maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

3 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Leah Adler, the mother of Steven Spielberg, has died aged 97. 

In case anyone's interested, his father entered the list of living centenarians with a claim to fame that doesn't include being old a couple of weeks ago! 

6 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Leah Adler, the mother of Steven Spielberg, has died aged 97. 

Was she on someone's list?

28 minutes ago, rockhopperpenguin said:

Was she on someone's list?

She was on Steven's family tree list, I'd assume!

17 minutes ago, msc said:

She was on Steven's family tree list, I'd assume!

List, film, Spielberg.......???? List, dead pools.........geddit?

30 minutes ago, rockhopperpenguin said:

List, film, Spielberg.......???? List, dead pools.........geddit?

Golden opportunity there...:whoosh:

• Like 6

7 hours ago, time said:

Golden opportunity there...:whoosh:

It's already seeing usage... excellent :D

Luke Bryan took to Twitter to thank fans for their prayers after his infant niece, Sadie Brett, died on Tuesday, February 21.

Anyone know how many of The Zimmers are still alive?

As far as I know The Zimmers constantly find new members so a bit of a redundant question.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

As far as I know The Zimmers constantly find new members so a bit of a redundant question.

Should have clarified the original members from the documentary who sang in the My Generation song. Most of them were in their 90s in 2007 so I'd hazard not many. I might look into it when I've got some free time.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 08:16, Thatcher said:

Christian Evans, the ex-husband of Ricki Lake, has died.

In the new issue of People magazine, Lake revealed that Evans killed himself after losing his battle to bipolar disease. Two days before he was found dead in his car with a self-inflicted gunshot wound, he emailed a suicide note to his sister, who texted Lake. She said, "I knew right then that he was gone. Everybody thought he was missing, but I knew.”

SC

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

In the new issue of People magazine, Lake revealed that Evans killed himself after losing his battle to bipolar disease. Two days before he was found dead in his car with a self-inflicted gunshot wound, he emailed a suicide note to his sister, who texted Lake. She said, "I knew right then that he was gone. Everybody thought he was missing, but I knew.”

SC

Well, duh. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4272182/Ricki-Lake-reveals-slept-tragic-bipolar-ex.html

And she fucked him three days before he blew his head off. Nice work. 

• Like 1

On 27/02/2017 at 01:15, Ulitzer95 said:

Indeed and the obitability of each member isn't great. Dunno if John Bonham's mother - a member of an early line-up - is still there and/or still breathing. She's about as famous as individual Zimmers get.

On 4.8.2016 at 20:41, gcreptile said:

Not only does Gord Downie, frontman of The Tragically Hip have terminal cancer, but now Darren Sawchuk, frontman of a Canadian The Tragically Hip-cover band, has terminal cancer, too:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/tragically-hip-cover-band-cancer-1.3705131

I guess the obit chances depend very much on timing.

Darren Sawchuk is now dead:

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/record-store-owner-tragically-hip-cover-musician-passes-away-from-cancer-1.3331047

MSC's reserve team picked him for the DDP. I guess the obit would be more likely if Downie had died first.

I suspect so too, though I'd be quite happy if Here's What You Could Have Won filled up with List of the Lost picks, as it would suggest my radar for QO's for the main team had improved!

Apart from Aspin

Golfer Jason Days mother under the knife for lung cancer. One for something like the DL Cup perhapshttp://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2017/03/22/jason-day-breaks-down-saying-mom-has-lung-cancer/99509336/