maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Hardly a celebrity relative, but Billy McConville one of the ten children of the disappeared IRA victim Jean McConville, has terminal cancer.

Poor man, he hasn't had much luck at all in life if that article is anything to go by.  Also, I'm really not sure about the wallpaper behind his bed.

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Hardly a celebrity relative, but Billy McConville one of the ten children of the disappeared IRA victim Jean McConville, has terminal cancer.

Poor man, he hasn't had much luck at all in life if that article is anything to go by.  Also, I'm really not sure about the wallpaper behind his bed.

A journalist working for The Irish News who interviewed him says he has died

15 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Dead. http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/billy-mcconville-dies-following-plea-13376461

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Posted by Thatcher on this thread 16 hours ago...

Thatcher linked to a Twitter post (which might not be regarded as a reliable source), while YW cited a proper newspaper article. (Although one would have had to be very quick to pick him for any DP before he was declared dead.)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Posted by Thatcher on this thread 16 hours ago...

I maybe should have said confirmed. :lol:

• Like 1

Browsing the DDP (as you do) and came across the entry for Teresa Mills, the birth mother of Jamie Baulch.

Now in an article in Wales Online http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/i-think-whole-wales-crying-8324235 she was alternatively named Teresa Patey.

So I went off on a search and discovered she died in September 2016. https://www.gofundme.com/2rx8tq55 Pic with JB included.

Sometimes I wish I entered a DDP B-team, put Zarin or Ted Mack as joker, and called it "Bobby Zarin's Mack the Knifed".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Monty was soooo 15, so Zarin is an 18 hit...

On 07/23/2017 at 23:03, DevonDeathTrip said:

He also has one of those touch lamps by his bed my nan had. Seeing that brought back memories. I wonder if they still sell them?

16 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Guillermina Quiñones, the mother of the award winning and best selling salsa artist Marc Anthonyhas died.

Edit: Daily Mail obituary.

Her getting a DM obit is simply absurd.  Slow news day.

No obituary yet but it's circulating in the Laurel and Hardy community that Stan's only child, Lois Laurel Hawes, has died aged 89.

21 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Her getting a DM obit is simply absurd.  Slow news day.

Not really. Marc Anthony is an insanely popular singer among many Puerto Ricans, and DM is a clickbait site trying to get hits for everything and anything. Parents of less popular singers/actor could nab DM mentions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Not really. Marc Anthony is an insanely popular singer among many Puerto Ricans, and DM is a clickbait site trying to get hits for everything and anything. Parents of less popular singers/actor could nab DM mentions. 

If your portrayal is accurate, and I've no reason to think otherwise, why is DM considered a legit news source for QOs then?  

5 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

If your portrayal is accurate, and I've no reason to think otherwise, why is DM considered a legit news source for QOs then?  

Because it's one of the major newspapers in the UK, for good and bad.

And has been since the First World War, at least. One of the old dames of British media.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, msc said:
12 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Because it's one of the major newspapers in the UK, for good and bad.

And has been since the First World War, at least. One of the old dames of British media.

The internet has created a monster with the DM.  They never used to print all the shite they do now, because there wasn't room.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

The internet has created a monster with the DM.  They never used to print all the shite they do now, because there wasn't room.

Well, same of the BBC, Guardian, etc etc, and you can't rule them all out.

It's the way of the world.

Real Housewives of New York City alum Jill Zarin's husband, Bobby Zarin, has been hospitalized as he continues to battle thyroid cancer. 
Guess I coulda posted this three different places, I hope this one made sense.

SC

1 hour ago, msc said:

Well, same of the BBC, Guardian, etc etc, and you can't rule them all out.

It's the way of the world.

Yes, but I was following on from your point that the DM was once a respected newspaper.  

Don't get me started on the BBC though.

• Like 1