maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

What ever happened to Katherine Crowe?

She's still giving updates on her website's blog. She backtracked on the whole "no more treatment" thing as she's been trying electrochemotherapy.

FFS!!

I kicked Reg Presley OFF my DDP team to make way for her!

according to Wiki, Sybil Williams, the first Mrs Richard Burton has jumped ship....no obit yet.

according to Wiki, Sybil Williams, the first Mrs Richard Burton has jumped ship....no obit yet.

I'd wait for a more reliable source than wiki.

Guest Guest

never heard of her

Update on DDP favourite Lisa Lynch: she welcomed the new year in a coma and has been suffering from subdural bleeding over the past few months. Her webmaster is welcoming anyone who wants to write a guest post on the site, so I'm sure someone from here will step forward to wish her all the best on her journey.

She's dead, apparently.

Update on DDP favourite Lisa Lynch: she welcomed the new year in a coma and has been suffering from subdural bleeding over the past few months. Her webmaster is welcoming anyone who wants to write a guest post on the site, so I'm sure someone from here will step forward to wish her all the best on her journey.

She's dead, apparently.

And so the wait begins for the obit.

There's enough journos tweeting about her, I'm guessing she'll get the requisite Times send-off within the week.

She's dead, apparently.

And so the wait begins for the obit.

There's enough journos tweeting about her, I'm guessing she'll get the requisite Times send-off within the week.

Irrelevant now but...she'd DD's Death Race Joker, meaning just over 600 pts! If you are on his DDP team and still breathing...be very afraid!

Who is this Lisa Lynch? I take it that she's one of these people who gets ill and then writes about it, in other words only "famous for being ill". That about right?

Who is this Lisa Lynch? I take it that she's one of these people who gets ill and then writes about it, in other words only "famous for being ill". That about right?

That's about right. She blogged and wrote a book, got adopted by the media.

This article in the Guardian appeared after she had made 'a full recovery'.(2010)

That's about right. She blogged and wrote a book, got adopted by the media.

This article in the Guardian appeared after she had made 'a full recovery'.(2010)

Yes.

I rather dislike this kind of thing, having seen other cancer sufferers derive misplaced hope from these self-absorbed attention seekers people, only to deteriorate and die themselves.

She was editor of "Real Homes" magazine, so she had some very, very vague "fame" before her cancer.

She was editor of "Real Homes" magazine, so she had some very, very vague "fame" before her cancer.

Doubt that many people have even heard of the magazine, let alone its staff. Oh well, that's deadpooling.

More on the fringes of infamy than fame, and possibly only of interest to our US viewers, Ruth Ann Steinhagen died at the end of 2012.

She became obsessed with Cubs baseball player Eddie Waitkus and subsequently shot him after he got traded to the Phillies.

This was the inspiration for the book, and later the film starring Robert Redford, The Natural.

NO FUCKING WAY!! OUR VERY OWN PAUL BEARER!

65bgvp.gif

Rest in peace brother.

moody-articleLarge.jpg

William Moody, better known as the professional wrestling manager
, who could summon supernatural powers from an urn of cremated ashes whenever his 6-foot-10, 299-pound client, the Undertaker, was in trouble, died on March 5 in Mobile, Ala. He was 58.

His death was confirmed by Cowboy Bob Kelly, a prominent wrestler in the 1970s and a close friend. Mr. Moody, who underwent gastric bypass surgery several years ago, had recently complained of respiratory problems, Mr. Kelly said.

“Who’s the guy with the martini shaker?” a ringside announcer asked the first time Paul Bearer (yes, as in pallbearer) appeared alongside the Undertaker ( Mark Calaway) on “Monday Night Raw” in early 1993. It was the beginning of a long and dark relationship that proved a boon to World Wrestling Entertainment for the next two decades.

Link!

Not that it was ever in doubt, but how about this?

I hope you've kept the place tidy, Octopus.

I was beginning to lose hope...

Moves me into 9th, I think, but a massive whack off DDT climbing inevitably to the summit.

Still a long way to go, and both OoO and DDT have used up their jokers...

True, it's a very high scoring year...The Living End already has more points than OoO did when he won the DDP

The ol' Yogi Berra adage is certainly a truth in deadpooling - ain't over till it's over

• Like 1