impressed by his knowledge, didn't realise he had epilepsy bad enough to be life threatening.

Meanwhile, the Daily Mail claim that the Bali Bombers have "only hours to live". These guys are the ultimate "death teases" and I fully expect them to be alive when I wake up in the morning.

They've got at least a week. Only a ray clemency plea from UN peace envoys xzandra, Vaagheid and BC Alum can save them now.

"All the matters relating to legal procedures have been completed,'' Panjaitan told reporters in Jakarta today. "The decision is final. I hope that Devonian ghoul is happy now''

Guest ATS

Kevin Finnegan former British & European middleweight boxing champion

(brother of Olympic gold medallist Chris) found dead at the age of 60.

He had not been seen for a few days so police had to break their way into his home

Fought the likes of Marvin Hagler and Alan Minter during his career

Only a ray clemency plea from UN peace envoys xzandra, Vaagheid and BC Alum can save them now.

:rolleyes: TAFKAG, I'll try and keeper this on topic. Do you think when the lever or trigger is given a paul, robinason of a father, a goal has been achieved? Or should a trench be dug, filled with alcohol, I would choose Gordons, banks high enough to prevent escape to victory, then throw in a match? Then we could watch the magnificent ditchburn. Oh, I am such a buffon, to be frank. Swift ly moving on...etc.

Only a ray clemency plea from UN peace envoys xzandra, Vaagheid and BC Alum can save them now.

:rolleyes: TAFKAG, I'll try and keeper this on topic. Do you think when the lever or trigger is given a paul, robinason of a father, a goal has been achieved? Or should a trench be dug, filled with alcohol, I would choose Gordons, banks high enough to prevent escape to victory, then throw in a match? Then we could watch the magnificent ditchburn. Oh, I am such a buffon, to be frank. Swift ly moving on...etc.

Young man, young man, keep yer shilt on...

I think I'd better put a sprake on this before we confuse the poor Americans (and everyone else) even moore more.

Now you're just taking the schmeichel.

I think I'd better put a sprake on this before we confuse the poor Americans (and everyone else) even moore more.

Personally I think the Bali Bombers should be Given a Hardy & severe Yashin until they say no no zat's enough, we want no Zamora!"

Kahn they not just do that? Why can't they Cech that option out? Dida they thinka of that-a? Pfaff!!!

Bet they "that's it, execution - z'off."

I thank yew.. I thank yew..