Sign in to follow this  
Saint Peter

Ken Dodd

Looks like Ken Dodd would like to be on the 2008 list.

Ken in hospital

Year hardly started and Ken is queue jumping the 2008 list...

He is being treated at the Royal Liverpool Hospital, where a spokeswoman said he was expected to be discharged "in a couple of days".

Anyone got a cannon?

Yikes. My mum met Ken Dodd last year and he was rather nasty to her, their meeting ending with my mum telling him to "Go and join Bernard Manning"

Seems that Ken was only being tucked in. He'll be back to work after his Hernia op shortly. I'm no expert, but there are few things medically less sinister than a hernia, no?

His dad's dog's dead, you know?

Who's dads dogs dead?

Seems that Ken was only being tucked in. He'll be back to work after his Hernia op shortly. I'm no expert, but there are few things medically less sinister than a hernia, no?

He probably picked up that hernia from sleeping on top of a bag of tax-free dosh...

ken dodd, the magic man of comedy is 84 this year and still workingn hard can he keep it up ?...

Merged

Edited by heaven can wait
Merged with comics thread

ken dodd, the magic man of comedy is 84 this year and still workingn hard can he keep it up ?...

Merged

Hmm, were you watching BBC2's various tributes to him perchance?

Merged

Hmm, were you watching BBC2's various tributes to him perchance?

I'm sure that was recorded years ago.

Robert Stigwood, Epsteins former partner and BG promoter. He's been selling up property and looked remarkably frail at Robin Gibb's funeral; either that or he was smuggling a Koala.

Whilst acting on this information and adding Robert Stigwood to my database I found Beryl Vertue but she is another of these elusive people whose birthdate is not common knowledge. I do not think she is a good pick for 2013 as on the Sherlock DVD extras she comes across as fit and well but when she does go her association with Sherlock and Stephen Moffatt (Mother-in-law) will guarentee an obit.

Does anybody know how old she is?

More than that. She was the producer of 'Men Behaving Badly' as well as having a long professional association with Spike Milligan and Tony Hancock...

Beryl and Ken were on a BBC2 Sykes tribute film today - both looked good for a good few years yet. Hats (or wigs?) off to 85-year-old men vain enough to still dye their hair.

Guest Guest

If anyone was thinking of suggesting Ken Dodd for next years list don't bother. I just saw him on the news talking about Cilla Black and I'm sorry to say he's looking bloody good for nearly 88 .He looks maybe 20 years younger !

If anyone was thinking of suggesting Ken Dodd for next years list don't bother. I just saw him on the news talking about Cilla Black and I'm sorry to say he's looking bloody good for nearly 88 .He looks maybe 20 years younger !

Yeah he looked in great shape, i was surprised he looked so well, Bruce Forsyth on the other hand looked really old and a bit rough, would of thought it would be the other way round to be honest, don't think Bruce is going anywhere soon though, i think he will easily see 2016 through, probably a good bet from 2020 onwards.

I don't agree, I'm afraid. His breathing seems quite laboured in this footage, probably meaning either his heart or lungs are failing him.

Ken Dodd has tour dates scheduled until end of April 2016. I do not think he will be troubling the DL next year.

Hmm, dunno, he may not be the new Dunn, but he could be the new Tommy Cooper.

• Like 1

Guest shitforbrains

I'm surprised the old fuck is still going.

Ken Dodd has tour dates scheduled until end of April 2016. I do not think he will be troubling the DL next year.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Dodd wound up doing a Tommy Cooper on stage, he will literally keep touring till he reaches either the morgue or the nursing home

Guest Guest

Ken Dodd is dead is something you won't be reading for many years to come !

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Dodd wound up doing a Tommy Cooper on stage, he will literally keep touring till he reaches either the morgue or the nursing home

I'm surprised there's still an audience.

I'm surprised there's still an audience.

My In-laws have been several times to see him. Apparently he is well worth seeing live he puts a lot into it I do think he might end up doing a Tommy Cooper though.